IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

6 hours ago, Superdad said:

we are talking about literally millions of dollars they have taken from people for products going undelivered for years!

Yes and how much was Indiegogo's cut? 

Indiegogo is just as culpable but stays hidden in the weeds.I admire those who resisted the HiBy R6 and will buy later from Amazon when it goes public.

I don't get why LH Labs continues to play this game. There's no way they can deliver these products without losing lots of money. There were way too many mistakes made. I did some background horse trading for 1 of my Waves and got a GOV2+ instead. I'm still on the hook for 1 Wave, 1 Station X (to myself: ever heard of a USB cable dumb ass!) and a S100 Amp. Don't expect to see any of them, except maybe the Wave. 

LH Labs should do the same as me, buy HiBy R6's and substitute, they'll lose much less money and put this CF behind them. Afterall, the brand is worth nothing after this. The only customers they have are the well healed that want $30k+ DACs. 

Yeh my self preservation instincts kicked in after i ordered the Geek pulse and the flood of options started on the Pulse ... i stopped upgrading from the Sfi pulse and linear psu (which i received both early!! and still working)

AND then i got tempted by their offer for the WAVE.. 

which audiophile does not need a portable music device?? 

So even before the Pulse even existed i said Why Not try once more with LH LABS

So i ordered the XD128 Wave.. i told myself No ADDS ON!!

THEN THE FLOOD of SOURCE, ViDAC, Mono AMPS and the other tempting goodies with multiple options and upgrade choices came flooding onto Indiegogo from LH LABS

I resisted the wave of enthusiasm sweeping of community to jump in and buy into the LH LABS MIRAGE..

but i Knew my money was in jeopardy even in 2014!! 

So i am a victim like all of us scamned by Gavin and Larry and LH LABS and i sympathize with all of us who TRUSTED THIS BUNCH with thousands of hard earned cash

What to do but write off our losses ,, and learn the lesson ::"if the deal looks too good to be true .. it is most likely a hoax or scam!!"

I have never purchased anything that is not in stock. My purchases of both equipment and music are either shipped right away with a tracking number or purchased in person. Reading this thread reinforces this. If something says "not in stock" or "special order" I pass and will continue to do so. 

I feel sorry for those who paid good money and had to wait years or never for what they paid for. Sad, really sad. :(

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

On 1/29/2018 at 9:09 PM, PorkChop said:

Has anybody received a Geek Source recently?  I am trying to determine in ANY of their campaigns are delivering anything.  I filed a report with California BBB, but the increasingly negative rating doesn't seem to bother Mr. Ho.

Yep..........................retailers. In Singapore.

Go to LHLabs Facebook page for the announcement that 'selected' retailers in Singapore are selling (or at least advertising) the Source. Backer $ is already spent, why satisfy them? Like any good Ponzi scheme, need fresh $ to keep the grift alive.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
1 minute ago, Geoff1954 said:

Does anyone have any more recent information about either the Source or LH Labs in general?

They're still pretending to care and making excuses about software delays for the Wave. There's still some who never got their Pulse. Source is for sale in Asia and I think a handful were delivered to backers. Otherwise it's a charade - consider it vaporware. And a hard lesson that crowd funding is no guarrantee for getting delivery.

At least ADEL found a reasonable subsitute for their IG backers.

1 hour ago, Lobbster said:

They're still pretending to care and making excuses about software delays for the Wave. There's still some who never got their Pulse. Source is for sale in Asia and I think a handful were delivered to backers. Otherwise it's a charade - consider it vaporware. And a hard lesson that crowd funding is no guarrantee for getting delivery.

At least ADEL found a reasonable subsitute for their IG backers.

You mean our money is vaporware. 

They really think we are sheep. I mean some people are 5 years out on the Pulse. I’ve written my ‘contribution’ off as a life lesson.

1 hour ago, Beefalo said:

I’ve written my ‘contribution’ off as a life lesson.

Life lesson #1: If it sounds too good to be true....

Why couldn't we just accept the sage advice we already knew and not have to learn the hard way ?

No doubt IG has some answering to do - this was a record fundraiser at the time. But even they seem to be avoiding their customers on this one. 

@stuck limo is over on Head-fi making excuses for Light Harmonics & the gutless Mr. Ho is using him as a dupe. If you want the most up to date lies, check out the Wave post there. Maybe someone will make an appearance here and try to convince us the goods will be delivered 6 years late and will be the world's best DAP (2014 standards of course).

Life lesson for sure.

5 hours ago, Lobbster said:

Source is for sale in Asia

Is there any evidence of that? Are you saying the product exists and is being retailed? If that were really true I would think there might be some way to embarrass IGG into doing something. I'm not naive enough to think IGG will ever help us get our money back. But if it is true that the Source is being sold while the initial backers remain SOL, the least IGG could do would be to post a public notice naming LH Labs as a disreputable dealer.

If this were all just a scam, I would think LH Labs would have disappeared with our money. Not that I expect to ever get the money back or receive the product.

Just now, Geoff1954 said:

Life lesson for sure.

Is there any evidence of that? Are you saying the product exists and is being retailed? If that were really true I would think there might be some way to embarrass IGG into doing something. I'm not naive enough to think IGG will ever help us get our money back. But if it is true that the Source is being sold while the initial backers remain SOL, the least IGG could do would be to post a public notice naming LH Labs as a disreputable dealer.

If this were all just a scam, I would think LH Labs would have disappeared with our money. Not that I expect to ever get the money back or receive the product.

Please use the Light Harmonics moniker. LH Labs is a non-entity (IGG scam only) and Light Harmonics still exists in a viable form for very very expensve DACs. Thankfully we don't read about their DACs here anymore. Let's make sure Light Harmonics gets the well deserved negative attention when Googled.

As per the Source, please go to Head-Fi and check out their forums for the Wave & Source. There are many posts regarding the Source being actively sold in Asia and @stuck limo would have us believe there's a legit reason for this. I'd post a link, but I get sick when I go there thanks to Light Harmonics. I can afford the loss, it's the ongoing lies that get me angry.

Light Harmonics and Larry Ho are corrupt. Incompetent too, but corrupt to the core.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/berkeley/profile/laboratory-research/lh-labs-corporation-1116-878014

1 hour ago, Geoff1954 said:

Is there any evidence of that? Are you saying the product exists and is being retailed?

No, there isn't. The LH Labs IGG versions are not being sold in stores. The retailers don't want that version and are actually upset about the IGG version. IGG products are generally looked down upon by high end retailers. If anyone finds any in stores, they are Light Harmonic versions which have different components. LH Labs/LH has been over this many times, due to the confusion and misinformation out there.

If anyone finds a Source for sale in Asia, please let us and the community know by taking a) a clear picture b) price of unit and c) location [store] of the unit. Please verify from the retail shop owner if it's a Light Harmonic version or an IGG version. If you can get a peek at the internals, please also let us know with a picture. Please also verify the date and time you found the unit.

If anyone has a theory or reasoning as to why the retailers would accept an IGG product that sold to IGG customers for less than THEY can sell to THEIR customers, and why THEIR customers would accept that type of situation as well, please post your reasoning. In fact, if you can get an interview with the shop owner over that, please let us (and the community) know as well. LH would be very interested in hearing that.

17 minutes ago, Lobbster said:

Well thanks for the informational update. I guess this means we'll be getting our Sources & Waves soon, or perhaps they're already in the mail?

No, not according to my information. They're working on the Signature IGG editions right now, but that's a very slow process. Everything at LH is very slow (you all know that). They're waiting for 2 units from Singapore to hit the US office but the mail is slow. There's about 5 they're actively working on right now to ship out from the first 10 Signature IGG editions. 

EDIT: there are no Light Harmonic editions in Asia for sale at this time. They're sold out.

EDIT 2: If you DID find the IGG version in retail, that was because the dealer purchased it through IGG. There was a dealer option years back for IGG orders. But that's quite a different matter. Once they get it, they can obviously sell it, but it wasn't due to what LH is being accused of.