IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

Hi Chris:

Seems the "Unread Subscriptions" link/filter is not working for me in the past few hours (was fine early this morning on my iPad) here at my desk.  Here is the filter I use--and I know there are a handful of topics with new posts that I follow.  Yet it is saying that there is nothing to show.  Please advise.  Thanks!

91247447_ScreenShot2019-02-23at1_18_58PM.thumb.jpg.22af73c2d8ba00ee830834f1e8a0f177.jpg

P.S.  FYI: The Unread Subscriptions link at the top of all pages takes me to the following URL:

https://audiophilestyle.com/discover/68/

52 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Hi Chris:

Seems the "Unread Subscriptions" link/filter is not working for me in the past few hours (was fine early this morning on my iPad) here at my desk.  Here is the filter I use--and I know there are a handful of topics with new posts that I follow.  Yet it is saying that there is nothing to show.  Please advise.  Thanks!

91247447_ScreenShot2019-02-23at1_18_58PM.thumb.jpg.22af73c2d8ba00ee830834f1e8a0f177.jpg

P.S.  FYI: The Unread Subscriptions link at the top of all pages takes me to the following URL:

https://audiophilestyle.com/discover/68/

All dynamic streams are currently broken.

33 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

"Next unread topic" no longer lists thread title

also, who's harry?

From the release notes of the update:

"Removed the name of the content (e.g. topic) from the “Next Unread” link which could consume significant server resources on large communities."

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 6/19/2018 at 12:41 PM, mansr said:

OK, here's a strange thing that started happening in the last couple of days. Using desktop Firefox (but not Chrome/Android), visiting the Unread Content page (https://www.computeraudiophile.com/discover/unread/) is acting oddly. If I scroll down a bit, click on something, then go "back" in the browser, or simply reload the page, it jumps to the top shortly after loading, also appending a # to the URL in the location field. This is annoying.

Finally, this little annoyance has gone away.

When someone enters a status update, where on (or off) the forums does that go?

Is it a sort of Facebook-comes-to-CA?

Is this the feature on which you wanted opinions?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, Jud said:

When someone enters a status update, where on (or off) the forums does that go?

Is it a sort of Facebook-comes-to-CA?

Is this the feature on which you wanted opinions?

We’ve had this feature for years but it isn’t something I’ve promoted. 

I’ll get a link for you when I have a chance. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Thanks for the feedback about the email banner @Jud and @austinpop

PS - I asked the software vendor to enable me to not show these email banners to subscribers of the site. They thought it was a great idea but couldn’t implement it in time. 

I would love that, because it is still unreadable to me - better, but not enough.