IGNORED

Windows 10 Creators Update

Mercman

On 15.4.2017 at 1:15 PM, Mercman said:

Is the new Creators Update compatible with AO 2.20 beta 4?

Hello

AO 2.20 Beta 5 will cover the support for the creators update.

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Basically AO 2.20 Beta 4 can also be used with the Creators Update, but i do not recommend to run the stripping down feature of ServiceTool on Creators Update.

____________________________________________________________________________________

1 hour ago, AudioPhil said:

Basically AO 2.20 Beta 4 can also be used with the Creators Update, but i do not recommend to run the stripping down feature of ServiceTool on Creators Update.

I posted in another thread that completely disabling Cortana in Creators Update makes the Start Menu stop working.  Are you trying to find a solution or workaround for Beta 5?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Hi

The disablig Cortana feature works exactly as Microsoft recommends it on their technet site. If there is an issue after disabling Cortana with Microsofts official way of doig it, then it will be up to Microsoft to fix this.

Best,

AudioPhil

1 hour ago, AudioPhil said:

The disablig Cortana feature works exactly as Microsoft recommends it on their technet site. If there is an issue after disabling Cortana with Microsofts official way of doig it, then it will be up to Microsoft to fix this.

Good point.  The technique used in some Windows 10 privacy hacks certainly is more radical than anything Microsoft would approve.

So your intent is to enable the strip down feature of Service Tool on Creators Update in beta 5, is that correct?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2017 at 9:43 AM, rickca said:

Good point.  The technique used in some Windows 10 privacy hacks certainly is more radical than anything Microsoft would approve.

So your intent is to enable the strip down feature of Service Tool on Creators Update in beta 5, is that correct?

Is Windows10 Creators Update with AO 2.20 beta 5 expected to sound better than the earlier version of Windows 10 with AO 2.20 beta 4?

SB88200 cable modem,  EdgeRouterX SFP router,  2 series PFU Buffalo BS-GS2016 switches w/ SR7T LPS and Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFPs, Taiko NetCard, JCAT USBCard XE w/ JCAT Optimo 3 Duo LPS;  DIY Taiko Extreme w/ Taiko DC-ATX, and Nenon design Level 3 supply;  Denafrips GAIA DDC w/ Revelation Audio Prophecy Cryro Silver I2S connection to Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC;  modified Pass Labs XP22 preamp,  Pass X600.8 monoblocks,  restored and modified Sound Lab M-1 electrostats with hot rod backplates