IGNORED

USB Audio 2.0 Class Driver in latest Windows 10 RS2

On 4/20/2017 at 5:48 AM, Fairy said:

On 6/8/2017 at 7:03 PM, peter.imrich said:

Hi,

I was hoping to be able to go to windows 10 finally. However, the USB Audio output from Win 10 is inferior to Win 7 with M2tech drivers for Hiface two.

I play music on the PC via USB over to Hiface Two connected over BNC to Exposure 2010S2 DAC and 2x Exposure 3010S2 Mono Power Amplifiers driving speakers Monitor Audio Gold 300.

I compared Linux, Mac, Win 10 creators update, Win 10 with m2tech driver and Win 7 with m2tech driver.

All are noticably worse comparing to Win7 with m2tech drivers. I wonder why Win10 with m2tech drivers does not play as good as win7. It must be down to M2tech really spending most of their R&D on Windows 7 when building the product

Yes, the Hiface should perform better with the proprietary drivers for which it was designed. Not to mention the Hiface is now pretty old. I don't think it's a surprise it doesn't sound as good in W10.

Personally I think the Creator's update is a big leap in sound quality for usb dacs that use windows native drivers. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2017 at 4:49 AM, lmitche said:

Give AudiophileOptimizer on win 10 a try.  You are likely to be pleasantly surprised.

AudiophileOptimizer in CORE mode is out of this planet. I would not believe I would be willing to run 2 PC to play the music but I just could not live without CORE mode anymore :)

• 1 month later...

Guys, I have a question.

I have an older Border Patrol DAC that uses the C-media 6611 chip set with Windows 10. I can use the driver on the C-media website, but I'm wondering if I'm better off using another driver - or does it matter. I do use JPlay software as well.

Any thoughts?