IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

Don't need the Pulse, but do you have any sense for whether the LPS is any good at all?  😄

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Some times you can't believe how much effort goes into a scam. This is one example:

https://www.components-mart.com

This is an other:

https://www.components-center.com

LH02.thumb.png.b6f4636d709795be478c6a4b55455515.png

and so many more exist of this.

Moral: There is no moral.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

There are a dozen (or maybe more ?) of those "components" sites. They are all totally fake and thus a scam.

At least for the first ever existing site (now undoubtedly down) a LOT of effort must have gone into that. Maybe it takes 20 or so people to create it.

Don't ask me the value of what people order and pay there, which people receive totally nothing. Google it.

I could spend 100K's at creating such a site (which some copy-paste turns into a next when after a couple of weeks the complaints grow too large and people stop buying). En in end, because this goes on and on, I would have "earned" a million and a half.

XXHighEnd (developer)

On 1/26/2019 at 4:06 AM, PeterSt said:

Some times you can't believe how much effort goes into a scam. This is one example:

https://www.components-mart.com

This is an other:

https://www.components-center.com

LH02.thumb.png.b6f4636d709795be478c6a4b55455515.png

and so many more exist of this.

Moral: There is no moral.

The moral of LH and the people who work there is that they are immoral.. I’d bet those same standards from them are reflected in their home life. 

MAK

On 1/18/2019 at 3:32 PM, marflao said:

Thanks for the info. I have contacted him

Peter Duminy already replied to me that he hasn't been involved with them for at least two years. I firmly believe that LH and company are in the business of selling lies.They are following the same path in China as they did in California: manufacture something really expensive, so they can pretend they will actually deliver the cheaper stuff. Someone should warn the audio consumers in China. 

From speaker bios for a 2015 Taiwan conference for investors, startups, etc. ( https://mosa2015.sched.com/speaker/larry87😞

In 1994, Larry Ho (aged 23) published Taiwan's best seller "The Millennium Software Revolution," and subsequently founded Inforian Press, first as a book publisher. In 1995, Larry turned Inforian into a software startup and released one of the world's first desktop meta search engines -- IQ, which supported 7 languages and sold 8 million copies world wide. In 1997, Inforian released the first Chinese instant messenger -- CICQ, which quickly broken 1 million globally registered users. Riding on the success, Larry set up their Silicon Valley office and raised 25 million USD in venture capital, from prominent VCs such as Intel Capital. Inforian then launched coolbid.com -- Asia's first real time online bidding eCommerce web site. In 2001, Larry announced closure of Inforian due to the .com bubble. From then to 2011, Larry went from China to the Bay Area, running a series of ventures including for example a cloud-based game center and a 6-million-member online music streaming platform. These ventures weren't great successes. Never giving up, in 2011 Larry started Light Harmonic, and finally found his success. After very successful Kickstarter and Indiegogo campaigns, Light Harmonic is now close to break even and employs around 30 people in Bay Area.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Crunchbase provides more detail regarding LHL's crowdfunding efforts: https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/light-harmonic#section-overview

Four campaigns in 2013-2014 raised $4.8 million total, reasonably close to @Superdad's $5 million estimate. 

- The Geek Out campaign raised $303,000.

- The Pulse campaign raised $1.2 million.

- There were two additional campaigns, one raising $1.6 million for the Geek Wave, another raising $1.7 million for a product or products that aren't identified on Crunchbase.  This could be more money for the Wave, or it could be for something(s) else.

1 hour ago, bernardperu said:

Peter Duminy already replied to me that he hasn't been involved with them for at least two years.

Since he was announced as a member of the advisory board on July 21, 2015, if he said this to you within the past 2-3 weeks that would leave a maximum time for him on the board of 6 months, less if he told you this less recently.

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Since he was announced as a member of the advisory board on July 21, 2015, if he said this to you within the past 2-3 weeks that would leave a maximum time for him on the board of 6 months, less if he told you this less recently.

He said this to me 10 days ago. He said he would tweet about it.

10 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

As an observation, I noticed on Instagram last night that there were two posts from LH on their new IEMs.  Given the history, it seems fraudulent to launch new products.

I agree and MQA still releases new music.  😜

@The Computer Audiophile

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

2 hours ago, Jud said:

"If the firm doesn’t raise enough money, the campaign ends and the money is returned to the investors."

Jud, you don't understand the game, maybe.

XXHighEnd (developer)