IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

48 minutes ago, mansr said:

The taxman might find this interesting.

I find it interesting with regard to possible misrepresentation.  LHL or LH says it/he intends to provide everyone what they ordered, but failed to keep the records necessary to see what everyone ordered?

Edit: And what they paid?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

31 minutes ago, Jud said:

LHL or LH says it/he intends to provide everyone what they ordered, but failed to keep the records necessary to see what everyone ordered?

Just don't hold your breath waiting for them to comply with this intention. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Just now, Allan F said:

Just don't hold your breath waiting for them to comply with this intention. :)

Of course that's long past.  This speaks to whether they actually had the intention.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, LHCommSquad said:

LH Labs approves and endorses this sheet, as it can also help us with our records. I also feel it is a good idea that only Markus have access to it to avoid tampering by any parties, for or against LH Labs.

Wow......and here I thought Gavin Fish had huge cahoonas for stealing LH labs mail list and emailing me inviting me to some ‘not gonna happen pal’ venture. They approve and endorse. How nice of them.

My favorite part ‘for or against LH Labs’. I agree with Cecil - Classic!

3 minutes ago, Beefalo said:

Wow......and here I thought Gavin Fish had huge cahoonas for stealing LH labs mail list and emailing me inviting me to some ‘not gonna happen pal’ venture. They approve and endorse. How nice of them.

My favorite part ‘for or against LH Labs’. I agree with Cecil - Classic!

Looks like Indiegogo has a strange definition of success. 

According to The Street, I've landed The Big Consumer Tech Lebowski when it comes to raising money through crowdfunding. In 2013, as Light Harmonic's Vice President of Sales and Marketing, I led a team that raised $5M in contributions in just over a year to fund projects my tech start-up dubbed "Awesomifiers." Two of my campaigns are proudly stationed in the most successful campaigns of all time on Indiegogo. Not bad, but I'm just getting started.

https://about.me/gavn8r

73E73593-D6DB-43FB-B7FF-9CB14D2880D3.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Looks like Indiegogo has a strange definition of success. 

According to The Street, I've landed The Big Consumer Tech Lebowski when it comes to raising money through crowdfunding. In 2013, as Light Harmonic's Vice President of Sales and Marketing, I led a team that raised $5M in contributions in just over a year to fund projects my tech start-up dubbed "Awesomifiers." Two of my campaigns are proudly stationed in the most successful campaigns of all time on Indiegogo. Not bad, but I'm just getting started.

https://about.me/gavn8r

73E73593-D6DB-43FB-B7FF-9CB14D2880D3.png

For those of you may not know the backdrop, this email was sent after he left LH and Audioengine (I believe).
Gavin’s email (below) and my reply.

You got some big balls dude.

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 29, 2017, at 6:10 PM, Gavin Fish <[email protected]> wrote:

Hey there,

Where do I begin?
I'm reaching out to you today because in the past you supported one of my campaigns either on Indiegogo or Kickstarter, and I thought I'd send you this email and let you know what I'm up to now.

Before I go too much further, I know you may be one of many backers who are still waiting for the perks you were promised by LH Labs. For this, I'm very sorry. Unfortunately, I don't have a status update for you beyond what Jarek has posted. It's because of the terrible experiences many of you have had with crowdfunding that I've been very apprehensive about reaching out to you. I'm also apprehensive about taking on a client that can't prove to me that they can deliver on their promises quickly. It's taken me over a year of searching, but I found one that I'd like to tell you about.

1511991284.jpg

This is DOQ+Powerwallet.
DOQ+Powerwallet is a creation of the team at OnHand, based in Boston, MA. They've been in business since 2010 and distribute their products into more than 700 campus stores throughout the US. They're looking to expand their ecommerce business, and have developed DOQ+Powerwallet for this exact purpose.

So, what is DOQ+Powerwallet? Well, it's a sleek aluminum docking station with two built-in wireless chargers and a place for your Apple Watch charger plus a stylish, thin, and lightweight wallet made from the finest grade leather with a built-in 3000 mAh battery. Together, they make your life easier.

Check out the video to the right to learn more. If you'd like to get on the list for early access, go here and sign up.

Thank you.
Thanks for taking the time to read this email. While I'm sending it to you through an email-sending machine, I'll see and personally respond to each reply I get. So please click reply if you'd like to talk. I'm happy to answer any questions that you have about projects old or new.

Sincerely,

Gavin

PS - Because I know you're into audio gear, I also thought I'd let you know about Lendi. It's a mobile app that will be launching soon. It gives you access to a library of personal audio gear that you can borrow. Check it out!

Brings to mind the title of an old Broadway musical, "Promises, Promises".

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Also interesting from the Crunchbase profile of Gavin Fish:

"According to The Street, Gavin Fish has landed The Big Consumer Tech Lebowski when it comes to raising money through crowdfunding. In 2013, as Light Harmonic's Vice President of Sales and Marketing, he raised $1.5M in contributions to fund projects his tech start-up dubbed "Awesomifiers." One of his campaigns is proudly stationed in the top ten most successful campaigns of all time on Indiegogo."

Dunno which is correct, but the quote above says that he raised $1.5M in contributions whereas Fish claims he raised $5M.

21 minutes ago, Allan F said:

Also interesting from the Crunchbase profile of Gavin Fish:

"According to The Street, Gavin Fish has landed The Big Consumer Tech Lebowski when it comes to raising money through crowdfunding. In 2013, as Light Harmonic's Vice President of Sales and Marketing, he raised $1.5M in contributions to fund projects his tech start-up dubbed "Awesomifiers." One of his campaigns is proudly stationed in the top ten most successful campaigns of all time on Indiegogo."

Dunno which is correct, but the quote above says that he raised $1.5M in contributions whereas Fish claims he raised $5M.

A point in 2013, vs. all campaigns for LHL through 2013-2014, which totaled $4.8 million. (This info also available at Crunchbase - I linked to it earlier in the thread.) Gavin rounded the 4.8 to 5.

6 hours ago, LHCommSquad said:

LH Labs approves and endorses this sheet, as it can also help us with our records.

Then by that you also mean to say that LH Labs approves and endorses the title of the spreadsheet?

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3

How does this spreadsheet help us or a lawsuit? As far as LHL endorsing it, LOL! - LHL SHOULD already know who ordered what. And if they don’t know, do you think they would really honor what we write in an open spreadsheet? That would be IF LHL EVER starts delivering anything and then they would need to do more surveys and double check everything again anyway.

58 minutes ago, noshortcuts said:

And if they don’t know, do you think they would really honor what we write in an open spreadsheet? 

We're not in the business of calling our customers liars, so if someone has at least an indication they're telling the truth on what they ordered, we believe them and work with them to add whatever they say they ordered to their invoice. 

2 hours ago, noshortcuts said:

How does this spreadsheet help us or a lawsuit? As far as LHL endorsing it, LOL! - LHL SHOULD already know who ordered what. And if they don’t know, do you think they would really honor what we write in an open spreadsheet? That would be IF LHL EVER starts delivering anything and then they would need to do more surveys and double check everything again anyway.

At least I hope it will help us in a potential case vs Larry/LHL. Not sure if this will happen but at least we should compile as much data in the list as possible.

But I honestly thought more would add their info. So I guess we need to spread the word a bit more about this list.

Anybody here involved in the other LHL IGG campaigns for the amps/headamps etc? Maybe he/she can post something in their comments (although they might be deleted asap)?

1 hour ago, marflao said:

But I honestly thought more would add their info.

There could be others in a similar position to me. I can't access my data from where I am at the moment, but should be able to do so in a few days.

Can I just get some clarification as to how the spreadsheet is going to be used? For example, is it purely for the purpose of attempting to establish the extent of LH's liability or is it going to be provided to Jarek for his use?

I hope you're right regarding others don't have currently access to their data. We'll see.

Jarek will be able to see the same info you guys will see since the sheet is visible to everybody who has the URL. And that's it. He won't get access and the usernames.

As I mentioend earlier I don't intend to to do LHL's job compiling the exact order info with Paypal-/order numbers.

Seems that LHL failed once more to get those info...

10 hours ago, LHCommSquad said:

We're not in the business of calling our customers liars, so if someone has at least an indication they're telling the truth on what they ordered, we believe them and work with them to add whatever they say they ordered to their invoice. 

What about when the invoice is correct, it reflects exactly what the customer ordered, yet still nothing is ever actually delivered? Does that make LH Labs/LH a bunch of liars?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group