IGNORED

New Forum Custom Activity Streams / Views

I've created multiple views; how do I eliminate some of them?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Like the rest of you, I an trying to find a view that simply shows me threads that I subscribe to (sorry, "follow" is the new lingo) which have new activity--without showing a list of every recent post made in that thread.

I created a custom Activity Stream with parameters that end up being summarized at the top (like that) with:

"Showing topics I have not read, I am following and posted in the last 4 days."

But that gives a long list with, for example, all the posts from this thread.

I think many are missing the simple old "New Activity" screen which listed thread topics that had most recent posts.

Can someone show me the exact parameters which will show followed topics with unread posts (but not multiple instances from the same topic)?  Please post screen shots of both the parameters and the result.

THANKS!

Try this one, folks: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/discover/33/

It comes closest to replicating the "Subscriptions" link on the old site. It shows you only topics you follow in reverse time order. If you like it, you can add it to your streams using the "Add to my streams" button.

You can toggle the "Read Status" pull down to "Content I haven't read" to only view topics with unread content. I actually made a separate stream for that. https://www.computeraudiophile.com/discover/34/

Both views are useful.

Another hint - from my discussion with Chris on the other thread. When viewing a topic with no unread content, you can still go to the last post (like the old site) but you can't just click on the topic title. Click on the "nn minutes" icon on the next column. It looks like this:

58d034497cfa7_ScreenShot2017-03-20at2_56_33PM.png.21dc5fa03913827336c514189f11599b.png 

17 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Try this one, folks: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/discover/33/

It comes closest to replicating the "Subscriptions" link on the old site. It shows you only topics you follow in reverse time order. If you like it, you can add it to your streams using the "Add to my streams" button.

Brilliant!   Exactly what I wanted.  Thanks!

I think Chris must have changed something, because I looked at your filter settings and I know I had tried those before.  But I always ended up with multiple posts from the same Topic appearing in my lists.

3 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Brilliant!   Exactly what I wanted.  Thanks!

I think Chris must have changed something, because I looked at your filter settings and I know I had tried those before.  But I always ended up with multiple posts from the same Topic appearing in my lists.

Glad to help.

Just doing my bit to accelerate the ISO-Regen release. :D