IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

53 minutes ago, Jud said:

I personally think a complaint to the division of the California Attorney General’s office that handles consumer affairs would be the most appropriate procedure and stand the best chance of success.  So now imagine making the initial contact with the AG’s office, and instead of an individual with a phone complaint, you have documentation of hundreds of people not getting millions of dollars worth of stuff they paid for 4-5 years ago.

That’s a reason to have a spreadsheet.

That's what I also thought would be the reason having this spreadsheet. 

But I'm afraid it won't be much of use if there aren't enough participants.

I would guess the AG needs a kind of critical mass for this sheet; not sure if this would be amount of money or number of backers or both.

But currently we're far away from this critical mass which will give a big smile on Larry's face.

Hence let the info coming 😉

4 hours ago, marflao said:

But currently we're far away from this critical mass which will give a big smile on Larry's face.

That's not how that worked or works. Larry is fully aware of what the backers are attempting to do, he's fully aware of the activity in this thread, and the spreadsheet and the intent of the spreadsheet. He was fine with the existence of the sheet.

19 minutes ago, LHCommSquad said:

That's not how that worked or works. Larry is fully aware of what the backers are attempting to do, he's fully aware of the activity in this thread, and the spreadsheet and the intent of the spreadsheet. He was fine with the existence of the sheet.

Maybe I made my post not clear enough: the critical mass is for the AG. 

If we don't get more participants to join the spreadsheet the critical mass won't be accomplished which would give a grin to Larry's face. 

7 minutes ago, marflao said:

Maybe I made my post not clear enough: the critical mass is for the AG. 

If we don't get more participants to join the spreadsheet the critical mass won't be accomplished which would give a grin to Larry's face. 

Again, there was no grinning involved at any point, nor do I expect there will be, regardless of the outcome. That's why we literally offered to help you/the backers involved on the list. You can do whatever you want with the list; we don't care. We just offered to help with it from our end.

13 minutes ago, LHCommSquad said:

Again, there was no grinning involved at any point, nor do I expect there will be, regardless of the outcome. That's why we literally offered to help you/the backers involved on the list. You can do whatever you want with the list; we don't care. We just offered to help with it from our end.

This is the grinning Ho when Jarek asks him for a raise.

image.png.92dd938d39c6a56e4f6c7d970b4b3ccf.png

Guys, you don't get it.

5 hours ago, LHCommSquad said:

We just offered to help with it from our end.

Larry offers to give you the list of paid invoices which remained unfulfilled. Next you can return it with the address details for shipping.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

12 hours ago, Jud said:

you have documentation of hundreds of people not getting millions of dollars worth of stuff they paid for 4-5 years ago.

The math isn't exactly fitting. You need 1000s of people for that figure. Or cut a zero from that figure. :P

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

19 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Not sure I’d take such a list at face value 😳

Hi Chris, of course they have a list and an order system. However, due to multiple system shuffles before my time, many records were lost and the records are not exact. This is why we've asked people who have not received merchandise or who don't see their records or invoices in our system to check with us. (and before it gets mentioned, yes, the storefront is down for an undetermined amount of time, the backend still exists with order information, and any questions can be submitted via ticket or email or PM or whatever)

11 hours ago, PeterSt said:

The math isn't exactly fitting. You need 1000s of people for that figure. Or cut a zero from that figure. :P

Yes, I know.  (I thought about the math as well!  :) ). But here is how I viewed it: (1) It would be relatively easy to show that millions were collected from publicly available information. (2) I am hopeful we would eventually be able to get information for up to a couple of hundred people for the spreadsheet.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

9 hours ago, tmtomh said:

Wow.

@Jud, @marflao, and anyone else who's interested: An Attorney General is likely to be quite interested to learn that not only did the company apparently take orders for new campaigns without having fulfilled the old ones, and seemingly not account for the money transparently - but based on the bolded statement above, it also doesn't even have complete or reliable records showing who is still owed merchandise.

I fully believe @LHCommSquad that this is the result of incompetence rather than any malicious intent - but from where I sit (and I am not a legal professional, just a layperson), it seems like a level of negligence that would potentially open up LH to serious civil liability, and when combined with the other circumstances of the situation,  perhaps even criminal prosecution.

Appalling. Just appalling.

In fact LHL has said the same thing virtually from the end of the campaigns or soon after. There have been at least two prior requests to correct order information in LHL’s system for the Wave (the only campaign I’ve received updates for), IIRC.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

In addition to breach of contract.....

Here is a primer on the crime of embezzlement under California law:

https://aizmanlaw.com/white-collar-crime/embezzlement/

Larry, you might want to contact the Aizman Law firm, or perhaps another criminal defense attorney closer to your home.  Just make sure you don't use funds from undelivered products to pay your legal bills.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Speaking of delivery dates, anyone else get a message like this from LHL (this one dated May 10, 2016)?

Hello Jud,

First and foremost I wanted to thank you for all your support and patience. I know its been a long wait, but wanted to assure you that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I apologize, but per Indiegogo's Terms of Use  and ours, I am unable to issue a refund for your purchase. We collect funds for the development of a product to take to market. That is why you are getting this unit at our cost and not the anticipated retailed price. If we offered refunds development and production will indefinitely be pushed back with less and less dollars to use for the product.

Larry has been releasing updates regarding the Wave and IEM-X on the Geek Wave campaign page on IGG: 

Currently since the Wave is in the final stages of R&D, a shipping estimate will be released by Larry once the Wave reaches production. Production has estimated this will happen in Q4 2016. 

Again we appreciate your support and if you have any additional questions or concerns, or if I missed anything, please let me know.

Take care,
XXXXXXX

Customer Happiness Agent

8981b4dd-d551-49c2-ba37-20cf9370966f.jpg

10600 Industrial Ave, Suite 120
Roseville, CA  95748
Go to http://www.lhlabs.com and Join our Geek Force!

And then speaking of updates and further of delivery dates, I have them for the Geek Wave campaign going back to Kickstarter.  Here's a snippet from a November 2014 update:

When Are We Going to Start Shipping Geek Wave?

We're on track for March of 2015. In the coming days, we'll post a detailed status of our progress, which Jeff (the Geek Wave lead engineer, under Larry, of course) is confirming now.  We'll also have a prototype circuit board to show you soon, too!