IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

On 2/1/2019 at 2:33 PM, Jud said:

Not 1000 different complaints, no.  1000 people all participating in bringing the same matter to the attention of the appropriate government body.

Is anyone in a position to advise whether non-residents of the US would be able to join an action of this sort or would it be limited by law to US complainants only?

I gather from reading posts on this and other fora that there is a substantial number of 'foreign' backers.

6 hours ago, marflao said:

Since the response so far is Zero, maybe it makes more sense if one of the more "known" guys from this forum take over the ownership of that sheet. Maybe that helps to get the data collected.

I intend responding, but can't for a few days as I don't have access to my records right now. Will there be a deadline?

1 hour ago, marflao said:

But I honestly thought more would add their info.

There could be others in a similar position to me. I can't access my data from where I am at the moment, but should be able to do so in a few days.

Can I just get some clarification as to how the spreadsheet is going to be used? For example, is it purely for the purpose of attempting to establish the extent of LH's liability or is it going to be provided to Jarek for his use?

I understand the doubts about the worth of a Larry Q&A video, but it may serve as a gauge of his credibility as we are still being assured his intentions are 'honourable'.

Also, whatever he has to say could serve useful in any future legal proceedings. Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

• The Computer Audiophile changed the title to LH Labs by Larry Ho. No delivery since 2014
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've done a bit of research into the process of lodging a complaint with the California AG and it appears to me we may all be required to lodge separate complaints. I can't see how to lodge a complaint on behalf of multiple complainants, but would be more than happy to be proven wrong.

I don't live in California, or even the US for that matter, so have no local knowledge whatsoever. Can anyone who may know better please comment?

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, noshortcuts said:

Bill posted this on Indiegogo. I don't know how he found it or when it was recorded but it's sickeningly refreshing to hear Larry laugh at how "funny" his campaigns("business model") are. And while laughing he still tries to manage a bit of hope for a few people to get refunded while he "still want to focus on the Wave" and "finish out" campaigns. But with no money, no support, no plan, and no etc: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O15cnjBKEuS6znLHmu45yW3xr2wfjsBh/view.

It was from a post (#5198) by stuck limo on the Light Harmonic Geek Wave thread on Head-Fi.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2019 at 12:39 PM, bc2112 said:

Seems like whenever a project was failing a new one was created to help generate funds....that old spreadsheet of the history of LHL is quite a read.

"Funny" isn't it?

It's hard to fathom why, when it became obvious to them that they didn't have sufficient funding to complete the projects (and it appears to have become obvious quite early on), they didn't just apologise, explain the problem, then refund what funds were still remaining. And it appears this sort of thing can be facilitated through Indiegogo.

I imagine most backers would have been disappointed and felt let down, but that would have been nothing like the loss of goodwill and ongoing aggravation created by this marathon clusterf*#k.

6 hours ago, Blake said:

And what about the Vi DAC?  

Jarek, you stated on Head-Fi last week that a new version of the chassis was due from the factory this week. 

It therefore should be on hand by now. Can you please advise whether it is ok (ie fit for purpose), and if so, whether assembly and shipping of Vi Dac Tubes has commenced or will commence?

3 hours ago, Nzboot said:

i was told all the hardwear was at lhl to build a vidac tube....

Yes, I heard the same thing so I think it is quite reasonable to expect Vi Dac Tubes to be assembled and shipped without further delay, assuming the latest version of the chassis is ok to go into production. 

Jarek, will assembly still be done in the US or will it now be done in China? I assume it would be cheaper and quicker if done in China?

17 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

All, I have not forgotten that I promised to create a final draft of a complaint to the California AG's office that we can file jointly.  I made some revisions to the first draft after input from others, but, unfortunately, have been without access to my desktop computer for a few weeks due to remodeling of my home.  (I have access to my iPad, but can't edit a long Word document on that device.)  

I also have been awaiting input from several people who have offered it and for IGG to provide copies of the terms in effect while the campaigns were underway.  (I recall that the current IGG terms are not identical to those in effect when we funded the campaigns.)  I only am owed a Source, so I don't have emails, updates, and other correspondence relating to other products.  Please contact me via pm if you can forward copies of anything from LH about other products that states or suggests that production will start or that delivery of a product is imminent or that asks for additional money; I will provide an email address to which you can send these materials.

I apologize for the delay, but there is a lot of information to collate and a big story to tell.  

Absolutely no need to apologise, Mike.

I assume I am talking for most of us when I say I am greatly indebted to you and the others involved for putting in the time and effort to pursue this matter on our behalves.

I will dig out anything I have that may be relevant and pm you within the next couple of days.

Again, many thanks.

On 4/27/2019 at 1:32 PM, LHCommSquad said:

Hopefully the update will be next week. Larry is waiting on the photos from the factory. 

Jarek, surely Larry has seen, and would have something to report on, the latest version of the Vi Dac Tube chassis by now?

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

The latest revision of the proposed California Attorney General complaint is circulating among the drafters and sponsors.

Thanks to everyone for the patience. 

No Mike, wholehearted thanks must go to you guys.

I have some idea of how much time and effort goes into trying to get these things just right and I am indebted to you all for doing this for us.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, erniejade said:

I am just seeing this. I am also one of those folks waiting for a Vi Tube dac.     I was following a different thread on Hifi Head and had no idea this one existed.  

You may want to join our proposed complaint to the California Attorney General.  If so, contact @marflao (see his posts above) and he will add your details to a spreadsheet he has compiled which will be part of a submission to the AG.

• 2 months later...

Jarek,

Three or four weeks back there were a couple of updates showing the latest version of the Vi DAC Tube which, except for tubes, appeared to be fully assembled. 

Was that a fully working model and if so has production and shipping commenced? If not, can you please advise why there is further delay?

Also, I note that the model shown was branded "Light Harmonic". Will those that are shipped to backers be branded "Light Harmonic"? No drama, just curious.

3 hours ago, LHCommSquad said:

Yes, the model is a fully working unit which should theoretically be finished early next week. Tests will be done on these early models, and then the rest of the units will be produced and shipped. 

So does that mean this particular unit will have completed QA testing by early next week and will then be shipped to a backer provided it passes?

• 4 weeks later...