IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

2 minutes ago, left channel said:

That fixed it! Thank you.

(The other problem I reported persists however: when I clicked on the Notification of your "Try now" post, I was taken to the bottom of the page and had to scroll up to the post.)

Now to work on the other issue.

Which number arrow are you clicking in the screenshot below?

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 3.47.46 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

13 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Now to work on the other issue.

Which number arrow are you clicking in the screenshot below?

Thanks. I've noticed that if the post I'm trying to get to is at or near the top of the page, then I'll often be taken so high on the page I don't see the post. But usually I'll be taken to the bottom of the page, well below all posts.

I don't recall how to get to the list in your screen shot above, believe it or not. I see this problem by clicking on an item in the notification menu (under the bell icon), or via an item in the "Unread Content" list, or an item in an Activity stream including subsets like "Content I follow".

Win 10, Firefox Quantum 69.0.1

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Ah. Good idea! 

let me take a look when I get back to my hotel. Spent the day at Google. Learned a bit about making the site better and like your idea. 

Thanks for considering the idea. Previously, you also thought another idea on notification based on keywords was good. Hoping to see that one too. 

8 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Spent the day at Google. Learned a bit about making the site better and like your idea. 

Google? That's great. Might we be seeing some fixes to Search capability on the forum? Sorry, but I have a miserable time finding anything with the current search system, and it is not for lack of trying.  I'll give you a prime example:

I would like to be able to complete a search that returns all the posts that I (or some other member) made in a given thread/topic.  Can not be done AFAIK.  This happens to me all the time.  I'll want to retrieve some informative post that John or I made in one of the very long topics.  I can hit the "Search by Author" option on the Content search page, but even if I remember a keyword that must have been used in the post I am looking for, that will bring up results from every thread that that member used that word in. (and yes, I know I can narrow it to a given sub-forum).

There are probably lots of other examples where the site's Search function fails to deliver any results.  I can not remember at the moment, but I am sure others can.  My main point is that search here really could use some attention.

Thanks much,

ALEX

22 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Google? That's great. Might we be seeing some fixes to Search capability on the forum? Sorry, but I have a miserable time finding anything with the current search system, and it is not for lack of trying.  I'll give you a prime example:

I would like to be able to complete a search that returns all the posts that I (or some other member) made in a given thread/topic.  Can not be done AFAIK.  This happens to me all the time.  I'll want to retrieve some informative post that John or I made in one of the very long topics.  I can hit the "Search by Author" option on the Content search page, but even if I remember a keyword that must have been used in the post I am looking for, that will bring up results from every thread that that member used that word in. (and yes, I know I can narrow it to a given sub-forum).

There are probably lots of other examples where the site's Search function fails to deliver any results.  I can not remember at the moment, but I am sure others can.  My main point is that search here really could use some attention.

Thanks much,

ALEX

Like this?

https://audiophilestyle.com/search/?&q=test&type=forums_topic&item=31209&author=Superdad&search_and_or=and&sortby=relevancy

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, STC said:

@The Computer Audiophile, Chris is it possible to have some sort of coloring code or header in the moderated thread so that members know beforehand regarding the thread status. Thanx. 

OK, I'm continuing to look into this, but for now an easy one was to highlight sponsored posts (which are also moderated by the forum sponsor) with a small red highlight. You can see below, I used a green arrow to point to it. 

I know this isn't exactly what you want and what I envision, but it was a really easy toggle switch in the software. Getting it to work how we want is going to take additional work. for example, if topic is moderated by someone other than me, then highlight with a different color, will be a little more difficult. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 7.19.24 PM.png

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Yes, like that!  Can you explain how you did that?  I know that I can click the button that says Search In This Topic, but not at the same time as teaching by a member. I was just able to reproduce you result as a two-step process.  First searching This Topic, then refining with Author.  That does work and I will remember that.

Thanks,

ALEX

20 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

OK, I'm continuing to look into this, but for now an easy one was to highlight sponsored posts (which are also moderated by the forum sponsor) with a small red highlight. You can see below, I used a green arrow to point to it. 

I know this isn't exactly what you want and what I envision, but it was a really easy toggle switch in the software. Getting it to work how we want is going to take additional work. for example, if topic is moderated by someone other than me, then highlight with a different color, will be a little more difficult. 

I think you can impose a condition that all threads that are moderated by OP to indicated in the title. For an example: MODERATED : How good is Classe Amp?  

3 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Yes, like that!  Can you explain how you did that?  I know that I can click the button that says Search In This Topic, but not at the same time as teaching by a member. I was just able to reproduce you result as a two-step process.  First searching This Topic, then refining with Author.  That does work and I will remember that.

Thanks,

ALEX

Hi Alex - The only way I know how to do it is the two step process you figured out. There just ins't a way to go to the advanced search and select a topic.

1 minute ago, STC said:

I think you can impose a condition that all threads that are moderated by OP to indicated in the title. For an example: MODERATED : How good is Classe Amp?  

That can be done. Given that all OP moderation requests are sent to me, I can adjust the title of the thread accordingly at that time. 

6 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The red colour is a bit piercing. Is it possible to tone it down a little? #b81414 looks better to me.