IGNORED

AURALiC G2 series digital components (ARIES G2, VEGA G2 and etc) information

• 3 months later...
18 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

I have the original Vega and started reading this thread today hoping to learn something about the new one but Chris allowed allhifi to hijack/troll the topic several pages ago and turn reading it into a waste of time. I've been using a microRendu with the Vega until two days ago when I switched to the ultraRendu so a lack of the interfaces that allhifi has been ranting about in the new DAC doesn't concern me in the least. Hopefully allhifi hasn't chased everyone off and there's still a chance to get some information out of this thread before he takes it down in flames. 

+1. Here's hoping.

What are your impressions of the UR? A worthwhile upgrade or too soon to say?

6 hours ago, Booster MPS said:

I am in the same boat wanting to shift away from my Mac Mini.  My concern with the G1 path (my speculation) is that they will not offer a USB out so that I can use my own DAC (Benchmark DAC2).  I hope that is not the case.

I am considering the option of going with Small Green Computer as a server and then a network streamer from SOtM but that puts me in the Tidal/Roon streaming bucket.....will those services be around for the long haul?  That is my question.  Without Tidal/Roon that path is a dead end.

You can also use Quobuz with Roon, so streaming wise you have a degree of redundancy there.

I own the Aries Mini, now in my headphone station, and have owned the Aries Femto (sold to buy a new main system streaming solution) and agree that the Lighting DS control app is good. But it isn't as good as Roon. Either from a functionality or SQ perspective.

• 1 month later...