IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

1 hour ago, Jud said:

I think all such speculation is unnecessary, unhelpful, and ultimately useless.  If the interview takes place, submit proposed questions if you wish to do so, and make of the actual questions and answers what you will. Criticizing a fellow forum member on the basis of speculation about current or even future conduct, no matter how often you disagree on various topics (and I often do disagree with Lee), seems to me to be an unpleasant way to waste time.  

And it distracts from what we're trying to accomplish, which is to make progress toward getting at least some money back.

You are right.  It took me nearly a week from the first suggestion to actually respond to it because I agree with you.  My post was a distraction but wasn't an off the cuff comment.  I debated since Jarek originally floated the idea but let it go expecting that nothing will come of it.  No sense creating a distraction in that case.

I decided to waste people's time with my post, because I thought it was a shorter waste of time then watching people build up hopes only to be dashed over time when it doesn't work out as they expect.

There are other potential outcomes that are also not likely to create desired results for the affected.  I won't waste any more time though and leave them to my private thoughts on the matter.

Good luck.

Wow, can't believe this is still going on. 

I'm not sure what info I still have about my order, but I'm unclear about the nickname stuff, do you mean like my screen name here?

My indiegogo account has been deleted a few years ago, and there was some update I did when LHL switched to a new system, but I think that was all years ago. I'm going to see what info I can find about my order. Are you mainly looking for a dollar amount here?

Ironically, I can log in to Amazon and see my order history all the way back to 2006.

7 minutes ago, jtk said:

My indiegogo account has been deleted a few years ago, and there was some update I did when LHL switched to a new system, but I think that was all years ago. I'm going to see what info I can find about my order.

Contact IGG, I am sure they can retrieve your contribution info.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

8 minutes ago, jtk said:

Wow, can't believe this is still going on. 

I'm not sure what info I still have about my order, but I'm unclear about the nickname stuff, do you mean like my screen name here?

Yes.

8 minutes ago, jtk said:

My indiegogo account has been deleted a few years ago, and there was some update I did when LHL switched to a new system, but I think that was all years ago. I'm going to see what info I can find about my order. Are you mainly looking for a dollar amount here?

Yes.  Maybe see if you can reestablish your account and/or whether IGG will give you access to your old order information if they still retain it?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

To my mind, more important than an interview would be a video or photo walk-around of the LH Lab offices.  To see staff, actual partially assembled products--and to assess the true state of the company operation. If the lights are barely on and nobody is home, then the odds of ever seeing products roll out are very slim.

I doubt that's happening (as I would guess you do) if they crop a photo of a little mx board in half because it would reveal confidential information.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

^^ I cut and pasted from purr1n's post on SBAF.

Is that a complete list of Larry's crowdfunding projects?  Did he have any campaigns on Kickstarter?

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

For the Wave, making your smartphone sound better was the first iteration, and a separate DAP was the second.

Update:  A member on the SBAF forum drove by the Light Harmonic offices in California and posted a pic.  Apparently the office is now occupied by a different company.   So it looks like Larry is gone.  Of course he might have moved to a different office space or a home office if Larry still lives in California. 

https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/lh-labs-never-received-your-crowd-funded-product.7452/page-2#post-245399

Jarek, is Larry still living in the USA?

26 minutes ago, Blake said:

Update:  A member on the SBAF forum drove by the Light Harmonic offices in California and posted a pic.  Apparently the office is now occupied by a different company.   So it looks like Larry is gone.  Of course he might have moved to a different office space. 

https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/lh-labs-never-received-your-crowd-funded-product.7452/page-2#post-245399

Of course. The SBAF community did absolutely NO researching into literally anything revolving around the current address (much like other things they choose not to research when it comes to LH Labs or Light Harmonic). Instead, they focused on name-calling and conspiracy theories.

They specifically chose and discussed the old address (Roseville), absolutely no one bothered to check or correct the address, even people on this forum who frequent that forum, and we had even DISCUSSED on this very thread the exact new address. You yourself even posted that exact address and I told everyone to go over there and check. The new address was ALSO posted on Facebook and ALSO directly on our website.

21 minutes ago, LHCommSquad said:

Of course. The SBAF community did absolutely NO researching into literally anything revolving around the current address (much like other things they choose not to research when it comes to LH Labs or Light Harmonic). Instead, they focused on name-calling and conspiracy theories.

They specifically chose and discussed the old address (Roseville), absolutely no one bothered to check or correct the address, even people on this forum who frequent that forum, and we had even DISCUSSED on this very thread the exact new address. You yourself even posted that exact address and I told everyone to go over there and check. The new address was ALSO posted on Facebook and ALSO directly on our website.

And the exact current address is?

OK, I was able to find a PDF invoice for my order. Unfortunately it has no prices on it, and it doesn't show the various perks. Are those available somewhere? I could probably pick out what I did from a list. Anyway the invoice shows:

Wave Player 64 (pretty sure I perked up from the 32)

Jitter-Free Wave Wifi

Jitter-Free Wave Bluetooth

I think there was some kind of DAC upgrade in there also. I'd estimate my investment at $400? That was a lot for me 5 years ago. Feel free to add this to your sheet. I'm not too inclined to pursue it further as my personal belief is that the money's gone and no hardware will be forthcoming. Although if I hear they are shipping I might change my mind.

1 hour ago, Blake said:

Update:  A member on the SBAF forum drove by the Light Harmonic offices in California and posted a pic.  Apparently the office is now occupied by a different company.   So it looks like Larry is gone.  Of course he might have moved to a different office space or a home office if Larry still lives in California. 

False alarm.  As noted by Jarek, the SBAF member went to the old offices.  

57 minutes ago, jtk said:

OK, I was able to find a PDF invoice for my order. Unfortunately it has no prices on it, and it doesn't show the various perks. Are those available somewhere? I could probably pick out what I did from a list. Anyway the invoice shows:

Wave Player 64 (pretty sure I perked up from the 32)

Jitter-Free Wave Wifi

Jitter-Free Wave Bluetooth

I think there was some kind of DAC upgrade in there also. I'd estimate my investment at $400? That was a lot for me 5 years ago. Feel free to add this to your sheet. I'm not too inclined to pursue it further as my personal belief is that the money's gone and no hardware will be forthcoming. Although if I hear they are shipping I might change my mind.

As both Blake and I mentioned, the amounts you contributed (not everyone contributed the same amounts for the same stuff, as the spreadsheet shows) may very well be available from IGG.  We want the credibility of the information in the sheet to be as high as possible, so we're not doing estimates.  If it isn't something you want to pursue, we can't do it for you - not saying this to be argumentative, it's just a fact.

I understand the doubts about the worth of a Larry Q&A video, but it may serve as a gauge of his credibility as we are still being assured his intentions are 'honourable'.

Also, whatever he has to say could serve useful in any future legal proceedings. Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

9 minutes ago, noshortcuts said:

Jarek to the rescue - blaming the victims again.

Not to mention, Jarek. You cherry pick what to complain about and when to feel sorry for yourself while continuing to ignore things that can be answered, like, Where is our money? ; What product(s) is being actively worked on and by who and in what stage of development and when will it deliver and to whom .... and so on. You know, the things that actually matter for LHL and for Us. The kind of information that would let us rest in peace with real knowledge (good or bad) instead of leaving us to "research" and gossip and years to worry and dream shit up in efforts to understand why LHL would take our money and still have little to show for it after all these years.

8 hours ago, Blake said:

^^ I cut and pasted from purr1n's post on SBAF.

Is that a complete list of Larry's crowdfunding projects?  Did he have any campaigns on Kickstarter?

If I'm not mistaken it started with the first GO campaign on Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gavn8r/geek-a-new-usb-awesomifier-for-headphones

Then there was another GO campaign on IGG:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-out-2-the-world-s-most-powerful-compact-amp-headphones/x/5244581#/

I really liked the soundbar campaign where good, old Manny was officially involved as team member (but Gavin pointed to those bars even in the Pulse Dac update mail [Dec 24th,2015] and it was heavily discussed at the LHL forum at the time being).

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/inspire-5-huge-tv-sound-power-bass-in-new-design/x/5244581#/updates/all

Yes... another failure campaign. Not sure though if Starke Sound still cooperates with Larry  (I was in touch with one of their guys here in Germany when they handled my ViDac RMA).

Guess the Tesla amplifiers never went on a crowdfunding platform, or? 

18 hours ago, Kyhl said:

I would be shocked if LeeS agreed to ask hard questions such as these.  It is a lose lose for him.

Which is why Jarek purposefully asked LeeS in the first place.  It also explains why Jarek received lots of "funny" feedback when he first floated the idea.  The whole thing would be a joke that doesn't help the consumers.

I only asked Lee because someone brought it up on this forum that a) he wrote the original article on LH and the article ended up being almost completely wrong and b) he was a member of CA/AS and c) he chimed in on this thread. I am barely aware of Lee, only being familiar with him on an extreme very surface level from his various writings, (mostly that LH Labs article). And I can assure you that Lee and Larry are almost certainly 99.99999% not having some sort of backdoor communication, especially since Lee hasn't responded to my offer and Larry was surprised by the name drop after not hearing it for years. Nor do I have any idea how he would handle that interview. 

However, if anyone has alternate suggestions for an interviewer who has in-depth knowledge of LH Labs/IGG/crowdfunding/LH Labs + IGG debacle, let me know.