IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

10 hours ago, austinpop said:

All good now on iOS.

Ahhh, better.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

@The Computer Audiophile Is it possible to have a feature that allows notification based on users’ defined keywords?  For an example, i want read all new posts that mentioned the word “room treatment”. Whenever a new post under whatever thread mentions the word “ room treatment”, the subscribing readers will get the notification. 

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, matthias said:

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. it's fixed now. 

The Content-Security-Policy on the new server was preventing embeds from SoundCloud. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, Daccord said:

I would prefer not to receive the "Your Audiophile Style digest" email. At the bottom of the email I see

Prefer to stop receiving these emails? Adjust your digest preferences.

Clicking the link takes me to the "Manage Followed Content" page, but it's not clear where I can turn off the digest email.

I took care of it for you. 

If anyone wants to know, it's just a matter of selecting Topics on the left side, then switching the notification type. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 10.02.41 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 3/1/2019 at 8:09 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Still unreadable?

Although others are reporting that email formatting issues on mobile (iOS in my case) have been resolved, I continue to encounter unreadably small text in some emails. Pretty sure I can narrow it down to only the emails that contain an embedded image. Emails with no image format perfectly. Perhaps I'm missing something in settings on my end?

Here are a couple of screenshots from my iPhone XS.

fullsizeoutput_4016.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_401f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4015.jpeg

Roon Nucleus REV B -> DH Labs Mirage USB Cable -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty DAC -> SPL Elector Preamp -> Bryston 2.5 Cubed amp -> Magnepan 1.7i speakers + REL T9x

jonathan

18 minutes ago, spin33 said:

Although others are reporting that email formatting issues on mobile (iOS in my case) have been resolved, I continue to encounter unreadably small text in some emails. Pretty sure I can narrow it down to only the emails that contain an embedded image. Emails with no image format perfectly. Perhaps I'm missing something in settings on my end?

Here are a couple of screenshots from my iPhone XS.

fullsizeoutput_4016.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_401f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4015.jpeg

It's not just you. I'm seeing it too, and it is correlated with embedded images as you describe.

4 minutes ago, austinpop said:

My vote would be for readable emails, and small images (expandable by clicking). Very few people know (or care) about the trick of double clicking an image to "right-size" it for their post.

As I've said multiple times before, I'd be fine with a small default image size if it can be increased manually. Limiting inline images to 300 pixels is just ridiculous. 640x480 displays are kind of last century.

Speaking of mobile changes (not sure if the desktop had this added as well).  I'm by no means against change or trying to introduce new things here. The manner in which they are implemented, in my respectful opinion, has been just off by enough in recent attempts that success was less than assured. 

GIF were probably going to be a hard sell here to start with. So when not only is the text/caption impossibly small to read in the selection window (full sized they are quite clear and good quality), but the selected gifs are very poorly related to discussions and interests portrayed on this site.  It doesn't excite and enrich.  Observe. 

ice cream lol GIF by Justin Gammon

relaxed oprah winfrey GIF

That last one should come with a NSFW tag and the first one would've not too many years ago. x-D

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - Making some adjustments for All Access / Premium subscribers who don't see advertisements. Let me know if you have any issues. You should see some new features in the next few minutes.

Great!  Can you make sure I am in the in the subscriber list as I have been seeing the whitelisting request lately...perhaps my subscription has expired and I need to renew?

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!