IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

9 hours ago, austinpop said:

I'm open to all reasonable solutions. Stickies posts are a good option too.

I like the stickies idea and there is certainly a use for this.  The issues with stickies could be two fold:  1. will people read them and 2. sometimes they can become overwhelming if not used judiciously.  For instance opening the software thread it could be a negative if there are a ton of stickies at the top that break up the flow of current topics versus what should indeed be a stickie.  Just a thought.

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

Don't you see a toolbar with toggle icons (Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikethrough, and the buttons to add links and emoticons)?

I see all that you listed, except no 'Strikethrough', instead I have a 'T' with underline and sub-script 'x' - it's hover text reads "Remove Format". Then to the right are buttons for: Links, Quotes, Emoticons, Bulleted lists, Numbered lists, and Preview. (10 total)

Now, just how did we get different versions of the common editor (same for Blog IIRC) ? "

I've since seen another user, with 'Strikethrough' styling in their posts too, so I'm wondering why my (browser based) post editor looks different ??

And while we're talking about the CA editor, there is another odd behavior I've noticed. When I insert the cursor into the midst of previously typed text, to change something in my post-to-be, I can type characters fine, until I type a 'space', then the cursor instantly relocates to the end of the current line ! Not very helpful... Can that be fixed too ?

TIA

7 minutes ago, Daudio said:
I see all that you listed, except no 'Strikethrough', instead I have a 'T' with underline and sub-script 'x' - it's hover text reads "Remove Format". Then to the right are buttons for: Links, Quotes, Emoticons, Bulleted lists, Numbered lists, and Preview. (10 total)

Now, just how did we get different versions of the common editor (same for Blog IIRC) ? "

I see other users with 'Strikethrough' styling in their posts, so I'm wondering why my post editor looks different ??

The available buttons depend on the width of your browser.

46 minutes ago, Daudio said:

When I insert the cursor into the midst of previously typed text, to change something in my post-to-be, I can type characters fine, until I type a 'space', then the cursor instantly relocates to the end of the current line !

I haven't experienced that with Safari on iOS or Chrome on Windows.  What browser / platform are you on?

Now, iOS on the other hand makes some things difficult - it's very touchy about positioning the cursor and selecting text - but that is its own problem!

33 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

I should have looked at your sig.  Apologies!

No need for any apologies, it doesn't say "Firefox" down there  :)

I just clicked between "for" and "apologies" to add "any", and as soon as I tapped the space bar, the cursor was blinking just to the right of the smiley face, kinda like it was sticking out its tongue at me O.o

Had to go back to add the 'space' to separate the words, wasting my time,

I don't remember noticing this kind of behavior until the last few weeks. But then I've been noticing lots of bad spelling, missing words, and worsening ability to read text, both in my output (TextEdit, Mail, online editors...), and all over the web that I visit !  This effect has been growing this year. I suspect new 'smart' behavior in the latest releases of... everything(?), that isn't so damn smart after all, but is subtly corrupting our ability to communicate well (and I'm ignoring the already sad human performance factor).  OK, OT, sorry...

10 minutes ago, Daudio said:

I've been noticing lots of bad spelling, missing words, and worsening ability to read text, both in my output (TextEdit, Mail, online editors...), and all over the web that I visit !  This effect has been growing this year. I suspect new 'smart' behavior in the latest releases of... everything(?), that isn't so damn smart after all, but is subtly corrupting our ability to communicate well (and I'm ignoring the already sad human performance factor).  OK, OT, sorry...

Maybe you've developed some unusual form of dyslexia.

Lately I have been having an issue which I don't know if it has been discussed here before.

When I click on the button next to a thread for "New unread posts", very often I am taken to the last message posted, NOT to the last one I read. This happens both with threads where I posted (with star) and where I haven't.   

11 minutes ago, bibo01 said:

Lately I have been having an issue which I don't know if it has been discussed here before.

When I click on the button next to a thread for "New unread posts", very often I am taken to the last message posted, NOT to the last one I read. This happens both with threads where I posted (with star) and where I haven't.   

THIS.  Happens to me, too.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Chris, is it possible to increase the size of the green dot (or star, if you have commented in a thread) , make it larger ?    Or even move it to the right hand side of someones avatar ? (When viewing CA on a mobile device).

Like to click on this to get to the last unread message, maybe it's just me, but I sometimes miss clicking correctly as it is a bit small (specifically when using mobile devices), end up either clicking the avatar (above the dot) or users name (under the dot).

I wonder if it is just me or if others also are having trouble.  Your thoughts ?

Speaker : iPhone 6S Plus > UpTone Audio USB Regen (x2) > Benchmark DAC1 Pre > Pass Labs INT-30A > Focal Micro Utopia BE

Headphone : Auralic Aries > Auralic Gemini 2000 > Audeze LCD-X

Power & Tweaks : Heaps of Balanced & Isolation Power supplies, Dedicated Line, Vinnie Rossi MINI PURE-DC-4EVR, HD-Plex LPSU, iFi Audio DC iPurifiers, DIY Resonance/Vibration platforms using Townshend Audio Seismic Isolation Pods

Has anyone else noticed that the Title (name) of the CA page is now displaying in the very top of the browser window (as it should) ?  I only noticed this in the last week or two. And sorely missed it after the upgrade, since I couldn't see what thread I was in the middle of anymore.

Now, if post numbers magicly reappeared, we'd be back to where we used to be re: thread navigation  :)

(see, it wasn't my browsers address bar config. after all B|)

24 minutes ago, Daudio said:

Has anyone else noticed that the Title (name) of the CA page is now displaying in the very top of the browser window (as it should) ?  I only noticed this in the last week or two. And sorely missed it after the upgrade, since I couldn't see what thread I was in the middle of anymore.

Now, if post numbers magicly reappeared, we'd be back to where we used to be re: thread navigation  :)

(see, it wasn't my browsers address bar config. after all B|)

Zero changes have been made that effect this behavior :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, Duke40 said:

Chris, is it possible to increase the size of the green dot (or star, if you have commented in a thread) , make it larger ?    Or even move it to the right hand side of someones avatar ? (When viewing CA on a mobile device).

Like to click on this to get to the last unread message, maybe it's just me, but I sometimes miss clicking correctly as it is a bit small (specifically when using mobile devices), end up either clicking the avatar (above the dot) or users name (under the dot).

I wonder if it is just me or if others also are having trouble.  Your thoughts ?

I definitely hear you. It's a bit small for comfortable navigation on all devices. No promises, but I will look into resizing this. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 hours ago, bibo01 said:

8 hours ago, jhwalker said:

THIS.  Happens to me, too.

You guys are clicking on this button (see screenshot)?

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 8.40.57 AM.png

2 hours ago, Duke40 said:

+10!  I find I have to zoom in on iDevices before attempting click the star spangled or the dot.

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

+10!  I find I have to zoom in on iDevices before attempting click the star spangled or the dot.

Yeah, I also find it iffy.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

On a desktop computer, a few times I have accidentally hit the quote button when trying to insert a hyperlink into text.  The quote box then becomes impossible to remove.  A few days later if I click on the same thread it will ask if I want to remove previous text, the empty quote box.  

Is there any way for users to clear this at will?

23 minutes ago, rando said:

On a desktop computer, a few times I have accidentally hit the quote button when trying to insert a hyperlink into text.  The quote box then becomes impossible to remove.  A few days later if I click on the same thread it will ask if I want to remove previous text, the empty quote box.  

Is there any way for users to clear this at will?

Simply backspacing over the quote box works for me. Place the cursor after the box hit backspace twice.