IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

• 9 months later...
27 minutes ago, rando said:

@Ralf11  You could always pursue that most ignominious of outlets tied to class action failures.   You could round up bilked investors to start a funding round for the purpose of producing a documentary based on the history of this company and it's leading figures.  :)

"A Tough Road to Ho"

The story of Larry Ho's LH Labs DAC's, Delays, & Despondency

A documentary narrated by a couple hundred well off individuals who assumed a high risk outlay

Your talent for snark is unmatched!

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There has to be some back channel communication between Scoggins and LHL, probably Larry himself.

Scoggins would start the "interview" with something like, "talk about all the new tech that LH/LHL has in the pipeline".  I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if the crowdfunding debacle would be broached like this, "does it make you sad that a few disgruntled customers trolls have hurt LHL's reputation?"

There's a reason Larry wants Scoggins to be the interviewer.  No one has offered as many keystrokes of praise to Gavin Fish and Larry Ho as Lee Scoggins.  If this actually pans out, it will be the clearest indication yet that Larry refuses to face his epic and dismal failures and continues to shirk responsibility.

It might be entertaining to some, but real people have lost real money.  And Scoggins should really think about the downsides of raising his profile on the backs of those people.  If his reputation as a shill is persistent now, imagine how pervasive it would be after an event like that!

1 minute ago, bernardperu said:

I assume any consumer in the world wants to:

1) Receive what they paid for.

2) Have a warranty.

3) Get parts and repair service for many years to come.

In China they shoot corrupt politicians and imprison billionaires who do not pay their taxes. Perhaps we should file charges against Larry Ho in China.

All I'm saying is that if you want to get the attention of Chinese internet users, it might be prudent to understand how unique the concept of Consumer Protection is to western cultures.  It's my understanding that even warranties as we know them for the most part don't exist in Asia.

• 4 months later...
57 minutes ago, Blake said:

Oh, what awesome news!  The new case even has Light Harmonic branding, because, well, LH Labs no longer exists.

But wait......

Light Harmonic, Inc. no longer exists, as all the shareholders voted to dissolve that entity in January of 2018. 

But don't worry Larry, we still have you squarely in our sights.

LH Dissolution.pdf 49.72 kB · 6 downloads

Ahem, this is notice of the dissolution of "Harmonic Light Inc".  No commas.  Unless I'm missing something, this is irrelevant to this thread.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, John Dyson said:

This problem makes me wonder -- was this an overreach by an overly enthusiastic person who didn't realize what they were getting into, or was this a scam from day 1?

I don't think it was a scam from day 1.  Many people have Geek Pulse DACs and some even like them.  🙂

I think things started going off the rails with the "perks".  From what I can see, there was a huge disconnect between the technical feasibility of changing DAC designs daily and actually transforming that chaos into DAC production in the factory.

Gavin Fish bailed and Larry was left holding the bag.  We know the rest.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

When the Pono player was all the rage in crowdfunding, I waited until they had enough of a production run to show up in traditional retail.  That device is now on my electronic scrap pile.  It's stuck in "balanced mode" and is useless for conventional earbuds or headphones.  The Pono was ahead of its time, and it showed.

I was itching to get a Pulse when Gavin Fish was really pumping it.

Then I read this (oddly, now scrubbed from the internet, but saved by the Way Back Machine), and I smelled something scammy.

At the end of the day, patience can save you a LOT of money when you're suffering from Gear Acquisition Syndrome. 

• 2 weeks later...