IGNORED

$7K Speakers: "Entry Level" (MartinLogan Ethos)

http://hifisenses.com/home-audio/martin-logan-ethos-review.html

Kriz Tan says: "This is a wonderful pair of entry-level speaker from Martin Logan and I recommend readers to audition prior to settling for the mediocre speakers. They are not cheap, but am sure it will give you the lifelike sensation you yearning for in your listening room."

Apparently I haven't entered the realm of audiophile equipment yet! (Mine cost about $300 or less) Anyone else unable to vault the entry barrier? :(

I wasn't all that impressed with the JBL 305's, when tried out this Spring with a family member, nor was the family member overwhelmed with them.  Speakers we're returned, not bad, but definitely not worth over $300 new, in my opinion.  I suggested to the family member that if they wanted these speakers, still,  search for them used/new for under $150 a pair.  Your getting what you pay for.  Of course everyone has different tastes. 

I paid $800 for my Maggie Minis used.  Great speakers, but I see their limitations in my system.  Looking at Omega speakers for an upgrade.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)