IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

1. @tmtomh implies/tells me I shouldn't work for LH/L because I can't verify which division pays me. 

2. @EdmontonCanuck thanks me for working for LH/L and getting him his package

3. @Jud seems to agree with @tmtomh but then asks/tells me to work MORE (???) (finding posts, etc.) which would add to ($$) billable hours for me/LH/L (?) 

Ya'll gotta make up your minds here. 

38 minutes ago, Geoff1954 said:

@LHCommSquad how about responding to my question about TODAY’s email on the Source?

Providing that information in a blast update would be beating a dead horse, but I'm certainly not opposed to it. It's not up to me either way. If it comes out in an update, you'll know it was approved. If it doesn't come out in an update, you'll know it wasn't approved. Trust me, I'm more on your side than you realize. 

@tmtomh I can't verify which bank account my pay comes out of. I don't know. Does it matter? 

On a side note, there's literally about 30 backers who continually hammer us on the forums. It's a very small number of people. The majority of backers have either a) lost interest b) moved on c) just occasionally peek in to see what's happening. Those 30 backers are usually impossible to please and literally no matter what we do or say, we get bashed by them. This forum is in particular one of the major offenders. Head-Fi has them too, IGG has them, and SBAF has them. All in all, it's the same 30 names over and over again. Some cross pollinate forums, some don't. (yes, I've talked about this before in public and private, and it's been mentioned on Head-Fi/IGG as well) 

All in all, we left Head-Fi for a long period of time because the same 5 people would choke conversation, hijack the topic, and start in on personal insults and essentially just call us liars. The same happened with this forum. We were content to let the small number of CA posters talk among themselves and pat each other on the back over how bad LH/L and I suck. The only reason I popped back over here (due to the hostility, negativity, etc.) was because someone erroneously mentioned a product being sold in Asia. 

Yes, I'm fully aware, and I'm sure the office is fully aware, of how bad the situation with LHL and the campaigns are. We're fully aware of the bad customer service and orders not being filled. At this point, the funds and resources aren't there to improve things on a massive scale. I do what I can on the forums and private correspondence to help out and get people answers and merchandise and orders. I'm in contact with the office as much as possible and try to get things accomplished with them. I am just as frustrated or even moreso frustrated with the LHL situation than any of you; I'm sure most can't/won't believe that. I've had multiple conversations with LHL over the negative situation and the way we are perceived and where our shortcomings are. Backers who have had private conversations with me can verify that information as well. 

Some people are very pleased with the results of the customer service; others aren't. I get very nice letters and notes from people all the time supporting LHL and myself. The public letters are the angriest and nastiest, and those people cannot possibly understand why others are happy or supportive when they themselves are so displeased with the situation. The happy people tend to get bullied by the unhappy people, which is really sad to see. 

I don't think any answers I bring to the table or can bring to the table will satisfy the majority here. Literally everything I know, you guys know, and I'm sorry I don't know more and cannot provide answers that you would like to hear. No matter how we conduct business, short of full delivery or full refunds, we won't satisfy most publicly visible backers. If anyone has any legitimate questions over orders, updates, etc, I'll answer if I can or you guys can reach out to me by a variety of methods. 

5 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

The finances aren't there to do anything on a massive scale - and yet you claim that only 30 backers are really upset at this point. So why not offer those 30 at least a token recompense, instead of vilifying them as a way of trying to minimize the awfulness of what LH has done? Seems like a win-win.

Again, this has nothing to do with me; everything to do with management. You're asking the wrong person the wrong questions. 

We have discussed that type of program in-depth. At this point it's not an option due to funding and/or other issues. If that program ever happens, we'll let those individuals know that option exists to them. 

17 hours ago, Shadders said:

Hi,

I had to search what IGG was - i assume it is Indiegogo web - site for crowd funding.

I do not understand why people would back a project with no guarantee of receiving the product, and not knowing subjectively how the product would sound - absolute key aspect for subjectivists - then such a project seems extremely flawed.

I can see the LH Geek Pulse DAC project is closed but with a total of $3million. I examined the LH website and examined the Vi DAC.

Given the specification - the chipsets such a low jitter clock IC's, DAC IC, voltage regulators, SPDIF receivers, USB input module (highest cost), then the components will be at most £500 (seriously overestimated). The case - assume £1k.

Given the picture of the Geek Pulse, and the $3million raised, then i fail to see how a product could not be designed. In fact, if they already have existing products, then where has the $3million gone ?

For me - there are many existing products out there that were never crowd funded, so why spend money on something that does not exist, and you do not know how it will perform ?

Regards,

Shadders.

The carrot was that LH was selling a 30K dac. The IGG dac was 99.00 at first. With all upgrades over a period of time maybe 1200.00 for Pulse and power supply. 

The Vi was more but still way under 30K. All the products after we’re dreamware. 

I was very happy when my 900.00 Infinity arrived. Two years overdue, no longer a bargain, and failure prone. 

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer.