IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

1 minute ago, PeterSt said:

I don't see a difference ? See my attachment a few posts back (about the Preview button). Or maybe that is not what you mean ...

Reload the page...?

Just now, PeterSt said:

Hey Jud, I see that finally your reputation is way better than Chris's.

Don't look at mine.

Which proves that it doesn't prove anything. :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Just now, lmitche said:

Jud, LOL that is pretty much what you look like in person!

LOL back!

Edit: I went back and reloaded my avatar photo, actually, because the avatar as originally brought over to the new site looked something like an inflated balloon with my picture pasted on it.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Reload the page...?

Jud, you are correct. But it must be a bit of a "hard" reload. Thus, for Chrome (and most probably IE the same) Ctrl-F5 and not only F5.

And again, what a relief, the way to attach files. Btw, in-line I am not sure yet.

CAPreview02.png

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

7 minutes ago, Jud said:

looked something like an inflated balloon with my picture pasted on it.

WTF ... there's a real cool "quote this" feature ! hard to explain. But I just copied and a balloon was thrown at me and now there's the "Jud said".

Anyway, Jud, you look as much forward as you sound, so there's still a zoom at work which we don't like. For your avatar I mean. Others are fine.

:/

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

As quite usual thing in my case, after I posted my previous post (in other thread) I found some typos and other small things I wanted to correct to make my post easier understandable. It took me about 5 minutes and during that time other forum member posted in that thread. Quite usual thing. But then I had trouble to post my edited change. It took maybe 2 minutes of waiting time and then I got:

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2S136/C

Contact Us

... and my editing change was lost. During that wait time I tried to open the forum main page in other browser tab and it also took long time. Then the forum became more responsive.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
1 minute ago, PeterSt said:

WTF ... there's a real cool "quote this" feature ! hard to explain.

You mean when you highlight just part of someone's comment and the little "Quote this" notification pops up?  Yes, way cool - hat tip to Chris.

3 minutes ago, bogi said:

As quite usual thing in my case, after I posted my previous post (in other thread) I found some typos and other small things I wanted to correct to make my post easier understandable. It took me about 5 minutes and during that time other forum member posted in that thread. Quite usual thing. But then I had trouble to post my edited change. It took maybe 2 minutes of waiting time and then I got:

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2S136/C

Contact Us

... and my editing change was lost. During that wait time I tried to open the forum main page in other browser tab and it also took long time. Then the forum became more responsive.

Thanks.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi guys:

Can someone explain to me how I can split a quote in a reply?   Frequently someone will ask a series of questions in one post and I like to put my reply under each question.  In the past, being able to see the [/QUOTE] stuff it was easy to copy/paste the open and close markers around each segment and reply in between.

But we can't see those anymore and I get the impression that the Multiquote plus sign is for quoting from several posts in one reply.

Thanks,

--Alex C.

3 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Can someone explain to me how I can split a quote in a reply?

Maybe like this?  Click the "Quote" link for the entire msg first, then choose individual pieces to use the Quote feature from the editing bar.

Frequently someone will ask a series of questions in one post and I like to put my reply under each question.  In the past, being able to see the [/QUOTE] stuff it was easy to copy/paste the open and close markers around each segment and reply in between.

Like that.

I see what I proposed is still not ideal - have to do some more poking around to learn how to correctly attribute quotes to whoever said them.

10 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Hi guys:

Can someone explain to me how I can split a quote in a reply?   Frequently someone will ask a series of questions in one post and I like to put my reply under each question.  In the past, being able to see the [/QUOTE] stuff it was easy to copy/paste the open and close markers around each segment and reply in between.

OK, got it now.  In the middle of a quote, you split it into pieces by hitting Return twice.

10 minutes ago, Superdad said:

But we can't see those anymore and I get the impression that the Multiquote plus sign is for quoting from several posts in one reply.

And then at the end you can just begin your comment below the field of the quote.

Out of all available formats, you had chosen the worst. HiFi Wigwam also uses it, and I hate it. One of the reasons I'm not more frequent to that forum. 

One feature I miss the most is the new posts button. 

Also auto width scalling doesn't seem to work - the text only takes about 1/4 of the my screen width (1920x1080). Terrible !

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

4 minutes ago, Elberoth said:

Out of all available formats, you had chosen the worst. HiFi Wigwam also uses it, and I hate it. One of the reasons I'm not more frequent to that forum. 

One feature I miss the most is the new posts button. 

What do you mean yo mis the new posts button? Have you tried all the "new" buttons under Activity? You can even create custom activity streams.

I realize you may want a much wider screen, but nearly all readability studies suggest this width is ideal. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Just tested to quote you. Works fine :)

It's actually a little tricky.  I can't split-quote you if I try to split in the middle of one of your lines, or if I try to double-Return at the beginning of a line.  I have to double-Return at the end of one of your lines to reply in the middle of quoting you.

2 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

(I use this reply as a test)

IMG_0484.PNG

Anyone have further split-quoting hints?

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

What do you mean yo mis the new posts button? Have you tried all the "new" buttons under Activity? You can even create custom activity streams.

Yes, instead of separate threads (which were easy to browse) it returns gazzilion of separate posts. Unreadible !

Adam

Just now, Kal Rubinson said:

I tend to hate change so take that into consideration.

Off the top, there is too much white space at the expense of information density on the screen.  Also, the font is too fine and small for comfort.

Thanks for the feedback. Going from a wide screen to this is kind of tough, but nearly all readability studies suggest this is the sweet spot with respect to number of characters and line length. 

I'm looking into the font size.

7 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Just tested to quote you.

OK, I tried to split a line using the "highlight and quote" feature.

2 minutes ago, Jud said:

Works fine :)

But as you can see, it misattributed the second part of R1200CL's quote to me.

+1

Also auto width scalling doesn't seem to work - the text only takes about 1/4 of the my screen width (1920x1080). 3/4 of the screen width is blank ! Such a waste of space.

Adam