IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

Reading this with mild interest/amusement as I’m owed a linear power supply from another “Labs” - the infamous Welborne. Fortunately only out $300 for an LPS. They strung me along to the point where I could no longer get a refund from my CC company - a well known tactic of scammers, and of course are now long out of business. It’s sounding like it’s best to avoid audio manufacturers with Labs in the name...

I’m just curious as to what kind of audiophile pixie dust LHL was offering in this oversaturated market and why so many would choose to throw obscene amounts of $ at something they’ve never seen or heard? And yes, non delivery of crowdfunding hurts everybody that uses that platform, no matter the industry. There’s something to be said for the traditional dealer network....

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

• 11 months later...
  • The Computer Audiophile changed the title to LH Labs by Larry Ho. No delivery since 2014
  • 8 months later...

Wow, what an absolute and utter fraud this company is. Mind boggling. Perhaps in the future you can get a certain orange faced one to hock your invisible wares. Con men all think alike - only about themselves first, second, and last.  

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, k-man said:

From their website:

I think they need some small print here, otherwise this is false advertising.

8F6542AC-91CE-4512-9E5E-67D8CECFE269.jpeg

About as much chance of Daft Punk playing in your living room as actually receiving a unit! 

I had to have a talk with my ten year old last night about why I wouldn't let him buy into this 'free' mystery box scam going on (don't ask, it's a YouTube thing). I guess maybe I'll have to relate the LH Labs story to him so as to show how adults can fall for this kind of too good to be true crap as well.  I have no skin in this, but find it fascinating and feel for those duped. 

• 1 year later...

Stuck Limo is the Sarah Sanders of the audio world, shoveling his way to being an example in Webster's definition of gaslighter. 

• 3 months later...