IGNORED

microRendu to iFi DSD Dac - Jitterbug as a hard adapter

Hi all, I asked this over in the iDSD thread.

For any microRendu owners that use an iFi iDSD Dac and have a Jitterbug lying around...

I'm looking for a well built hard adapter to go between the iDSD Dac and microRendu.

The Jitterbug is significantly better than any of the cheap hard adapters on eBay but I don't know if the Jitterbug female end fits into the iDSD male USB port.

I obviously don't really need the Jitterbug's jitter reducing tech with the microRrendu - I'm just interested in it's good build quality as a hard adapter with the microRendu (IF it fits in the iDSD of course).

If any microRendu owners that have an iDSD Dac and Jitterbug around could help to check it fits inside the iDSD that'd be appreciated :-)

On 4/30/2017 at 0:43 AM, Em2016 said:

Hi all, I asked this over in the iDSD thread.

For any microRendu owners that use an iFi iDSD Dac and have a Jitterbug lying around...

I'm looking for a well built hard adapter to go between the iDSD Dac and microRendu.

The Jitterbug is significantly better than any of the cheap hard adapters on eBay but I don't know if the Jitterbug female end fits into the iDSD male USB port.

I obviously don't really need the Jitterbug's jitter reducing tech with the microRrendu - I'm just interested in it's good build quality as a hard adapter with the microRendu (IF it fits in the iDSD of course).

If any microRendu owners that have an iDSD Dac and Jitterbug around could help to check it fits inside the iDSD that'd be appreciated :-)

you can use it if you like , but you'll still need an adapter.  you ultimately need males at both ends.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

In the FWIW column I tried my usual suspects of Wireworld Startlight (USB2 and 3), and some EU cables that were well reviewed between mRendu <> iFi Nano. Ended up liking the.5m Pangea pure silver which was cheaper than  the others to boot  The fact that its only 0.5m / 20 in long helps in keeping these lightweight components anchored

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 5 months later...

Interesting this, ... in the end I spent $ & got the custom-ised Curious for the rendu to iDSD dac.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.