IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

• The Computer Audiophile changed the title to LH Labs by Larry Ho. No delivery since 2014
  • 2 years later...

I remember that Scoggins article from way back.

There isn't really anything wrong with what Scoggins wrote, except: he didn't take into account that there are dishonest people who have no issue ripping off trusting consumers. His praise for the LH principals is thus quite ironic. Even manufacturer direct to consumer is more secure than crowdfunding. Part of what you pay for in more traditional channels is security, someone who backs up a product, and products that actually exist.

So far I've only been burned a couple of times with crowdfunding. Fortunately both were for very small amounts for pocket type gadgets. One turned out to be a pure scam with no intent to make the product at all. What most bothered me about it was that the site let the scammer continue the scam long after it was obvious the thing was a scam. Protests from the crowd to the site were ignored for a long time. The other was just a guy who couldn't manage to produce the product with the amount he collected.  Not a crook, just not competent. 

I wouldn't put a significant sum into a crowdfunded product. People seem to forget that crowdfunding isn't a purchase or an investment - it's a speculative gamble. You don't own anything until/unless the product is actully delivered. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)