IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

1 minute ago, rickca said:

Sounds like exactly what I wanted.  Remember I asked for a way to ignore a thread instead of ignoring a user?

I knew it had been asked for previously, but I couldn't remember who, when and where. Thanks for assisting my memory and for raising the idea in the first place.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

16 minutes ago, Daudio said:

Hmmm... Funny, I never had a problem ignoring threads, for whatever reason, using the old fashioned way, involving eyes, mental discrimination, and fingers. No high-tech gizmos needed. ;)

But if it really is all about the tech...  nevermind...

I've never had an issue ignoring stuff either, but the big issue comes when using the Activity Stream. Some threads take control of this stream because they are so active. This would be the only way to ignore such activity.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I've never had an issue ignoring stuff either, but the big issue comes when using the Activity Stream. Some threads take control of this stream because they are so active.

I see your point, but it seems to me the old 'Unread Posts' lists had exactly the same problem  :)

(edit) And, if you think a bit broader about limiting our input, in this day and age, aren't we already too isolated in our own individual information bubbles and silo's ?

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I've never had an issue ignoring stuff either, but the big issue comes when using the Activity Stream. Some threads take control of this stream because they are so active. This would be the only way to ignore such activity.

It could be nice to ignore entire subforums too, not just individual threads. For example, I'm not interested in the buy & sell section, so anything posted there is just useless clutter to me.

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

For this reason alone I'd love to see this feature enabled. 

3 minutes ago, mansr said:

It could be nice to ignore entire subforums too, not just individual threads. For example, I'm not interested in the buy & sell section, so anything posted there is just useless clutter to me.

I would love the custom activity stream to be more granular and enable users to specific specific forums to exclude. So far this isn't possible natively or via plugin. 

15 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I would love the custom activity stream to be more granular and enable users to specific specific forums to exclude. So far this isn't possible natively or via plugin. 

Custom streams allow, at least in some cases, to pick which forums to include. Selecting all except a few is a bit clunky.

Speaking of custom streams, it would be neat if one could add quick links to more than one in some convenient location. Selecting a custom stream in the mobile interface takes 4 taps through the menus, which gets tedious quickly.

If I put a user's posts on ignore, I still see their posts listed in the activity stream but it says 'you have chosen to ignore content by xxx'.

Is there a way to eliminate these posts entirely from the activity stream?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

45 minutes ago, rickca said:

If I put a user's posts on ignore, I still see their posts listed in the activity stream but it says 'you have chosen to ignore content by xxx'.

Is there a way to eliminate these posts entirely from the activity stream?

When you click 'Ignore' on a user, you need to look/scroll down to check any of 4 boxes, to ignore specific kinds of the users content, posts, messages, signature (?).

They are hard to see, and I missed them at first and ran into the same problem you now see.

The solution to that is to go to your user name in the upper right corner, drop it down, and select 'Ignored Users', there you can access and update all the boxes for all the unmentionable members you've placed there  ;)

Too bad the initial 'Ignore' action doesn't default to, at least, a check in the 'Posts' box...

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - The Ignore Topic feature is now available.

Thank you so much, Chris!

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - The Ignore Topic feature is now available.

What a difference this makes!  Frequently, the most active threads are the ones that interest me least.  With this feature, using the activity stream is so much more productive.

Is there a way to reduce the 10 to 15 second delay after going back from a thread to the main Activity feed on an iPad?  This forum used to be so great with the iPad app.  But I hesitate to click on most threads since I know it's going to be a long wait before I can continue scrolling through the Activity feed.  I'm on an iPad Pro if that makes a difference.

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.