IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

After the fiasco of the last four years I doubt seriously they can sell products. Either a good reputation or no reputation is required to even sell direct. No dealer would touch them. 

It is telling that the direct sales were through Amazon. Guess no audio on line sites were interested.     

I wonder how that went. Did they ship product to buyers from there and not the crowd funded orders?

They helped me. I have a bad opinion of crowd funding now. If some company that sells 30,000.00 dacs was taking orders for a 99.00 dac I would pass. 

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

The bait here was good. The same designers who are selling a 30,000.00 dac offering one for 99.00. 

The endless upgrades to bring the low cost unit up in performance only fueled and explained a little of the wait. Also endless for some.

The 1,000.00 or so spent on an Infinity would buy a nice dac today. A Denafrips, a Chord, a Gustard, maybe two of the Clarett 4Pre currently in residence at home.

Time is on our side. We fell for the something for nothing scan. What many got was nothing for something. 

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

I was surprised to see that CEntrance is crowd funding. Does anyone have a link?

I am a believer in them. They were top notch ten years ago. Still own several KRK Ergo units that they designed and built. A poor mans Lygndorf. Uses Room Perfect for DRC. 

I have three Geekouts and an Infinity from LH Labs. Consider this more luck than a good decision.

I looked them up on Amazon. There were GO2 and a couple basic Pulse for sale. The Pulse was the price of a Gustard. 

There was a listing for Infinity dacs. Out of stock, price was 1800.00. The listing  said charges will not be processed until unit is ready for shipment. 

I would like to see if Amazon works like Indiegogo. Anyone know of anyone who ordered from Amazon?

Also with a 1800.00 current available  dac, anyone willing to trade their Chord for mine?

• 11 months later...

I have a working Pulse Infinity if anyone is interested. Think I paid a grand or so for it. Dual FE to clocks, dual ES 9018, balanced and SE.

low hours, by the time it arrived I had moved on.

17 hours ago, Shadders said:

Hi,

I had to search what IGG was - i assume it is Indiegogo web - site for crowd funding.

I do not understand why people would back a project with no guarantee of receiving the product, and not knowing subjectively how the product would sound - absolute key aspect for subjectivists - then such a project seems extremely flawed.

I can see the LH Geek Pulse DAC project is closed but with a total of $3million. I examined the LH website and examined the Vi DAC.

Given the specification - the chipsets such a low jitter clock IC's, DAC IC, voltage regulators, SPDIF receivers, USB input module (highest cost), then the components will be at most £500 (seriously overestimated). The case - assume £1k.

Given the picture of the Geek Pulse, and the $3million raised, then i fail to see how a product could not be designed. In fact, if they already have existing products, then where has the $3million gone ?

For me - there are many existing products out there that were never crowd funded, so why spend money on something that does not exist, and you do not know how it will perform ?

Regards,

Shadders.

The carrot was that LH was selling a 30K dac. The IGG dac was 99.00 at first. With all upgrades over a period of time maybe 1200.00 for Pulse and power supply. 

The Vi was more but still way under 30K. All the products after we’re dreamware. 

I was very happy when my 900.00 Infinity arrived. Two years overdue, no longer a bargain, and failure prone. 

On 1/14/2019 at 11:00 AM, KeenObserver said:

LHCommSquad

Just out of curiosity, are you related to Bob Stuart?

That is hard. Guys we were taken here. Some for a LOT of money.

I fell prey to the “good money after bad” as I kept upgrading from a 139.00 dac to right at 900.00. The upgrades were in small increments, 25.00 to 100.00 steps. Each time I wondered if a product would appear. 

How I received Geek Out’s and an Infinity was pure luck. Never participated in another crowd funding. Paying for products while they are on the drawing board is not how things work.

Glad I figured this out before cables, USB dongles, amplifiers, streamers, and other items were available. 

The non-working LPS4 was a dead giveaway. I can design and build good LPS. The non-working linear supplies people received made it apparent they were in over their heads.

The firmware fiasco was another. Most companies have firmware that is usable in multiple products. The Pulse firmware changed depending on model, time frame, and luck. Sometimes the boards were mixed up and even LHL was not sure which version a unit required. 

I looked up the Stella. A quoted reviewer commented they are the best hybrid headphones they have heard. 

The page does look slick.

3 hours ago, spyderman said:

Interesting development on Larry Ho's Facebook page. A angry business partner/customer is complaining about the promised return of $100,000.00

Is he complaining on the return of the funds? Or the lack of the return on his funds? There were retailer packs (mass quantities) of products available. A retailer pack of Vi dacs could be substantial.

I was a dumbass to participate in the two projects I funded. Received both. Both were crap products. Guess LHL was multiple products, Geek Outs and Pulse Infinity.

The arm powered coffee bean grinder held enough for a single serving coffee maker and was over 200.00. It was worth maybe 25.00.