On 27-6-2017 at 3:08 AM, bmoura said:

Speaking of comparisons, be sure to check out the newly remasfered Stereo SACD of the original Belafonte Sings the Blues album from Analogue Productions.  Outstanding! 

5951aff0ec668_Cover-All.thumb.png.3e6a3573cb7d8799c83d1a2a5582f4a7.png

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/98991/Harry_Belafonte-Belafonte_Sings_The_Blues-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

Yes comparing the two albums shows what a marvelous job Carmen Gomes Inc. has done making that remake.

A number of songs are remarkably better in the new version;

On 6/6/2017 at 10:27 PM, bmoura said:

That's why it's good to try out some sample music downloads in different formats and bit rates before buying. 

For example, the Free Downloads in the "Members" section on NativeDSD Music have sample music tracks in multiple versions (Stereo and Multichannel DSD 64, 128, 256 or DXD).  Just set up a free account and download some samples to see which sounds best on your system.

https://members.nativedsd.com/

On the DACs and Players I have with DSD and DXD, the DSD tracks sound better.  Even when they come from DXD edited masters or DXD recordings.  Not what you would expect but it turns out that way here. 

Also, some PCM DACs do not play DXD files.  So be sure your DAC does play them before buying. 

Yeah but I though we should compare oranges with oranges and apples to apples. So you should compare studio master files between them... Upsampling and/or downsampling studio master files into something else just lowers the quality of the sound we get with the new files...

P.S. I've just read the 2nd and 3rd page of this thread so I guess I understand what you mean now.. I'd still go with the studio master files though... Maybe my preconceptions are clouding my judgement...

Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon High Current < AQ WEL XLR < Chord Qutest DAC w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Innuos Phoenix USB w AQ Dragon Source < Aurender N100H & AQ Dragon Source < NetGear GS105GE Switch w UpTone LPS1.2 < Supra CAT8 Ethernet < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Stillpoints UltraSS, Ansuz Darkz D-TC & D2, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < Furutech FT-SWS (R) < Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse < Solid Tech Hybrid < GigaWatt G-16A 2P Circuit Breaker

On 12/12/2017 at 12:37 PM, oso said:

Yes comparing the two albums shows what a marvelous job Carmen Gomes Inc. has done making that remake.

A number of songs are remarkably better in the new version;

There's more on the recording of Carmen Gomes Sings The Blues under the Producer's Notes section of the NativeDSD Blog 

http://blog.nativedsd.com/carmen-gomes-sings-the-blues-producers-note/

• 3 weeks later...

Very interesting reading the producer's notes. Thanks for posting. 

This explains the unique feel this album has. And hat's off to the musicians!

''

Normally when recording a live concert, I record the ”dress rehearsal” as well in order to have repair material just in case parts of the actual concert does not go as planned. However due to a technical failure, which I only managed to solve 10 minutes(!) before the start of the concert, this was no longer possible. So this recording is all one-take!

Carmen Gomes Inc. is a working band with lots of “road experience” they remained calm and in good spirits despite the mildly chaotic rehearsal situation. Maybe the failed dress rehearsal contributed to the extraordinary dedication and concentration they performed with at the actual concert. It was now or never.''

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15-1-2018 at 2:36 PM, PAP said:

Yes indeed. real music real musicians.

That is maybe the only positive thing about people getting everything for free on the internet. The musicians are forced to play more concerts in order to survive.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PAP said:

It is my impression that the venues for live music are reclining as well.

It depends on where you live.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PAP said:

Ok.

We have several here in Ann Arbor. We also have the largest free music festival in the world - Ann Arbor Summer Festival as well as a small one coming up - The Water hill Music Festival. If that isn't enough, we are close to Detroit which has the largest free jazz festival - The Detroit Jazz Fest. And there are many other venues and music festivals around the area.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2018 at 12:58 PM, botrytis said:

We have several here in Ann Arbor. We also have the largest free music festival in the world - Ann Arbor Summer Festival as well as a small one coming up - The Water hill Music Festival. If that isn't enough, we are close to Detroit which has the largest free jazz festival - The Detroit Jazz Fest. And there are many other venues and music festivals around the area.

Sounds good. How about jazz clubs with weekly jazz performances are they still around in your area?

47 minutes ago, PAP said:

Sounds good. How about jazz clubs with weekly jazz performances are they still around in your area?

Around the Detroit area, you betcha! 

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:27 PM, oso said:

Hi OSO this link is just to an image with no album details. Did you mean this Wolfgang Plagge: 22 VII — musikk til Erik Poppes film UTØYA 22. juli which is a recently released single track for £2.80 available in DXD etc. ?

🎸🎶🏔️🐺

• 2 weeks later...

Some progressive art rock in your choice of Stereo DSD or DXD

Colour Thinking by Human 2.0

image.thumb.jpeg.eabb544a770e4858c64341778968d4a5.jpeg

2 Years In The Making!

We’re excited to announce the release of Colour Thinking by progressive art rock group Human 2.0. Colour Thinking has been 2 years in the making and is the second DSD rock album release from TRPTK – following their earlier release of Paper Motion.

Colour Thinking (and Paper Motion) are both available today at the Native DSD Music store. They are DSD Exclusive, Not on SACD releases. Available in Stereo DSD 256, DSD 128, DSD 64 and DXD.

The band has also released a YouTube video of the song "Progress" from the new Colour Thinking album. Check it out with the link below.

Producer Luuk Meijssen tells us "Keeping the signal path extremely clean by not using any analog outboard equipment, but still retaining the thick rock sound everyone enjoys, proved to be a daunting task. Each and every step in the recording, mixing, and mastering process needs to be thought about at least twice, which is why it isn’t too crazy that this project has taken almost 2 years to finish.

By working solely with microphones by Sonodore and cabling by Furutech, we were able to make sure that the signal path from the microphone membrane all the way to the loudspeakers was entirely clean, leaving nothing but the natural sound of Human 2.0. This resulted in our second progressive rock album recorded in DXD. We hope you’ll enjoy this musical trip!"

https://trptk.nativedsd.com/albums/TTK0012-colour-thinking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7jiY_zxV4U
https://trptk.nativedsd.com/albums/TTK0006-paper-motion

https://www.facebook.com/NativeDsdMusic/posts/1786565254735208