IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

I've only just come across this forum but will do my best to add my information to the complaint being filed against LH Labs. I'm owed over $5K US worth of gear, including the Pulse DAC Infinity that started all the hype. The only items I've received from LH Labs are the now-useless LPS4 power supply, the Pulse Blue, a Pulse Geek Infinity and an assortment of cables.

I've been in failing health for the last 2.5 years so I've not followed up often on the whole LH Labs fiasco. Just thinking about the funds I gave them has me furious now, especially since I'm on disability and don't have the money to buy alternates to what I ordered.

Larry Ho should be ashamed of himself for taking advantage of the community as he has. It may not be entirely his fault, but as he's the primary at Light Harmonic and LH Labs, he's the one who's still wasting our hard-earned contributions on his own lifestyle.

FYI - I don't know if LH still makes a 3rd party audio system for Tesla owners, but I did warn Tesla owners (I'm not one) of the potential for LH to scam them as well.

I'll now go collect my info on my contributions and try to add it to the complaint.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, stuck limo said:

1. He was pissed because you called me a liar publicly, and I have the text message and screenshot to prove it. It had zero to do with you badmouthing him/the company/the products. 

2. You originally stated that I told you the Pulse would be shipping out that week. I have gone through every message I had with you that I can find (email, phone, etc.) and cannot find anywhere where I promised you that. If you have proof of me telling you that, show the receipts. 

3. After fighting for you behind the scenes and reaching out to you in good faith, even after you (falsely) called me a liar, you dragged this out in public, where it wasn't needed or necessary. I guess it was a move.  

Hope you're happy with the results. 

Both you and Larry have lied again and again, and not just to me. If you purport that your comments are only based on the info given to you by Larry, then you're the most gullible company shill ever. No one can trust anything you say and many of us have no idea why you continue to back someone who has literally stolen funds from many of us.

As for the discussion over shipping, I don't have it in writing but we did discuss via voice. I do have some of the conversation from our text messages in which you say you'll do your best to get me bumped to the 'front of the queue', which again was a failed statement or outright lie.

As for me posting this in public, I'm more than happy to share with the rest of the community that have also been cheated by Larry and now you. If you didn't want me to continue public shaming of your behavior, you shouldn't give me and others the impetus to do so.

2 minutes ago, stuck limo said:

FYI, this is a mistaken memory. We have never spoken via phone or voice chat or anything else. I am looking at my entire call history right now (dating back from 2017 to today) with every customer I've ever interacted with. You are not in that list. We have only ever interacted via email or text message. 

It may not be clear in your memory but it's fairly clear in mine. I don't have my voice call history from that far back, only kept actual textual conversations but we did speak via voice. It's not worth my effort to prove you and I talked, or I'd look through my old phone bills and call history. You'd still just be able to say that you don't remember that.

Regardless, if you're upset about me telling others that you're trying to 'buy off' my complaint with a purported $300 set of IEMs, then you deserve all the grief it's giving you. If you were a forthright individual who actually cared about others in our audiophile community, you wouldn't be backing Larry as you continue to do.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So I see that LH is now offering the same exchange program for the Wave - either Stella or Mera IEMs at a '30% discount' over the SRP on their website. As I'm still owed over $6K US in product, I'm considering taking them up on the offer this time. I passed on the Pulse DAC exchange offer as I just didn't need another set of IEMs at the time, nor could I use them without 1st getting a new DAC/Amp.

Since then my go-to Shure SE846 have begun to show some connection issues that are really the MMCX connectors and not the cabling itself. I see that the Stella and Mera also use MMCX so that bothers me a little. But more importantly, are they worth the $900 US?

Can anyone speak to how they compare to my SE846 IEMs (using the bass insert)? I've read a few reviews and while they seem to be acceptable, I'm just not that enthusiastic about using a LH product given all the trouble we've had with the company. But I guess getting something for my money is better than nothing.

I have been able to acquire a Fiio BTR5 that I'm fairly happy with when my Shure IEMS have a stable connection. So I have a unit with the dual ES9218 DACs that were supposed to come with the Pulse/Wave. At a whopping $150 CAD. Man, were we ever getting gouged for this stuff.

Anyone else considering this offer or any comments from those that took part in the Pulse exchange program?

On 10/31/2020 at 4:34 AM, jjraffin said:

I'm owed a Wave, Vi, and Source ... and I barely remember if anything else. So, does it matter to what specification the Wave was?

And a copy of the link, please.

The exchange program for Wave was posted to the Indiegogo updates section for the LH Wave campaign on Oct. 30th. I also received it via email. Essentially if you contributed more than $900 US you can get the Stella, or more than $210 for the Mera.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-wave-a-no-compromise-portable-music-player/x/5746753?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bck-10302020update&utm_term=#/updates/all

6 hours ago, breadman said:

If you follow the link to their (Light Harmonic) website and click the link to purchase on amazon, they are on sale for $495 which is a lot less than $1299. So it looks like they need to reduce them by 62% to try and sell them, so giving them away seems like a good option  

That's not LH themselves selling them on Amazon, unless it's a shell company for Larry. ATSQ Technology (based in Australia) is listed as run by Andy Quah. Likely suspect he's another contributor who got a pair on the previous offer and decided to list them for sale rather than keep them. Based on the reviews I've read, I'm not likely to find the Stella (and certainly not the Mera) worth it. If they want to offer me a pair of Oscars at a real discount, then maybe we'll see.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, TomScrut said:

I didn't know they got made.

Did they do any of the VI DACs? 

Not that I'm aware of.

3 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Where is this update?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-wave-a-no-compromise-portable-music-player?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bck-01022021update&utm_term=#/updates/all

but you should also receive it via email if you've allowed Indiegogo to do that.

Just now, TomScrut said:

Thanks, I don't sub to the Wave as I didn't back it but I thought I had checked it's page.

Is there any way of contacting LH now? It seems they haven't a website yet are doing updates to Indiegogo! Very odd.

To my knowledge, most attempts at contacting 'them' have been through the main Light Harmonic website. I suspect 'them' is really only Larry Ho these days, and I'm certain he's not courageous enough to reach out and contact/apologize to individuals. He's always used his former schill, @stuck limo.

http://lightharmonic.com/

14 hours ago, germay0653 said:

We're pretty much in the same boat.  For me, it was over $10K and I have nothing, a big fat goose egg, to show for it.  I trusted Larry's reputation based on the Da Vinci and got burned badly!  Suffice it to say, Crowdfunding will not be in my future.

The same for me re: crowdfunding. The whole LH fiasco has made it very difficult for me to support any further crowd-funding campaigns. I've only supported one on Kickstarter since, but it was a guaranteed item and was delivered as promised. There has been a few Indiegogo campaigns that I've been interested in, but as Indiegogo themselves won't take any responsibility or action against LH, I refuse to give them anymore business. And I now warn acquaintances whenever they mention they're thinking about contributing to a campaign. The closest I've come to crowd-funding since has been Drop (MassDrop), but everything I've ordered from them has come through as expected.

And for those interested, Fiio responded to my support request about the BTR5 that blew up when the battery overheated. Even though it happened 1 week past warranty, they're willing to repair it for a very affordable surcharge as long as I send the unit back to them in China. They asked that I remove the battery before shipping so I've had to disassemble it further, but they said no problem, they'll repair or replace it.

I also bit the bullet and ordered the Q5s TC. It might get here today, but tomorrow for sure. Looking forward to trying it out, especially as it has the much more powerful amplifier and can support some full-size cans as well as my IEMs.

• 7 months later...
18 hours ago, JM_inMidMo said:

Does anyone think that leveraging Tesla/Elon Musk would shake things loose? I would like to see Ho suffer, especially in how he has left all of us backers clearly in the rear view seemingly without a care in the world (and outside of Jarek, there would have been zero responses from the no longer existent LH Labs and Mr. Ho), but at the same time, one can't squeeze blood from a turnip. If any action results in a lost revenue stream for Ho or if he had to reorganize, how could he ever pay us back? I guess I am an idealist who still thinks "Right" will prevail in the end. Interesting that the Light Harmonic website is now essentially focused only on Tesla Speaker systems (and maybe IEMs). Not surprising that there is no means to contact other than a web-form and regular mail.

Frustrating if not profoundly disappointing and, sadly, not the first time I have been taken.

15 hours ago, Jud said:

At the level we're working at, law doesn't do suffering, it does money, which Larry is good at not having any of when people come to collect.

I would also be surprised if Tesla has any current involvement with Ho. He can say he does Tesla speaker systems, but so can anyone else with a website.

I have on numerous occasions gone into the various Tesla owner/fan forums to advise them NOT to spend any money on any 'upgraded' audio components offered by LH Labs/Light Harmonic. I told the story that most of us here know all too well.. we were scammed. I was banned from FB twice for bad-mouthing LH. And I sent a letter to Tesla advising them of the outstanding products owed to past customers, advising them to steer clear of any partnership deals that LH might approach them with. Never heard back from Tesla, but at least a few of their customers were disgusted with LH's behavior. Not enough to make a financial impact, but at least some people know the truth.

Jarek - please just go away and taunt somebody else. You have nothing to offer that will ever get any of us to respect you. Why you even post is beyond me...

• 3 months later...
21 hours ago, gkhowell said:

I am curious how this scam has affected folks' attitude toward crowdfunding in general. I will never sign on to anything more than a couple hundred bucks no matter how good it sounds. In fact my first crowdfunding purchase since the LH Labs fiasco was a firewall router from Firewalla last month and I only did that because they are an established company.

You would think it would be in Indiegogo's interest to maintain customer confidence. Maybe we need to make more noise about the scam so they pay attention.

For me, it has completely destroyed any enthusiasm towards crowd funding. I will likely never take part in a crowdfunding campaign again, and not just on Indiegogo. I did send Indiegogo numerous complaints but they don't care... once they get their take of the funds, they're in no way interested in what happens to contributors. Kickstarter has had a few campaigns that I was interested in, but I just couldn't take the chance that the result could be the same as with LH Labs. The product would have to be demonstrated as viable, and the pricing should be more than attractive, but it will still have to fight my overwhelming disgust at what the LH Labs fiasco resulted in.

Now if someone were to start a crowdfunding campaign to somehow bring mass attention to the scammers that Larry Ho and Gavin Fish are and even better, bring them to justice, then maybe I'd consider contributing.