IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

6 hours ago, Nzboot said:

The fraud in this that lh has done to me is that at one point they asked for money for shipping of my vi dac tube as it was almost ready for shipping.

this was a lie and I paid it.

does this not fit fraud as it was out of the indigogo campaign?

Is your info on the spreadsheet? That's the first step.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Mike Rubin, Your previous post confuses me a bit so I'm hoping a couple of questions will help clarify for myself (and for others it they're also unclear): How/why are you drafting a letter for four people when you seem to think it needs to be individually done? If it works to include four at once then could it work to include more?

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Nzboot said:

Thanks Clipper.

if that is the criteria then I think they have breached it at least once with (a)

And was there knowledge of falsitys as to take the money and to send nothing.

In order to prevail on a fraud claim, you'd have to allege and prove all five elements (a through e).  

If you come up short proving even one, you've got a problem...

6 minutes ago, gkhowell said:

Just sent the $ damage they did to me to be added to the spreadsheet.

I wonder if it would be worth contacting some of the audio press folks who they give glowing reviews from in their campaigns to see if they would publicize the fraud. People like John Atkinson, Stephen Stone, John Darko, etc. might want to know what their names are being associated with.

Good idea, Support!!

Anyone can help to contact those guys to disclose this issue to public or media.

We should speed up the actions to get back our money and put Larry to jail.

2 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

I will be filing on behalf of two and maybe three other individuals who will review what I plan to send and will specifically authorize me to submit on their behalf.  What I meant by my general comment was that we couldn't just take a spreadsheet with barebones information and claim we are acting on behalf of everyone who furnished data for the spreadsheet. 

If I were to have everyone who did post to the spreadsheet provide full names, addresses, and citizenship information[ give me written authorization to act for him or her; and allow me to use personally-identifiable information across national borders, I suppose I could agree to file on behalf of everyone.  Unfortunately, I don't have the resources to undertake the effort to obtain those consents from everyone who contributed to the spreadsheet and to have everyone review and sign off on my complaint document prior to its submission. 

What I can promise is that there will be an explicit request that the relief granted to the four named complainants be made available to anyone similarly damaged by LH. 

OK...I can start an attempt to contact all guys who particpated so far asking for the above bold info.

Then I would add the additional info in a copied spreadsheet which I would share with you only.

Does this make sense?

Cheers,

Markus

EDIT:

Just re-read your post, Mike, and I presume the last step, everybody has to review and sign off is the bottleneck.

Hmm...any option we can overcome this situation?
Maybe you share the complaint doc with me and I get back to all the guys? And will put you in cc?

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

A quote from this article:

"Under California Business & Professions Code §17208, “Any action to enforce any cause of action pursuant to this chapter shall be commenced within four years after the cause of action accrued.”  What this means is that the Plaintiff cannot sit on their hands and expect to assert an Unfair Business Practices claim if the Plaintiff has known about the violation for more than four years."

Does this mean that we're all likely too late?

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3

1 hour ago, EdmontonCanuck said:

A quote from this article:

"Under California Business & Professions Code §17208, “Any action to enforce any cause of action pursuant to this chapter shall be commenced within four years after the cause of action accrued.”  What this means is that the Plaintiff cannot sit on their hands and expect to assert an Unfair Business Practices claim if the Plaintiff has known about the violation for more than four years."

Does this mean that we're all likely too late?

It means that the subject is complex when, as here, we were given assurance progress was being made. Let's see what happens with the CA AG.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 4/1/2019 at 4:04 AM, Anselmus said:

Added all my outstanding products with a total value of $ 9.347,- (and that does not even include the soundbar) to the spreadsheet (thanks Markus). As a lawyer I am happy to read along and comment on any writ of claims. I also have a good record of all announcements and email communications by LHL since 2014.

Anselmus, we still are working on the draft of a consumer complaint to the California State AG.  It's not a writ or a pleading in a legal proceeding, although we are going to allege specific legal theories of recovery. 

As I only am owed a Source, I don't have emails or other communications regarding other products.  PM me if you wish to provide details regarding representations concerning and communications about other products.  We could easily work them into the draft and, indeed, will need them to document the claims.

Note that I am a retired California attorney on inactive State Bar status.  I therefore will be filing in pro per and explicitly not as counsel for anyone who joins me as a joint pro per filer who has authorized me to sign and submit for him or her.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

Do you guys think that Indiegogo are actually colluding with their projector owners? If not, how come they're censoring negative comments when someone was trying to warn their backers?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1178150862229253/permalink/2242281835816145/

https://old.reddit.com/r/shittykickstarters/comments/a9y5jz/weird_behavior_from_piqo_projector_regarding/

Here's the shitty projector that's less than 200 bucks a piece

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Mini-Cube-Shape-Portable-DLP-Smart_60818779177.html

They got the audacity to ask for at least $369

https://www.piqoprojector.com

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/piqo-world-s-most-powerful-1080p-pocket-projector

Basically there's no such thing as false advertising on Indiegogo, anyone could promise everything and deliver nothing (thanks Napoleon Bonaparte) but they're laughing all the way to the bank as long as they're getting their cut.

Even if something were delivered, there's nothing could be done whatsoever even if the final products weren't able to match what they're promising in the first place.

Wouldn't Indiegogo be comparable to Guantanamo Bay, a legal black hole at its finest?