IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I believe @PeterSt has requested this feature a few times. 

I am not aware of that, but it seems a good idea anyway. Previously it was a bit searching for where a link to a post could reside, although it was there all right. Now it's more "conform".

Thanks.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

I know the "share this" icon is hip, but now it is redundant. Chris, maybe if you can give the number the same tooltip "Share this post" it is extra OK (and maybe stick both the icon and the number right next to each other).

No big deal of course, but if you're working in that area anyway ...

XXHighEnd (developer)

5 minutes ago, rando said:

At least on my W10 x86 machine the ability to paste an image link is no longer working.  Nor is the option to load from a url functional with a large majority outside the AWS loop.  Direct links to album art from eclassical.com and 2L among them.

http://ecstatic.textalk.se/shop/thumbnails/shop/17115/art15/h2922/5032922-origpic-5c2b46.png_0_0_100_100_1600_1600_0.png

Is this what you see when you try?

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 12.03.03 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I'm having performance problems on AS.  If I look at an item on the Activity Stream it takes way too long with a spinning circle in the Chrome tab.  Same thing returning to the Activity Stream using the browser back button.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Update ... looks like it may be my ad blocker uBlock Origin.  I disabled it for AS and performance seems better.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I can't say that I like the "huge" thumbnails that now come from injecting images in a post. Hence there are no thumbnails, only the normal pictures. Now its harder to construct a post in a more compact fashion.

XXHighEnd (developer)

6 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

I can't say that I like the "huge" thumbnails that now come from injecting images in a post. Hence there are no thumbnails, only the normal pictures. Now its harder to construct a post in a more compact fashion.

I forgot to change this setting back to 300px. Thanks for the reminder. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I forgot to change this setting back to 300px. Thanks for the reminder. 

Ah, OK. Maybe I can still edit my post (not that it is of huge importance).

Thank you, Chris.

XXHighEnd (developer)

20 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Ah, OK. Maybe I can still edit my post

Hey, I just found out about the double clicking on the image and change its thumbnail size (there it defaults to 300px). OK, that works too. Better even. :)

I suppose this has been in there forever ? if so, it's only a matter of making that feature more visible ?

I am not even sure how I found out, but at editing the post I saw some popup telling me that double click would bring me options (I don't talk about the tooltip which more vaguely tells the same (saw that long ago) and which does not tempt to go in there (if I now try it's not even about the same).

Maybe the double-click option isn't even known ? I really can't find any more where and how the edit-post told me ... but here:

LVDS03.thumb.png.9d99077ed3753483a85e65afec5ec95d.png

LVDS03a.thumb.png.6f05054eb609e8d485fecf32b511a372.png

haha

XXHighEnd (developer)

OK, sorry for stalking and probably known. But here I saw it:

LVDS04.thumb.png.9e8eb86f2e68b33472ebe981c8748165.png

That text appears for one second above the image, right after it has been inserted in the text. I probably always missed it.

XXHighEnd (developer)

@The Computer Audiophile Is it possible to lock the post from further amendments or editing once a has been reply posted?  This is causing some replies to be out of context. 

And, could you also lock the reaction button once a reaction has been recorded?  

Thank you. 

@phosphorein I saw your disagreement to one of my post and I agree it appears to be out of context. However, it was a response to another post’s reaction which has seen been retracted by the member. My response was overtaken by another response which now rendered my post seemed to be addressing the preceeding one.  

Per photo size. Smart forum software, such as that present on the site formerly known as CA, is a godsend.  By my approximation 300 pixels preserves page flow in a manner consistent with the rest of the site.  Separate tab, full sized photos are a great solution to the old problems. 

600 pixels is still reasonable, but disproportionate. Nowhere near the annoyance level of thumbnail sized embedded YouTube videos that require playing to determine what they even are. Just more scrolling and messier quotes. 

AOTE is the only place with multiple users changes like this have a quickly compounding effect. People put effort into creating a personal formatting template which is clear and informative. Yet compact enough those who don't share their interests can easily move past.