• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, JoeWhip said:

It is a very fine recording to be sure. Plenty of room ambience and excellent tone. The cymbal sound is as good as it gets. Two points though. I don’t think that Carmen’s singing is up to the standards set in her other recordings. A bit pitchy on the last track. Her vocals are beautifully captured though. She is right there in the room with you. The bass solos sound superb as the bassist apparently brings the bass closer to the mic, as it would appear from the liner notes. When not soloing, they are a bit recessed for my taste. The other is the drums. The drummer is playing more softly than he would if the set was multimiced. With the one mic, playing louder would overwhelm anyone else. This release highlights the pros and cons of the single mic approach. All in all, I enjoyed this release and it is the best single mic recording I have ever heard. Well done.

I agree and the vocal seems not as good as her previous DXD but it is still better than some so called "audiophile voices" albums.  It may be due to the inherent disadvantage of a single microphone setup.

MetalNuts

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 1:56 AM, oso said:

ECM recordings are available as downloads and streaming at various places.

I have yet to hear an album which have not been well recorded from that company.

Music is maybe a bit ''difficult'' at times but SQ is always top.

Available in DXD format? 

MetalNuts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Doesn't the artwork already contain the orchestra and conductor information? 

Further, if the website allows copy and paste, am I at liberty to use the method most convenient to me.

I can't believe sharing my enjoyment will cause me more trouble than not sharing.  If it is the way, just delete my membership to the website.  

MetalNuts

39 minutes ago, austinpop said:

I think you're misunderstanding. Your original post did not contain a picture, just a broken link. It looks like this on my end:

image.png

Could you perhaps re-post? 

If I were to guess, you are perhaps referring to the Spirit of Turtle release of Beethoven Symphonies and Ouvertures by Jos van Immerseel and Anima Eterna Brugge?

The artwork appears just fine even without logging in.  I am sorry I would not and cannot tell you what to do with your PC or browser setting just like Todd did.  You can solve it on your own or just delete my posts if you don't like it.  

MetalNuts