Simply.... George! from VDM Records in Italy.

image.png.c6a2f569cf4a81608cdcdd40880ca84d.png

Simply... George! features a new, powerful and original version of George Gershwin's Rhapsody for Piano and Wind Orchestra plus a new version of Concert in F transcribed by Alessandro Celardi, the conductor of the Ferentino Wind Orchestra.

Performed by pianist Monaldo Braconi with the Ferentino Wind Orchestra conducted by Alessandro Celardi. This is a Stereo DXD recording using the Horus and Hapi Analog to Digital converters from Merging Technologies.

Simply... George! is available in Stereo DXD plus Stereo DSD 512, DSD 256, DSD 128, and DSD 64 editions created by NativeDSD Mastering Engineer Tom Caulfield using the Merging Technologies MICO modulators (DSD 256, DSD 128, DSD 64) and the Signalyst EC professional modulators (DSD 512). This is a new album you will want to add to your collection. Available today at the NativeDSD Music Store. It's a DSD Exclusive, Not Available on SACD release.

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/VDM03855042-simply-george

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/30/2020 at 2:10 AM, MetalNuts said:

SoundLiaison has become a label of good recordings. 

On 1/29/2020 at 5:11 PM, kumakuma said:

Wonderful recording.

I buy every new release from Sound Liaison as soon as the email announcement arrives in my inbox. Don't even listen to the previews any more. 

For any newcomers here I'd recommend the  sampler " the Visual Sound".

It is a brilliant show case of what the label has to offer.

spacer.pngSound-Liaison--music-sampler

recording engineer Frans de Rond is proving once again that his knowledge of mic placement and use of equipment is in a class of his own. 
He is able to create a sound stage, that projects an almost visual image of the musicians.
A sound stage which is intimate but also has depth and space.

The sound on the recordings presented here are like a three dimensional Van Gogh painting, where you can step in and take a look around.

• 4 weeks later...

New DXD album from the Sound Liaison label. Very well played and superbly well recorded.

spacer.pngSkylark

"In my mind's ear I hear my ideal piano sound. It’s a round, dark and full sound, with a singing quality. It's almost like a symphony orchestra hidden inside the piano, able to produce as many musical colours as possible. The danger with the piano is that if you don’t take care of your touch, it can sound very harsh and mechanical while with the right touch, dynamics and intention you can make a simple triad sound like an orchestra. I am still working on my sound on a daily basis".

"When I played with Toots Thielemans I was surprised that he almost insisted I would use a keyboard in combination with the piano in order to create an Orchestral sound on stage which he loved so much. 
I started investigating how to make the sound of an electronic keyboard blend with the acoustic sound of the piano and on that first tour with Toots I realized that combining the keyboard with the piano brought a new dimension to my playing. With one hand on each instrument the 'piano orchestral sound' I was hearing in my head started to come alive.

This preoccupation with sound probably has to do with my dad being an opera singer and thus having a very strong 'Classical' background.
As a Child I was allowed to be playing quietly with my Lego pieces in the Music room while my dad was teaching his vocal students.
And in another part of the house my mother was playing Frank Sinatra's Capitol albums all day long.
Sinatra's phrasing, his use of space and time, Nelson Riddle's superb arrangements, I must have heard those albums a million times and now 50 years later they continue to be a source of inspiration, especially when it comes to interpreting melodies".
"I had a wonderful time working with the Sound Liaison team creating the solo album 'Skylark'.
Frans de Rond's superb craftsmanship and his vision of sound has been a revelation.
He managed to realize the sound of my mind's ear."

Mike del Ferro

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

For those interested, the new Carmen Gomes Inc. Recording is available On their bandcamp page. The DXD and Other PCM resolutions and DSD will be released by Sound Liaison on November 13th. Hope to have it soon and will comment here.  

Thanks for mentioning. These days I just buy everything Frans releases as soon as soon as I get his email. 

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

You can hear the whole album on Bandcamp as indicated by OSO above, and purchase for €8, so a real bargain if you like the music. The sound quality seems on a par with Sound Liaison's other OneMic recordings i.e. excellent. However the songs are, how can I put it, an uneven eclectic mix. Half the tracks are Robert Johnson material in the Carmen Gomez soft jazz style interspersed with ~ 60 second 'atmospheric' interludes. Track 14 Stop Breaking Down is the only upbeat number. Sorry to say I don't think it'll have wide appeal other than possibly keen Carmen Gomez or OneMic recording fans.

🎸🎶🏔️🐺

On 10/20/2020 at 9:46 PM, oso said:

spacer.png 

I have bought the CD from Carmen at her;

BandCamp site

and can report that it is amazing. It is a kind of a  Blues Suite in the sense that every piece of music is connected and the SQ is S.L quality. A very fine album.

Got the CD it last night.

We listened to it from start to finish only getting up to get a refill.

Fantastic way to spend the evening. I advise new listeners to dim the lights and if possible listen to the whole album as if it was one long song or as if watching a movie with your ears as she suggest on her BandCamp Site  .

The small instrumentals combining the songs works like magic or is it voodoo?  That low bowed bass is almost scary!

Personally I love her way of singing and how she gives meaning to the lyrics and she and her band has given new life to these timeless Robert Johnson songs.

Best album of the year for me so far.

Looking forward to experiencing it again if it will be available from Native DSD or Sound Liaison in DXD.

Carmen calls the album a SOUND LIAISON audiophile recording so I guess it'll be there soon enough.