IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

19 hours ago, Jud said:

As I mentioned upthread (and provided a link), after Gavin did all this supposedly unauthorized stuff that also supposedly lost the company money, Larry promoted him.

I've often thought that the whole supposed falling out between Larry and Gavin was just another part of the ruse. Gavin wasn't truly shown the door in my opinion, he was hired to do a certain job, that is raise millions in IGG funding, and when that job was done he walked with his predetermined cut.

The ruse bestowed on the backers was then furthered with a cover story that there was some deep falling out between the two, which fit the whole theme of disarray and gee we're sorry we've fallen behind, and wow Larry wasn't even aware of what marketing was doing, and so yeah we're going to now make Gavin the fall guy because lets face it, he isn't even here anymore to be questioned.

So remove the guy that made all of the public promises, send him on his way with a nice fat (predetermined?) payout severance, and then use that story to further the delaying tactics.

The only reason I'd want to doubt the above is this has for certain ruined Gavin's career in the industry, and so Larry would have had to pay him a relatively large sum to go quietly.

Anyone able to search pending or settled litigation between Mr. Fish and Larry Ho or LH Labs/Light Harmonic?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

38 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

I've often thought that the whole supposed falling out between Larry and Gavin was just another part of the ruse. Gavin wasn't truly shown the door in my opinion, he was hired to do a certain job, that is raise millions in IGG funding, and when that job was done he walked with his predetermined cut.

The ruse bestowed on the backers was then furthered with a cover story that there was some deep falling out between the two, which fit the whole theme of disarray and gee we're sorry we've fallen behind, and wow Larry wasn't even aware of what marketing was doing, and so yeah we're going to now make Gavin the fall guy because lets face it, he isn't even here anymore to be questioned.

So remove the guy that made all of the public promises, send him on his way with a nice fat (predetermined?) payout severance, and then use that story to further the delaying tactics.

The only reason I'd want to doubt the above is this has for certain ruined Gavin's career in the industry, and so Larry would have had to pay him a relatively large sum to go quietly.

Anyone able to search pending or settled litigation between Mr. Fish and Larry Ho or LH Labs/Light Harmonic?

Ruined his reputation ? Audioengine almost immediately hired him as head of marketing. They subsequently came to their senses and canned him.

I agree that Gavin is equally culpable in this and fueled the whole perk frenzy. I’ll give it to him, he fulfilled his mission. 

24 minutes ago, Beefalo said:

They subsequently came to their senses and canned him.

It didn't take long for that to happen, and I don't think they vetted him carefully enough from the get go.

I had also heard he was an old friend/business acquaintance of theirs, I don't necessarily crucify AE for being loyal.

27 minutes ago, Beefalo said:

Ruined his reputation ?

Yes, absolutely ruined in the HiFi industry, and perhaps beyond.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

The Vi Dac campaign on Indiegogo headlined "Join us and 20,000 passionate audiophiles to create game-changing ultra high performance audio gear". Wow, did they really take "contributions" from 20,000 people? No, they DID NOT. That is just one example of false advertising out of almost everything they have ever put in print. Proven, in this case, because 6million dollars divided by 20,000 = $300. Almost nobody, or maybe nobody, who fell for LHL's marketing genius lost that little money to LHL!

It seems that many LH Labs backers seem highly disappointed and believe it is pointless to do anything about this whole matter.

Allow me to disagree. Even if we do not ever see our products or get a refund, we can still see the light at the end of the tunnel. Yes, it is not that difficult to find justice. 

We should try hard to prevent others from buying from Larry Ho. Eventually, our claims will reach the Chinese market and no one in the world will ever trust Larry Ho again.

The spreadsheet Markus is putting together is a great start. It allows us to get organized and move forward.

Sooner or later, we will reach two major goals:

1) Larry Ho will be prosecuted.

2) Our claims will be translated to Chinese; the China based web sites will link to our forums; and Larry Ho's reputation will be damaged.

Once any of the above happens, Larry Ho will have no choice but to either take the fall or, finally, honor his commitments to us.
50 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

In my experience, the whole concept of consumer protection is mostly a western culture thing.  I don't think this will ever happen.

I assume any consumer in the world wants to:

1) Receive what they paid for.

2) Have a warranty.

3) Get parts and repair service for many years to come.

In China they shoot corrupt politicians and imprison billionaires who do not pay their taxes. Perhaps we should file charges against Larry Ho in China.

1 minute ago, bernardperu said:

I assume any consumer in the world wants to:

1) Receive what they paid for.

2) Have a warranty.

3) Get parts and repair service for many years to come.

In China they shoot corrupt politicians and imprison billionaires who do not pay their taxes. Perhaps we should file charges against Larry Ho in China.

All I'm saying is that if you want to get the attention of Chinese internet users, it might be prudent to understand how unique the concept of Consumer Protection is to western cultures.  It's my understanding that even warranties as we know them for the most part don't exist in Asia.

2 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

All I'm saying is that if you want to get the attention of Chinese internet users, it might be prudent to understand how unique the concept of Consumer Protection is to western cultures.  It's my understanding that even warranties as we know them for the most part don't exist in Asia.

Assumed lifetime warranty must be in effect. Could be that all Chinese electronics are of "Superior Build Quality," no warranty is needed.