IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

24 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm testing features of the website in order to find the right balance

I'm sorry but having 'Likes' without 'Dislikes', hardly sounds balanced to me.

And, surely you knew I meant the paranoid (and self-serving) anti-Dislike requests vs. other more balanced requests. Seems like anyone can pop-up in this thread with a 'Chris can you do this...' and off you go to do it, whether its a good idea or not.

Maybe these issues should be tested in a poll to gauge the whole community ?  Wait... I haven't yet seen a single poll, or possibility of starting one in CA 4.0 ?!!?*?

Think what you want. Maybe there's a conspiracy against you here because your suggestions aren't implemented. But that would go against your theory that we do whatever people ask for. 

Give us a bit more credit. This is our day job. We evaluate everything. 

Perhaps you need to look for polls before you speak. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I'd like multiple factor reputation scores - along the lines of:

coldly analytical

euphonic glow

pastel water colors

oil paint pastiche

mid-range bloom

stone-coated fruit like tiny sparkling diamonds,  

chewy texture

power with finesse

windowpane clarity

soaring aromatics and elegance

salt-crusted/electric finish

deeply exotic

luscious dollop 

Mediterranean sun

elegant tannins

thirst-quenching 

versatile

They could all be displayed in a star or ray chart format for each person.  or a lollipop plot...

20 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Perhaps you need to look for polls before you speak.

If I can't see them, then maybe a lot of others can't either, as evidenced by none (I've seen) appearing in the wild. It is just another bad UI issue, with no documentation to see to help learn. This upgrade should not be a teenagers video game where one only learns the obscure rules only through youthful speed, energy, and endless time...

I have paid attention to instructions and hints to CA 4.0 usage in this thread, as well as encountered in regular browsing, and my own (directed) fumbling around, so it's not for lack of trying. But then I didn't ask to have to relearn something I took 6 years to learn. :(

20 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Maybe there's a conspiracy

Please don't get defensive again.

And, lastly, as a retired professional, I give credit where credit is due.

11 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

I'd like multiple factor reputation scores - along the lines of:

coldly analytical

euphonic glow

pastel water colors

oil paint pastiche

mid-range bloom

stone-coated fruit like tiny sparkling diamonds,  

chewy texture

power with finesse

windowpane clarity

soaring aromatics and elegance

salt-crusted/electric finish

deeply exotic

luscious dollop 

Mediterranean sun

elegant tannins

thirst-quenching 

versatile

They could all be displayed in a star or ray chart format for each person.  or a lollipop plot...

I always suspected audio and wine attributes were interchangeable. Never thought of including visual arts in the mix.

1 hour ago, Daudio said:

I'm sorry but having 'Likes' without 'Dislikes', hardly sounds balanced to me.

And, surely you knew I meant the paranoid (and self-serving) anti-Dislike requests vs. other more balanced requests. Seems like anyone can pop-up in this thread with a 'Chris can you do this...' and off you go to do it, whether its a good idea or not.

Maybe these issues should be tested in a poll to gauge the whole community ?  Wait... I haven't yet seen a single poll, or possibility of starting one in CA 4.0 ?!!?*?

You are one of the people here that is quick to slap dislikes on other members' posts. You gave out half a dozen today in one thread, including four to one singular, well-liked member who, in my eyes, always makes positive contributions.

I don't know what your agenda is, but it seems pretty mean-spirited to me. We are all here to have fun. I suggested that Chris remove the whole "reputation" system, not just the negative ratings. Seems to me it that it it polarizing and politicizing the forum, and your behavior bears that out.

2 minutes ago, wwaldmanfan said:

You gave out half a dozen today in one thread,

But, you didn't count my 'Likes', so your post is just like others of yours that I may have 'Disliked' for unbalanced, ill-informed and mean-spirited utterances.

I'm fine with being responsible for my Like/Dislike behavior, but it sounds like you aren't  :(

17 minutes ago, Daudio said:

your post is just like others of yours that I may have 'Disliked' for unbalanced, ill-informed and mean-spirited utterances.

I'm fine with being responsible for my Like/Dislike behavior, but it sounds like you aren't  :(

If you say so.

52 minutes ago, Daudio said:

But, you didn't count my 'Likes', so your post is just like others of yours that I may have 'Disliked' for unbalanced, ill-informed and mean-spirited utterances.

Dude, was Grumpy your favorite Dwarf?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

12 hours ago, Daudio said:

I agree, this is also the reason I have given dislikes as well.

It is OK to disagree. What it is not OK is to attack, belittle, or make fun anyone who doesn't agree with one's position. I have agreed with all of your dislikes I've seen, most noticed after disliking the same post myself.

If everyone respected other peoples opinions and listening impressions I would never have needed to give a dislike.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

6 hours ago, Teresa said:

It is OK to disagree. What it is not OK is to attack, belittle, or make fun anyone who doesn't agree with one's position. I have agreed with all of your dislikes I've seen

Well said ! Thanks, Teresa.

5 hours ago, wwaldmanfan said:

No one who made jokes about burning in cables referenced the OP in any way

I avoided that thread, knowing the type of rif-raf it would attract.

19 hours ago, wwaldmanfan said:

You gave out half a dozen today...

And how exactly did you find all my 'dislike' clicks, some special search ?

Oh, no, you didn't go and make up those numbers, did you ?

1 hour ago, Daudio said:

And how exactly did you find all my 'dislike' clicks, some special search ?

Oh, no, you didn't go and make up those numbers, did you ?

Reputations are displayed on every post for all to see. Just click it, and it displays who gave the like/dislike (dislikes now deleted).

Don't embarrass yourself furthur. You know what you did.

1 hour ago, wwaldmanfan said:

Reputations are displayed on every post for all to see. Just click it, and it displays

I know that way, I thought you must have had a special shortcut instead of checking every single posts Rep field for... what ? If you are still interested in stalking me, you're welcome to count the Likes on my Activity page 9_9

I applaud your persistence in collecting that data, but really... 

Dude, you need to get a life :)  Taking a break to listen to music is the usual advice, sounds good here too !

Have a great weekend,

Shame you lost that nicely formatted Q&A input page for Profile-Audio System. I've restored mine from a cut & paste here that I've used elsewhere. But not the same for new users and missing some entry fields I'm sure.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

Pics missing in blog

Hi Chris,

well done, I am recognizing more and more great features implemented with the Update of CA. And I would like to mention that your work and open discussion with everyone in this thread is recognized, thank's again.

I just stumbled about a blog entry of Miska where the pics of the measurements are missing, maybe they could be added again from the backup? This is the page:

Take care

Thomas

DIY coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer /// 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter /// Active crossover @ Acourate Convolver & room correction@MC30 /// General 2 PC setup: floating PSU picoless battery & caps/filter powered Bicker DC160W: PC1(Player) - individual stripped MS RamOS with JPlay /// PC2: Server 2016 RamOS - AO 2.0b5 - Acourate Convolver - online convolving & crossover /// Chain: PC1 - USB - F-1 - SPdif coax - Mutec MC3.1+ USB - SPdif coax - FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter - USB - PC2 - FireFace UCX - Adat LWL - Mutec MC-4 - 3 x SPdif coax - D802 Low/ D802 Middle / D802 High - 2 Stereo Lab KWH250 with BMS 4590 plus 2 modified corner subwoofer Abacus ABS210

@The Computer Audiophile I've noticed a new issue.  When I try to use the share post function, it first shows the web address but when I click in the box to copy the address, the address goes away but shows "jtwrace".  This only started yesterday.  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos