IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

14 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Hi,

I noticed this about 3 weeks ago - if i have ublock ad blocker turned on, i see the ad at the top and those at the side. If i turn it off, i am prompted to turn it off, and still see the ads at the top and side. I turn it back on, no prompt to turn it off, and still see the ads.

So, not sure where the logic problem resides.

Regards,

Shadders.

It isn’t a problem with the logic. It’s how we serve ads that Ublock doesn’t handle well without manually telling it what to block. 

Please consider subscribing to the site for a completely ad free experience and supporting us to keep the lights on. 

https://audiophilestyle.com/subscriptions/

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It isn’t a problem with the logic. It’s how we serve ads that Ublock doesn’t handle well without manually telling it what to block. 

Please consider subscribing to the site for a completely ad free experience and supporting us to keep the lights on. 

https://audiophilestyle.com/subscriptions/

Hi,

I am not bothered about the ads - i like the ads - seeing other equipment and brands.

Regards,

Shadders.

I notice that the server "sees" uBlock even for subscribers. No, I don't mind the message I get. I don't know if it has some effect on the reports you get, though, that some percentage of the uBlock users represents subscribers.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

31 minutes ago, Jud said:

I notice that the server "sees" uBlock even for subscribers. No, I don't mind the message I get. I don't know if it has some effect on the reports you get, though, that some percentage of the uBlock users represents subscribers.

Yeah, it sees ublock and most other blockers. Subscribers could turn off ublock and get the same experience but without the anti-ad-block message on the site. No ads are served to them anyway. 

I’m contemplating disabling all tracking (Google Analytics) for subscribers as well. 

Edit - If you use the Premium theme you shouldn’t see the anti-ad-block message at all. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I believe I stripped the anti-ad-block code out of the Premium theme available to subscribers only. 

I wasn't even aware of a Premium theme until now, despite apparently using it. Come to think of it though, I don't recall seeing that popup lately, so I guess it's working.

7 minutes ago, mansr said:

I wasn't even aware of a Premium theme until now, despite apparently using it. Come to think of it though, I don't recall seeing that popup lately, so I guess it's working.

It’s fairly new. I stripped all the ad code from it and enabled Ajax navigation because page views don’t matter when ads aren’t being served. 

I should strip the google analytics code as well. Give the complete early 90s web experience 😁

5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I believe I stripped the anti-ad-block code out of the Premium theme available to subscribers only. 

5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It’s fairly new. I stripped all the ad code from it and enabled Ajax navigation because page views don’t matter when ads aren’t being served. 

I don't recall when the last time was I saw the cute little kitty. (I think that was yours, or maybe it was another page?) I'll note if it turns up again and see if it's with the Premium theme (most likely not).

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 4 weeks later...

This happens to more pictures when using the (Android) Phone :

Click on the (first) picture in that post. 

The picture takes over the Browser instance and the A/S page is nowhere to be found. Tabbing back is grayed out. 

All what remains is start a new Browser instance and pick A/S from the start. 

If it matters, this is with Opera. 

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

With copy link address, post #90:

Looks good at posting itself. 

Just the link :

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/43611-tls-the-one-server/?do=findComment&comment=971744

... And by now the embedded post is distroyed during this posting. 

Anyway the link to the original issue with the picture is there now (right above here). 

XXHighEnd (developer)

Never mind the picture issue! 

Some practicing learns that the picture can open in a new tab without really seeing that happening. So rigorously killing the picture kills the whole browser instance. But A/S would still be there all right. 

The embedding issue remains. 😄

XXHighEnd (developer)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have 2-step verification on my account when accessing by mobile.  Currently on Safari on iPhone I can't log in - Face ID comes up, fills in my username and password, then the entry doesn't "take" and I'm back out at the login screen.  Another browser (Cake) presents me with a manual login (no Face ID), then I'm taken to the screen to fill in the verification code, which works.

Thoughts? Possibly something on my end (I'm running a beta iOS version, so it's not impossible Face ID is misbehaving in some way)?

19 minutes ago, Jud said:

I have 2-step verification on my account when accessing by mobile.  Currently on Safari on iPhone I can't log in - Face ID comes up, fills in my username and password, then the entry doesn't "take" and I'm back out at the login screen.  Another browser (Cake) presents me with a manual login (no Face ID), then I'm taken to the screen to fill in the verification code, which works.

Thoughts? Possibly something on my end (I'm running a beta iOS version, so it's not impossible Face ID is misbehaving in some way)?

Hmmm. I’ll reset the 2FA. 

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hmmm. I’ll reset the 2FA. 

What happens when you test Safari (edit: on iPhone)?  Since it could be something on my end, I'd hate to see you bother if that's the case.

Thanks - works!

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to make a small change to my profile's Audio System section, but it refuses to save. The CAPTCHA presents a checkmark, but then I am taken back to the editor and do not see the change I just made.

Also, while I'm here: for quite some time now, when I click on a post listed in an Activity stream, I am taken to the bottom of the page and must scroll up looking for that post and/or the blue line that indicates the start of new posts. Win 10, Firefox Quantum 69.0.1.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

1 hour ago, left channel said:

I'm trying to make a small change to my profile's Audio System section, but it refuses to save. The CAPTCHA presents a checkmark, but then I am taken back to the editor and do not see the change I just made.

Also, while I'm here: for quite some time now, when I click on a post listed in an Activity stream, I am taken to the bottom of the page and must scroll up looking for that post and/or the blue line that indicates the start of new posts. Win 10, Firefox Quantum 69.0.1.

Can you take a screenshot of the page with the captcha?