IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

I find it puzzling why they haven't completely sh--canned the Wave, and still annually pull out that "Completed soon" nonsense. I've speculated about this before, but I heard a story that the hole that LHLabs had dug for themselves threatened Indiegogo's existence, as if they hadn't delivered, the fallout would have been too big. My speculation is that they cannot cancel the Wave because Indiegogo has some kind of hold over them still. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • The Computer Audiophile changed the title to LH Labs by Larry Ho. No delivery since 2014
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/70374166

Translated summary: 

Outline:

For your convenience, here is an overview of the major deeds of this bad company:

------ 1. Geek Wave, a crowdfunding million-dollar player, has so far been silent

------ 2. The core product Da Vinci has a yield rate of nearly 0% and cannot be resolved after sale

------ 3. Routines were spotted in the US hifi circle, one shot for another place, the target turned to the Chinese market

------ 4. Earplug stella relies on plagiarism, exhibition design plagiarizes other company's creativity

------ 5. Arrears in arrears, deduction of employees' wages, old habits

Seems the Da Vinci was a complete dud with a 100% failure rate. If only everyone had known this years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 4:57 AM, bernardperu said:

So it is a big mystery to me why the owner(s) of Head-Fi are not allowing us to single out and expose Larry Ho. This is not a vendetta. This is a matter of rebuilding trust by seeking justice. 

They are. You can post as much as you like about what LHLabs/Larry/Gavin and everyone else has done.

I get it though. You aren't allowed to do something and you're not happy. Heck, I get it. I think the matter should be on the front page of every audio forum out there.

However, they do not allow discussion of legal cases, or anything that may become one, under any circumstances. I'm seriously confused by how the distinction between allowing people to post what they like about a company, and posting about legal cases is not abundantly clear. Please read the bolded text again, at least 5 times, with extra emphasis on the last 3 words. It is really that simple.

On 1/8/2020 at 4:09 PM, buonassi said:

They have a banned list of manufacturers, and we're not even allowed to discuss those products, let alone link to them.  Why they haven't placed LH on this list is baffling.

So you don't want people warning people about LHLabs on Head-Fi, and all the history of what went on erased from the forums? 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/18/2020 at 3:08 PM, Cecil said:

My message was meant to be a plea to Jarek and Larry, but by what has occurred I am now a little concerned that it appears Larry and Jarek may be being afforded some sort of protection, which if true, I find astounding given what has happened to many of those who read and contribute to this and other online forums. I truly hope this is not the case.

I can assure you, as having previously been an admin on the site, that they are most definitely not protecting anyone, and absolutely NOT Larry.  If you want to PM me the name of the person who edited your post, I'll ask them about it. 

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The person who holds the most blame is Gavin, IMO. He is the one who turned a $300 Geek Pulse into a $1200 product with more perks than anyone could sanely managed to build and distribute. My impression (going by things relayed to me that I can't share) is that he essentially shafted Larry.  He obviously knew that the Wave could never be made and bailed out, leaving Larry with an impossible mess, and presumably no money other than his own, and no-one willing to touch LHLabs with a 10 foot barge pole.

It seems Larry then found the odd company that had no idea what had gone on with LHLabs and managed to strike deals with them, until they found out the history and ran as fast as they could.

I once PM'ed a guy who was talking up LHLabs, back in about 2014 or 2015, telling that person about major red flags with the company, but not realising how buddy-buddy they were with the company. Next thing I know, at a CanJam I get veiled threats from Larry about what I'd said, while in the same conversation he's talking about how he had made $12m that year. 

IANAL but someone needs to focus on that payment LHLabs requested for shipping for the Wave, as surely it counts as wire fraud, given they never shipped anything.

• 3 months later...