IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

2 minutes ago, Daccord said:

I missed the sorting control. I was looking for it at the top or even bottom, not between the initial question and the responses. I think defaulting to date is more logical though.

Sorting by votes would make sense if people used the feature as intended. The trouble is that the intended use is rather restricted in that replies to an "answer" appear as a new, separate answer. The Stack Exchange sites have the right idea, grouping comments under the relevant answer.

Is it actually known that picture can't be retrieved in full any more ?  a black screen pops up. Also when opened in a new tab or window.

image.png.1ce5daa80a9080f6179554c28b5d46a1.png

It shows a spacer.png of 1 pixel, as it seems.

This here is Opera (tried on two PC's) and on Chrome it's the same issue.

The example is from here: 

and I am not sure whether nothing works; I had an issue with a video the other day, but elsewhere, posted by the same person, it just worked in good order.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Chris, as of late I tend to paste pictures like I am pasting this one now:

image.png.1b3f225358897dcfad42a15345717ad5.png

If this one works, it's not it.

If it does not: ... it is pasted from the clipboard, so just within the text-posting area (above here). This could not be the intended way (but seems to work).

Edit: and it does now. So that's not it.

XXHighEnd (developer)

11 minutes ago, mansr said:

Ban him? I think that would be about 98.6% accurate at present, 99.3% by tomorrow afternoon.

Just because he believes in what you or I disagree to?  Or because he is more vocal and refused to be cowed into submission? 

Unlike others who I had differences with, I find Alex to be reasonable and least vindictive.  

8 minutes ago, mansr said:

Ban him? I think that would be about 98.6% accurate at present, 99.3% by tomorrow afternoon.

My, aren’t we the anxious one.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

59 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:
1 hour ago, mansr said:

Can we have a feature that prevents Alex/sandyk posting in threads or replying to people he's said he won't?

We actually can do something similar. 

As a moderator you should address this more neutrally. Just my opinion.

XXHighEnd (developer)

36 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

As a moderator you should address this more neutrally. Just my opinion.

Is there anything that isn't neutral about my statement that we have the technology to do something? That something can work for others as well.

We can block users from commenting in specific topics or even seeing them. Nothing non-neutral about that. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

15 minutes ago, STC said:

Maybe his expectation of educators showing exemplary standard of conduct is much higher than the rest. ;) 

I'm sure you wouldn't feel it was at all humorous or appropriate if someone from this forum contacted your employer. I'm guessing Alex regrets that.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.