IGNORED

AURALiC G2 series digital components (ARIES G2, VEGA G2 and etc) information

Hi Xuanqian: AURALIC has certainly been VERY busy.... (4) new surprises. I know you will save most of the details for Munich High End 2017 in 22 days...   G2 Streamer, Processor, DAC and Super Clock.. 

QUESTION

How would explain the purpose for the G2 processor in this (4) piece chain.  Wouldn't the VEGA G2 already have a processor WITH only a possible need to UPGRADE for the Super Clock?

QUESTION

AND is that a High Definition OLED display on the VEGA G2 ?

QUESTION 

ON a different level. Why have you developed a system of (4) separates. How would you summarize the sonic advantages in Auralic digital audio vs some competitors all in one?

Thank you, SL

Xuanqian: To Clarify. So the G2 PROCESSOR Componet would replace the computer in the chain ie MAC Book Pro per say and connect external hard drives to that component? (how thunderbolt connection)  If correct, then what sonic advantage would that component have over a MacBook Pro... or will this will solve the DSD 256 512 1024 problem over USB... ?

SL

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, allhifi said:

JTW: I disagree. I  feel CA's analogy was appropriate  with some caveats I failed to introduce in my original reply.

Namely,(and correctly), within a limited budget but impressive design chops, a talented chap may be very well have the hand up/edge. But with both the financial means both in R&D and final selling price (that by the way is four-thousand-dollars, US$ G2 Aries Streamer), Polaroid mechanical's don't even enter into the equation, comparison on indeed the analogy itself. The resources are there to 'have-it-all' .

Yet, the best part may be that of what can (should) come; a Shoot-out  between the Polaroid wielding amateurs with the Raspberry Pi's, and the slick, pricey Auralic GE series Streamer ! (Now that would be educational, don't you think, CA?)

peter jasz   

Allfi what is your expert technical background?  Or do you only google search? ... otherwise you're opinion is quite insulting on the thread that Auralic's Xuanquin started..

you have said nothing valuable regarding AURALIC G2 equipment AND it's obvious you know absolutely nothing about it..

I can assure you that your jealously comes across through your constant banter.. 

On 7/19/2017 at 9:41 AM, allhifi said:

tallica: One other thing. There are a couple things that impress me.

One, is the sheer mechanical beauty of finely constructed (audio) equipment/hardware (some of Auralic's products certainly qualify. Have you seen the interior of the last generation Vega --very, very nice.)

The other, conversely, is when a paper-weight fabrication can give said mechanical messiah a real challenge. 

I'm just not sure what impresses me more. Yet.

pj

wait a second why would anybody have to try to impress you?

On 7/19/2017 at 9:55 AM, allhifi said:

Uh-huh. Do you not find it even remotely unusual that the beloved Mr. Wang is suspiciously absent from this post that he himself started ? 

Now would be a good time to use you insider connections to make that connection with Auralic's head honcho. It's only appropriate.

And then, perhaps this topic can mercifully (although it was fun) not exceed 5-pages of unnecessary (but essential) discussion.

I know you can do it. Bring in the fine Mr. Wang to set the record straight.

pj

Do you really thing Xuanqian has time to waste listening to your nonsense and badmouthing a brand and new technology you know absolutely nothing about...and most importantly will never purchase?

Ofcourse not. 

The record is straight. 

1 hour ago, Wang Xuanqian said:

Still monitoring this thread but select to ignore someone's reply. Please feel free to ask question about G2 and I will reply regularly.

Some update from AURALIC: 

1. Development and production preparation is on schedule, we still target to ship the first batch (mostly pre-orders and trade in) to our partners by the end of September.
  2. Hardware design and optimization completed, the only thing left right now is purely software side (Lightning Link protocol and the graphic interface in front of the machine).
  3. Thanks to the galvanic isolation, VEGA G2 exhibits an astonishing low noise level with its analog output. The unweighted output noise is only 20% of the original VEGA, which will probably set a new record for industry. 

Thank you Xuanqian for the update and GREAT your on schedule!  In the future can G2 VEGA or G2 ARIES will there be additional software updates and can this be performed by end user?