IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

3 hours ago, spyderman said:

Interesting development on Larry Ho's Facebook page. A angry business partner/customer is complaining about the promised return of $100,000.00

Is he complaining on the return of the funds? Or the lack of the return on his funds? There were retailer packs (mass quantities) of products available. A retailer pack of Vi dacs could be substantial.

I was a dumbass to participate in the two projects I funded. Received both. Both were crap products. Guess LHL was multiple products, Geek Outs and Pulse Infinity.

The arm powered coffee bean grinder held enough for a single serving coffee maker and was over 200.00. It was worth maybe 25.00.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

On 2/15/2019 at 7:00 PM, LHCommSquad said:

Post your questions you'd like to see answered in a Q&A session. Keep in mind: 

Any questions you submit may or may not be edited (or included) for brevity, clarity, and for civility.  

My most current question is, When will you choose, edit, and answer questions?

On 2/15/2019 at 8:00 PM, LHCommSquad said:

Post your questions you'd like to see answered in a Q&A session. Keep in mind: 

Any questions you submit may or may not be edited (or included) for brevity, clarity, and for civility.  

So Jarek, when is this "Q & A" session going to happen?  You ask people to submit questions, they submit questions and then, nothing......

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

On 3/13/2019 at 9:33 AM, Blake said:

I sincerely doubt Larry or Jarek have ever bothered to read the IGG terms of service.  Also, I don't think anyone reading this thread ever really expected anything to come of the Q&A proposal.  It was the equivalent of shuffling papers on your desk at work to give the impression you are making progress.

It's often referred to as "paying lip service".

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

47 minutes ago, Mike Rubin said:

Just had another look at the online  State AG complaint submission form at  https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company

The instructions require claimants to provide this information in support of a filed complaint:

Please include the following information in the text of your message if relevant:

A.  If you have a foreign (non-US) address.

B.  If you are shareholder, member, or limited partner.

C.  Name of the product or service involved.

D.  The dollar amount in dispute.

E.  The date of the transaction.

F.  Was the product or service advertised? If so, indicate where and on what date?

G.  Was a contract signed?

H.  Identify your attempts to resolve the issue(s) with the company, corporation, or organization.

I.  Have you contacted another agency for assistance? If so, what agency?

J.  Have you contacted an attorney? If so, what is the attorney's name, address, and phone number?

K.  Is court action pending?

L.  Have you lost a lawsuit in this matter?

M.  Briefly describe the resolution you are seeking

Mike,

Thanks, this is very helpful information.  I suppose we need to update the spreadsheet to incorporate the additional required info.  Markus, will this be problematic for you to include this additional detail?

To assist others/get consensus on the responses to the additional info, looking at each requirement above:

A.  Self-explanatory

B.  No.

C.  Self-explanatory

D.  Self-explanatory (visit your IGG account Contributions page for detail)

E.  Self-explanatory (visit your IGG account Contributions page for detail)

F.  Self-explanatory, but I assume the answer will be "No" for everyone

G. Contract created via the Indigogo website, Terms of Service

H. Self-explanatory and may differ from person to person, but I think generally we reference constant attempts via the IGG website "Comments" section, via online audio fora (this site and list any others), Facebook, and also for some of us, via the LH Labs forums (now closed).

I.  No

J. No, cost prohibitive given the amount of the claim (those living outside of California or the USA should also note using California's small claims court is not practical due to travel and costs associated therewith.

K. No

L. No

M. A refund

If anyone has other thoughts, please post in this thread.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

On 3/13/2019 at 11:33 AM, Blake said:

I sincerely doubt Larry or Jarek have ever bothered to read the IGG terms of service.

Of course I have. In fact, we posted an IGG update on Sep 9, 2017 • 11:36PM regarding the TOS. (see attached photo at the bottom of this post)

Larry is aware of the TOS, but when there's no updates to give, there's no updates to give. We could always update everyone by saying there's no update to give, but that would just annoy people as much as actually giving an update does to some people.

1. We give an update. It upsets people because they ONLY want a ship date.

2. We give an update. It upsets people because they assume it's all lies.

3. We give an update. It upsets people because it contains information they don't like.

4. We give an update. Sometimes it pleases some people.

OR

1. We give NO update. It upsets people because we aren't updating.

We post updates when available, almost or exactly immediately. It's not all the time and it's not every month. I am fully aware of that and Larry is too. (and yes, I know the real-life situation has not worked out according to what the attachment states) If IGG has a problem with LH Labs breaking TOS, they can always take it up with LH Labs and we'll adjust accordingly.

On that note, we have at least one member of this forum actively campaigning for IGG to shut down the LH L pages and campaigns; effectively making it impossible for us to send updates to anyone...so updates may indeed become a thing of the past if this individual gets his way. TOS won't apply at that point.

On that note, a Wave update is coming soon (hopefully by this weekend) and when I get more information over other campaigns, those will be posted as well.

LH Snip.JPG

8 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Got to be the world's dumbest PR person.  Man is clearly forgetting the First Rule of Holes. x-D

You misunderstand the situation. I'm not in a hole. That information I posted was already public. The information you're discussing is common, public knowledge, easily verified by a search through IGG. There are no "holes". But I suppose this is where the conversation has devolved to: name calling.

44 minutes ago, LHCommSquad said:

You misunderstand the situation. I'm not in a hole. That information I posted was already public. The information you're discussing is common, public knowledge, easily verified by a search through IGG. There are no "holes". But I suppose this is where the conversation has devolved to: name calling.

Glad to see you are engaging here @LHCommSquad.  I've asked variations of this question in all other Geek Wave forums, but you have never addressed it.  Here is yet another attempt:

What delivery delay time (6 years past IGG campaign date...12 years past IGG completion date) do you PERSONALLY think is beyond any reasonable (objective) expectation? This is important information for us Geek Wave backers to know when to cut bait and move forward with litigation or other actions.

Follow up: In your perspective, what is the distinction between you being a helpful conduit between Larry Ho and the backers, vs. being an enabler for a fraudulent operation? The longer you do not address this question, the more I'm assuming the latter.

It's time to get out of your "defend the institution that hired me" shell and be real.

23 minutes ago, PorkChop said:

Glad to see you are engaging here @LHCommSquad.  I've asked variations of this question in all other Geek Wave forums, but you have never addressed it.  Here is yet another attempt:

What delivery delay time (6 years past IGG campaign date...12 years past IGG completion date) do you PERSONALLY think is beyond any reasonable (objective) expectation? This is important information for us Geek Wave backers to know when to cut bait and move forward with litigation or other actions.

Follow up: In your perspective, what is the distinction between you being a helpful conduit between Larry Ho and the backers, vs. being an enabler for a fraudulent operation. If you continue to deliberately not address this, I'm assuming the latter.

1. What I think has or should have no bearing on what backers decide to do with their time/efforts/resources.

2. Whatever I think about "helping" vs "enabling" I am sure will have no bearing on what others who have a pre-existing disposition feel, so that's a pointless conversation to have. Whatever I decide to do or not do has little to no bearing on LH Lab's continuing operations as the current situation stands. I could disappear tomorrow and LH Labs would continue on doing what LH Labs is doing, except I'm unsure who would be giving you updates on the status of the campaigns or when, regardless of the content contained in those updates, or who would be interacting with customers or when or where those interactions would take place (if any continued to exist).

Some day that day may come, sooner or maybe later, and then we'll find out how that works out for all parties (still) involved.

1 hour ago, LHCommSquad said:

2. Whatever I think about "helping" vs "enabling" I am sure will have no bearing on what others who have a pre-existing disposition feel, so that's a pointless conversation to have.

What about those who have a disposition that's not pre-existing, but rather is based on the content the comments you've posted here in this thread?

Sep

14 hours ago, LHCommSquad said:

Jarek, where is your value at, to us? I see that you give updates (but has there been a positive update that turned out to be true? No.); you fail to give updates for months (and blame us for being "upset" either way); you give stock answers; you complain and call names; you remind us that you only say what you are told/allowed to say; you get argumentative, you fail to ever explain how positive updates ended up being false.

15 hours ago, LHCommSquad said:

Of course I have. In fact, we posted an IGG update on Sep 9, 2017 • 11:36PM regarding the TOS. (see attached photo at the bottom of this post)

Larry is aware of the TOS, but when there's no updates to give, there's no updates to give. We could always update everyone by saying there's no update to give, but that would just annoy people as much as actually giving an update does to some people.

1. We give an update. It upsets people because they ONLY want a ship date.

2. We give an update. It upsets people because they assume it's all lies.

3. We give an update. It upsets people because it contains information they don't like.

4. We give an update. Sometimes it pleases some people.

OR

1. We give NO update. It upsets people because we aren't updating.

We post updates when available, almost or exactly immediately. It's not all the time and it's not every month. I am fully aware of that and Larry is too. (and yes, I know the real-life situation has not worked out according to what the attachment states) If IGG has a problem with LH Labs breaking TOS, they can always take it up with LH Labs and we'll adjust accordingly.

On that note, we have at least one member of this forum actively campaigning for IGG to shut down the LH L pages and campaigns; effectively making it impossible for us to send updates to anyone...so updates may indeed become a thing of the past if this individual gets his way. TOS won't apply at that point.

On that note, a Wave update is coming soon (hopefully by this weekend) and when I get more information over other campaigns, those will be posted as well.

LH Snip.JPG

Of course he has. And because the policy is so weak it should be criminal, he's not too worried. We need to focus on what we can do, not what LHL knows or does or more regularly, does not do. Thank you for the efforts here!

I've done a bit of research into the process of lodging a complaint with the California AG and it appears to me we may all be required to lodge separate complaints. I can't see how to lodge a complaint on behalf of multiple complainants, but would be more than happy to be proven wrong.

I don't live in California, or even the US for that matter, so have no local knowledge whatsoever. Can anyone who may know better please comment?