IGNORED

DIY DC power cables

51 minutes ago, tboooe said:

My deepest apologies.  Sorry to ruin your weekend.  I posted that from my phone so was not paying attention.  Offending post edited.  

Oh, please... it was just a word-to-the-wise, not a diss !  Save your indignation for when you really need it, and that is not now. Besides you were only a convenient example, as so many are "guilty" 9_9

Chill out, and thanks for fixing the post. Surprised you could still edit it.

3 hours ago, Middy said:

Arrgh God that wasn't nice especially with connectors that don't fit 6mm cable..  My soldering skills have gone down the pan and I need a better iron for home. Bad workman and tools ?

You can't do a nice job but an lesson in thinking it wouldn't be that hard.

Oyaide all the way....

I managed to get the wires in the hot pin by squashing the hot pin into an oval tinning the 2 wires together and filing....yes filing off the edges and jam then in.. 

Hats off too Michael and super dad /John......

The shrouds are plastic but still to small for 6mm after drilling them out....

No more well meaning advice from me..I need it myself...

?

I'll try the Screw ones next..

Been there...done that. Trust me. You will from now on love the screw terminal DC plugs! ?

I just got the new Oyaide DC connectors and yes it's tight!  I am going to see if I have any more luck than others.  The barrel fits really snugly around the Canare cable so that's a good thing I suppose.  I already have a bunch of the screw connectors as back up. 

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

On 26.4.2017 at 3:02 AM, MikeyFresh said:

Indeed they are, just did a Canare 4S6 test fit tonight and it looks like this project is a "go" for this weekend:

P4250959.jpg

The 4S6 is very flexible and has a soft supple outer jacket, this will make a nice DC cable that isn't so stiff that it fights how you want to dress it or puts strain on the input jack.

Anyone:

What is the distance in mm between solder point and cable crimp on Oyaide old version ?

The Frensh plugs is 12mm. Cable crimp diameter is natively 7.6mm.

Superdads pic old and new Oyaide plugs in below post..

Aand picture with soldering here:

The Chinese manufacturer will make a test sample with the new Oyaide plugs with the Canare 4S6 cable, as he think this is doable.  I'm not so sure he is right, so this is very nice of him to do.

Probably ready during weekend. Will post pictures then.

I'm trying to convince him to sell directly to end user. But I think I will have to make a poll or a spreadsheet in order to convince him there is enough buyers. (Of cause he does not like to waste money on the expensive Oyaide plugs).

I must say I like these plugs as well. They should even be able to do a shielded cable from Canare. And then the right way is to have open shield in one end. Actually the end where your consumer (Microrendu or ISO regen) sits.

I'm thinking about having him making Ethernet cables as well. Possible with the best plugs available and a Belden cable :)

Open shield in one end as well. That's why you put direction on cables.

21 minutes ago, Michael-Elijah Audio said:

Standard vs. modified Elac plugs - opening now 8.5mm - big enough for almost any cable...:)

Cut with hacksaw, then careful filing with flat bastard and finished with wet & dry paper

P1010991.thumb.JPG.86e349c2ad21172d063039e8a65ee95d.JPG.

Well done!  You should sell these!  Though I imagine modding them is probably more trouble than its worth

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

But still, this connector's length is still really small...?3/4" long.  Very hard to solder still the Canare cable I bet.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

33 minutes ago, Forehaven said:

But still, this connector's length is still really small...?3/4" long.  Very hard to solder still the Canare cable I bet.

Nope. Don't think so. See my other post, where you see lenght between solderpoint center tip and cable chrimp. 

Still no one has yet told me distance for old Oyaide....

1 minute ago, R1200CL said:

Still no one has yet told me distance for old Oyaide....

ask again: I have one here ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

between the end of *center* soldering point and "beginning" of cable crimp? 9mm

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

1 hour ago, Michael-Elijah Audio said:

Standard vs. modified Elac plugs - opening now 8.5mm - big enough for almost any cable...:)

May I ask what size of cable you intend to use ? (Or brand & model)

Cable chrimp diameter is 7,6 mm, so I would expect a challenge with a cable above that size or ?