IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

3 minutes ago, left channel said:

It's totally OK on a phone.

We clearly disagree about that. On my phone, the text is so large that it only fits a few words per line. It's insane.

Why can't users who want larger text use the browser feature to do this? Most browsers have an option to increase size but not one to reduce it, or I'd be using it on many sites.

I really find it disappointing when things change for the worse like this.

6 minutes ago, left channel said:

Firefox for Android here.

Didn't they abandon that?

3 minutes ago, mansr said:

We clearly disagree about that. On my phone, the text is so large that it only fits a few words per line. It's insane.

Just tried it on my iPhone6.  Yeah, it's a bit large, but what I find more disturbing is the way the new font kerns on the phone.  The letter spacing seems practically mono-spaced--though I know it is not.

7 minutes ago, mansr said:

Why can't users who want larger text use the browser feature to do this? Most browsers have an option to increase size but not one to reduce it, or I'd be using it on many sites.

I really find it disappointing when things change for the worse like this.

Didn't they abandon that?

1 minute ago, Superdad said:

Just tried it on my iPhone6.  Yeah, it's a bit large, but what I find more disturbing is the way the new font kerns on the phone.  The letter spacing seems practically mono-spaced--though I know it is not.

Seriously, you guys think this is too large?

IMG_0460.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I could get used to the size.  What would be really nice--and I silently wished for this even before this week's changes--is for the spacing between paragraphs to be lessened.  

I like it when folks start a new paragraph in a long post (those people who write endless blocks of text without starting a new paragraph drive me nuts!), but I think the massive space we now see will be discouraging of that.

So much wasted white space. You would think it was free. 

x-D

19 minutes ago, Superdad said:

I see the mono-spacing look on my iPhone XS as well.

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

OK, here is some objective data :~)

13px, 14px, 15px, and 16px.

13px.png14px.png15px.png16px.png

Going from left - too small; acceptable; nice; perhaps a bit large.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

35 minutes ago, mansr said:

Vivaldi has a convenient page zoom that dials in or out, and more detailed settings specifically for font size. It's quite respectful of user privacy. Built on Chromium, in case that's a no-go for you.

Edit: As boomers age, the Web is going to go to bigger fonts as a commercial accommodation, so I think it's something we're going to start seeing a lot of. This site specifically I'm sure skews toward an older demographic than the Web-at-large.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.