IGNORED

SOTM tX-USBultra impressions

I dont believe in the 12volt txbultra or sms 200 ultra issue, for the only reason that SOtM demonstrated in Munich with 9 volts..they didn’t do that is the SQ was worse; They also advise 9 volts for the current power. The only reason to set up the 12v possibility is A. you wanted your sms /tx ultra burn in faster. Or B. Youve got already a 12v power supply. Then there is no need to buy an other one.

For sonic reason or reliability just stik to 9 volts..

Thanks For sharing the same opinion in this topic Confused; at the SOtM stand in Munich i was told that if SOtM sounded better in 12volt they didn,t think twice to change their powerserup to 12v. But the electronics is getting warmer en some say there for it sounded better. Nonsense of course, only the burn in time is shorter.. You did a smart thing there! Enjoy the music! Tom

• 4 weeks later...

Most of the combinations are sold without the clock connection. Its an opportunity to compere with the dac clock or with rthe external Sotm 3000 dollar one. But the SQ with the sms 200 standaard transfers to high end  SQ with a Tx-usb extra as i personally noticed. The SOtM 200 ultra makes a somewhat difference. The clock of the txusb ultra is the same as SOtM 200 ultra although said, it makes a serious improvement to use both of them.

• 3 months later...

Most of the time if its a mechanical failure; it isn,t covered by warrenty unless its very recently bough. I suggest you ask your dealer what to do next or write to May Park ( SOtM S-Korea) they are very reasonable..Perhaps you can upgrade you Tx usb with better cable at the same time..

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Edward, i,ve acted the same as Hans advised me too. But after that i,ve missed my Tx usb ultra. But you have to decited for yourself. . There no one truth in this. Perhaps start with a Sotm Sms200ultra and ask your dealer for a trial period at home.In both cases you play on a very high level wich increases with a special PSU SPS500 (you evently can feed them both with a Y cable).

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, JMAM said:

Received the Ediscreation Silent Switch Extreme. Streaming now has improved hugely. Together with the SOtM and Gaia, the streamer servers are sounding incredibly detailed and clear using Roon, Qobuz and Tidal. The switch has made a huge difference. Construction of the switch is great and looks perfect in my system. Highly recommended.

Goodmorning, Yes a good switch like SotM and Melco (combined with a good PSU )make a big difference. Can you give us an indication what price were talking about?

11 minutes ago, JMAM said:

The Ediscreation OCXO Silent Switch Extreme is around $1,550 USD. I checked other alternatives such as the SOtM and the Melco. Ediscreation’s has an excellent internal linear power supply, and the extreme version has silver wiring, Furutech AC inlet, better capacitors, Bybee, copper shielding, and in both editions, the extreme and non extreme, the OCXO is 25mhz which requires much less electronics than the usual 10mhz being used by others. My next acquisition is going to be the Ediscration Fiber Box Extreme. This converts the incoming ethernet to fiber optic and back to rj/e ethernet in order to shield the switch from any incoming noise and other similar interference. It has an excellent linear power supply, and OCXO, and the extreme edition has Bybee, Furutech, better wiring, better capacitors, copper shielding, etc.

Thank you JMAM, thanks for you’re reply;in theory it looks great. I’ve to compere them to find the right winners in this case.