IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

Oh I get it, you're from the government and you're here to help us.

The story gets weirder and weirder

http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/light-harmonics-source-pro

A review of vaporware, read the comments - truly sad.

BTW your post changed several times. I mean changed from denial to - oh those Sources sold to retailers years ago.... 

Now you guys are polluting my favorite website 🤬

10 minutes ago, Superdad said:

So you are Jarek, self-described as “LH Labs Social Media Guy” right?  Are you any relation/same person as “stucklimo” who others here reference?

In any case, how about coming clean about your (semi)professional association with LH Labs?  Are you paid by them? Are you in direct contact with Larry Ho?

Anyway, I thought think that if you are to be permitted to post on this forum you ought to be required to be more transparent about who you are and your relationship to the firm.  Otherwise you are just jerking people’s chains.

—Alex C.

I've always been very open about who I am. People know how to get in touch with me and hold multiple conversations with me by phone, text, email, etc. In fact, we even introduced me in an IGG Wave update (probably some others too):

"Hi everyone,

I'm Jarek and I'm the newest member of the Customer Service / Communication team. I have 10 years of Customer Service oriented background, and I'm eager to help out here.

I'm an LH Labs fan and I've got several of their Geek Out products. Larry asked for someone who was well versed in communication and so I volunteered my time and he excitedly accepted. I do live in the midwest and so I'll be helping out remotely in CST. I'm here to help you guys and grease the flow of communication." 

Yes, I do get paid. Yes, I am in direct contact with Larry. Yes, I'm in direct contact with backers. Yes, I'm "stuck limo" (or however it's spelled) and that is my non-LH account, for posting and reading the forums as an audio industry fan, partaker, and general all around audiophile. 

(A member of the trade who once considered using crowdfunding for a product until LH ruined it for all audio manufacturers.)

Radsone Ear Studio seems to be doing quite well on crowdfunding, as do others. 

4 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

No one owes you or LH any proof of anything, this isn't about trying to prove one thing or another, you aren't owed that respect. Try proving you've delivered any product in 4 years. Go ahead, lets see the proof, give me pictures, dates and times of shipment, satisfied testimonials for the IGG backers who have supposedly received these shipments. They don't exist. Again, no one owes you or LH any proof of anything, but LH will need to provide proof they haven't committed a massive fraud via IGG.

It seems we're in a stalemate then. There are no proofs of IGG Sources being sold, and there are no proofs of IGG Sources being delivered yet. Seems like both sides have claims that haven't been proven false or honest yet. 

When/if I get the proofs of the deliveries, I'll be happy to share them though. 

15 minutes ago, Lobbster said:

BTW your post changed several times. I mean changed from denial to - oh those Sources sold to retailers years ago.... 

I never changed my story. I clarified the story, and yes, sometimes I edit my posts to clarify or add information or rephrase things in a more accurate or easy to understand or clarifying manner. 

6 minutes ago, Superdad said:

By any chance are you the brother of Sarah Huckabee Sanders? You sound a lot like her. x-D

I understand from various sources/chatter (industry and customer based) that you have a particular beef with LH/LH Labs, not based on crowdfunding, but dating back to the Revive vs your competitor product. Otherwise, it's very odd that Uptone would continue to attack another non-associated company on the forums like I've seen you do. Did you in fact receive your Pulse or Geek Out? If so, I'm unsure why you continue to focus your efforts on badmouthing LH instead of focusing on your own business. 

Other than that, Alex, I really don't know anything about you, nor have I heard anything bad about your products in general. I've only heard good things about your company, so I have no personal beef with you and have no desire to get into an LH/Uptone "war". Nor do I wish to associate myself personally or professionally with any type of war of words with you. Thanks. 

28 minutes ago, Superdad said:

That is 100% false.

If you have proof of said “sources/chatter,” then I challenge you to publish or link to them.

1. Noted and good to know. I am sure you know how it feels when 100% false things are aimed at a company. 

2. Of course I can't/won't post confidential sources, and these were oral discussions I had, so there is no physical record of them. Be assured though, I asked around because I was perplexed as to why UpTone continually attacked us on CA, and the Revive/your product was the first (and only) thing mentioned by every single person. So there is evidently that perception floating strongly out there. 

3. If you're not trying to start a war, you're certainly doing all the things that set a war in motion. Again, we have no interest in a war or badmouthing you or your company, or defending ourselves from your company's attacks. And I personally have heard great things about your company, including the Revive competitor previously mentioned. 

I have a working Pulse Infinity if anyone is interested. Think I paid a grand or so for it. Dual FE to clocks, dual ES 9018, balanced and SE.

low hours, by the time it arrived I had moved on.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

@Geoff1954 any information I get I post immediately, should it be worthy of discussion. No matter how we handle updates, we get complaints. I've documented this over and over again. If it wasn't posted officially, it probably wasn't worthy of an official update. I don't consider 2 packages of Source Signatures being slow in the mail worthy of a blast-update. I was informed however, that the two units DID make it to the office after I posted that to this forum, so if I get any additional information on them, worthy of discussion, I'll post it somewhere. Not sure where though. Handling updates is a balancing act and I do my best to keep everyone informed, as anyone who has direct experience with me knows. 

On the mail being slow.... from my own experiences and my industry experiences and customer chatter and LH experiences, the mail sucks. Your experience may vary. 

@montpierjazz LH Labs tech support is essentially non-functioning at this point. Not enough manpower, not enough time. Tickets are being reviewed periodically by me but the office generally isn't working on technical matters for LH Labs products at this point. 

7 hours ago, Jud said:

In this case the 100% true things are plenty bad enough.

How're those Geek Waves coming along? Do you know anyone I can sell mine to, or better still, would you like to give me and anyone else who requests it our money back because I have no use or desire for the thing any more?

I'll acquaint you with what honorable people do. I participated in crowdfunding a security camera called Lighthouse, with AI facial recognition features. The product was delivered on time and worked extremely well. I was very happy with it. However the company was not able to make itself a going concern. Because part of the price I paid (though not the majority) was for lifetime updates, after I and others had already used the product happily for more than a year, the company offered all of us a refund of the full purchase price, not just the lifetime update portion.

That is what honorable people do.

1. I agree with you. If the 100% true things are plenty bad enough (which they are), let's not have the waters muddied any further with false claims. 

2. Depends on what type of Geek Wave you purchased and what your selling price is. 

3. There's not enough money in the till to offer refunds to people. Some companies may have that; from what I understand, we don't. That's why LH is funding LHL and projects are not being completed on time. Not everyone would get a full refund, it wouldn't be a fair process, people wouldn't understand or they'd complain about it, etc. As LH has stated multiple times on multiple avenues, this is a lost money venture. Anyway, I'm not the guy you should be talking to about a refund. I have no control over how that's handled. I just report information as I receive it. Once the Wave comes out (if it does), people are welcome to sell it or do whatever with it. Until that time, LHL will work to fuflill its backers' orders. 

Geoff, many people have many different opinions on updates or what is acceptable for updates or what content should be included in updates. There are many who would agree with you and many who do disagree with you. Again, it's a balancing act. I've noted your thoughts though. Again, no matter what we do, we cannot please everybody. This is why we have "hard" updates (official blast updates from IGG) and "soft" updates (listed on forums and in the IGG comments).

Of course you don't need our permission to sell any of your merchandise. Indeed, we would like to see our merchandise in the hands of people who appreciate and like it. If you feel this isn't you, we ask you pass it on to someone who can use it.

The only guarantee I can give on the Sources is that LHL is working to fulfill all orders and will continue to work to fulfill all orders until a) they can no longer financially do so or b) they fulfill all orders.

To answer your Source question, as I previously stated: at this point, Light Harmonic version Sources are no longer in stock in Asia. They will be in stock later. LHL IGG versions are not being sold unless a dealer purchased them from us through IGG and has some on hand. LH/L has stated this many many times. Light Harmonic versions are different than the LHL IGG versions. They have different components and different funding methods. They are not the same. We have stated this multiple times. However, there seems to be continuous confusion over this.