IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

26 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

piercing the corporate veil is often used (or attempted) against corporate polluters, and some hazardous waste statutes do so explicitly - that case law, and books on it, may provide some useful information

Larry no longer has a corporate veil to protect him.  His business entities are dissolved by law.  As such it is as if he never formed a business entity and he is operating his businesses in his individual capacity.  All of his personal assets are at risk and have been for a number of years.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

1 hour ago, Blake said:

Larry no longer has a corporate veil to protect him.  His business entities are dissolved by law.  As such it is as if he never formed a business entity and he is operating his businesses in his individual capacity.  All of his personal assets are at risk and have been for a number of years.

Hi Blake:

Can you point us anywhere that shows that the LH corporations have already been dissolved?  As I am sure you know, dissolution is a whole process (sometimes an expensive one), and requires filings regarding disposition/disposal of assets and liabilities.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Now what I think *would* be a good idea is a mass of complaints to the California Attorney General.  That office handles complaints about fraudulent or deceptive business practices.

With a 1000 at a time ?

I don't think this is going to work. With one central representative (and one case), yes ...

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

54 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

With a 1000 at a time ?

I don't think this is going to work. With one central representative (and one case), yes ...

Not 1000 different complaints, no.  1000 people all participating in bringing the same matter to the attention of the appropriate government body.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Strikes me that a good first step would be for someone (not me, unfortunately) to volunteer to be the keeper of publicly available spreadsheets, one per LHL product, where all of us would list the item(s) not delivered to us, and the exact amount we paid for each.  We could spread the word here, Head-Fi, ASR, and on any other audio sites willing to accommodate a request for people to simply provide the facts concerning LHL.  The spreadsheets should keep running totals of numbers of undelivered items and dollars paid.

Anyone wish to volunteer?

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I like the idea, Jud, but of course this would require the help of us backers.

And I presume the spreadsheet would only be a "top of the iceberg" since me might reach some here and there but I honestly I doubt that we´ll reach most of them.

Even LH was not even able to collect all the infos required for the BOM; they have not 100% valid data - at least that´s the information they spread - based on the IGG orders and were not able to contact all backers.

But why not..lets give it a try and collect as much as possible.

I would volunteer if we have four columns for the infos:

- username (this column should be hidden but of course known 😉

- Forum (where the user is known)

- expected Device (e.g. Wave XD)

- Total $ (paid for the device including all of its perks)

Cheers,

Markus

On 2/1/2019 at 2:33 PM, Jud said:

Not 1000 different complaints, no.  1000 people all participating in bringing the same matter to the attention of the appropriate government body.

Is anyone in a position to advise whether non-residents of the US would be able to join an action of this sort or would it be limited by law to US complainants only?

I gather from reading posts on this and other fora that there is a substantial number of 'foreign' backers.

alright...here we go.

Sheet has been created: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vE7_LByDDY6w8J-E-l4njfkvXcggTasrG90z11swJww/edit?usp=sharing

In case you want to be part of this sheet pls send me an email to defraudedbylhl at gmail dot com with the following  details:

- username (as mentioned.. it is hidden)

- "your" forum where you use the username

- from which continent you are

- which LHL device(s) you have backed and

- how much you paid for each backed device.

Cheers,

M.

Thanks so much, @marflao.  To be clear, let’s keep it to LHL devices that were never delivered, rather than anything that was delivered and didn’t work correctly, broke and wasn’t repaired, etc.

1 hour ago, marflao said:

Since the response so far is Zero, maybe it makes more sense if one of the more "known" guys from this forum take over the ownership of that sheet. Maybe that helps to get the data collected.

Hmmm...I responded to that email address...didn't you get anything?

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3

I’ll send along info as soon as I check the exact dollar amount.

1 hour ago, marflao said:

Since I can´t edit my post from above i would like to add something:

some guys contacted me already asking for request to the sheet. I would prefer that I will remain the only one to have the access to add/change something to the table.

Reason for this is that I don´t want to risk that the table will be hijacked by anybody (especially any LHL fanboy or any anti-LH Labs persons).

Hence I hope I don´t offend anybody.

Cheers,

M.  

LH Labs approves and endorses this sheet, as it can also help us with our records. I also feel it is a good idea that only Markus have access to it to avoid tampering by any parties, for or against LH Labs.

6 hours ago, marflao said:

Since the response so far is Zero, maybe it makes more sense if one of the more "known" guys from this forum take over the ownership of that sheet. Maybe that helps to get the data collected.

I intend responding, but can't for a few days as I don't have access to my records right now. Will there be a deadline?