IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

Chris, have a look at DIY DC power cables thread with John Swenson's latest post.  The line length is such that you have to scroll right to read the entire line.  Why this is happening only in that thread is a mystery.  Maybe John broke it!

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

2 hours ago, rickca said:

Chris, have a look at DIY DC power cables thread with John Swenson's latest post.  The line length is such that you have to scroll right to read the entire line.  Why this is happening only in that thread is a mystery.  Maybe John broke it!

This is a strange one because it only appears this way for some users. I continue to research the issue but can't pin down the cause. I've seen it happen in one other area in the UpTone sponsored forum and nowhere else on the site. 

Thanks for the report. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

9 hours ago, Daudio said:

And just what are we supposed to call this 'new' version of CA ? 

Ver. 2, Ver. 4, Ver. 2017 ????

Perhaps I could go the Apple route and call it CA (Early 2017 Edition) :~)

I actually hate Apple's naming scheme. Officially this is CA 4.0. We started with an extremely basic Drupal website in 2007, then did a major overhaul after a few years but stayed on the same platform. After that we switched to vBulletin and now we are here with the latest version of the site on a different platform.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

9 hours ago, bunno77 said:

Hoping this to be either ignored as it isn't the goal of the new website or taken as constructive criticism. 

I haven't been on this site for weeks due to the new site, the app being cancelled and Tapatalk support not being available. 

I love the new site as it mirrors a lot of forums. My only issue is updates/notifications. I am getting emails about new posts but I don't want to check me emails then be referred to the website for each post. I may be doing something wrong but it isn't easy to navigate currently. 

I have said before that this site is very similar to stereonet now. 

Stereonets notification tab alerts you to when someone quotes/likes your post but also if there is a new post in that thread. I am not getting this in the new ca site and it is the only thing missing for me. 

I really miss this site as it is a great source of information and I really appreciate your reviews and posts. I think this site may be one of the most important to the future of this hobby/lifestyle/industry and I really want it to be the best it can be.. Today upon logging in again it feels like it isn't as vastly used as before but I could be wrong about this. Anyways I will try to add a few pics to show a little of how stereonet works. 

I personally would like Tapatalk support again but if that isn't good for your business that's understandable. 

Thank you

Dan

Screenshot_2017-03-27-08-14-46.png

Screenshot_2017-03-27-08-14-54.png

Screenshot_2017-05-05-00-12-18.png

Hi bunno77 - Thanks for the comments. You are correct about Stereonet and CA, we use the same web platform. If you can do it on Stereonet, you can do it on CA. 

Please check your notification settings at the following link and let me know if this solves your issue or not. If not, I'll dig deeper into the issue until we figure out what you need.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/notifications/options/

10 hours ago, austinpop said:

@The Computer Audiophile

Hi Chris - can I make a couple of feature requests? Consider these first world problems, so it's your choice whether to take any action!

1. Add back the location field in the users profile, and import this info from the old site. I like to see where a user is located sometimes, and currently have no way of knowing.
  2. The controversial reputation score. How do people feel about exposing it in the user's profile, not under their handle on every post as initially implemented? Or do you not want to go there? Flawed as it was, I did like the feature. This way it could be hidden away discreetly, but still accessible.

Respectfully submitted.

Well, I have partial good news for you. I've added back the location to the user profiles. However, I can't go back and import just the location information from the old site to the new location field. Hopefully, people will populate this field when they edit their profiles. 

Let's leave the reputation score alone for a little bit :~)

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 10.24.37 PM.png

9 hours ago, Daudio said:

1) +1

2) +1

There is so little left now of any kind of member distinguishing info to help bring people into a community, that anything added (back) to the 'new' CA* is a help !

And just what are we supposed to call this 'new' version of CA ? 

Ver. 2, Ver. 4, Ver. 2017 ????

We once had a feature that placed a flag next to usernames in the forum based on the location of the person. People actually got irate about this because they didn't want anyone to know their location. Anyway, that's neither here nor there.

37 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Well, I have partial good news for you. I've added back the location to the user profiles. However, I can't go back and import just the location information from the old site to the new location field. Hopefully, people will populate this field when they edit their profiles. 

Let's leave the reputation score alone for a little bit :~)

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 10.24.37 PM.png

Many thanks!

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi bunno77 - Thanks for the comments. You are correct about Stereonet and CA, we use the same web platform. If you can do it on Stereonet, you can do it on CA. 

Please check your notification settings at the following link and let me know if this solves your issue or not. If not, I'll dig deeper into the issue until we figure out what you need.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/notifications/options/

Thank you very much. 

Before I was only getting notifications if I was quoted but from the link I believe with the sliders I will get notifications for new posts on threads I follow. 

Sorry for my ignorance and thanks again for the help. 

Dan

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

We once had a feature that placed a flag next to usernames in the forum based on the location of the person. People actually got irate about this because they didn't want anyone to know their location. Anyway, that's neither here nor there.

It is actually very interesting to know the ac mains voltage of any poster on a hifi forum rather than country (110v/115v/220v/240v), but that might prove hard to implement!?

🎛️  Audio System  

5 hours ago, bunno77 said:

Before I was only getting notifications if I was quoted but from the link I believe with the sliders I will get notifications for new posts on threads I follow. 

Both options are available.

4 hours ago, mansr said:

At the moment I have 249 V. Sometimes it goes even higher.

Shocking.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Ignore List question: I can block another user's content, but I still see their posts listed in the Activity stream. Is there a way to block their posts entirely (except when quoted)?

Also, the "reputation" likes/dislikes should be eliminated. It fosters animosity between members when negatives are given.

30 minutes ago, wwaldmanfan said:

Ignore List question: I can block another user's content, but I still see their posts listed in the Activity stream. Is there a way to block their posts entirely (except when quoted)?

Also, the "reputation" likes/dislikes should be eliminated. It fosters animosity between members when negatives are given.

Looking into the ignore question. I guess i'll have to ignore someone to really test this :~)

I adjusted the likes feature to only allow for positive ratings. We'll see how it goes. I'm not a fan of participation trophies and believe people should be called out for certain things, but I certainly understand that the negative ratings have been misused.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

adjusted the likes feature to only allow for positive ratings. We'll see how it goes. I'm not a fan of participation trophies and believe people should be called out for certain things, but I certainly understand that the negative ratings have been misused.

What ! sorry, but that just sounds nuts to me, a Fantasy that everything is wonderful in this Best of All Possible Worlds :(

I have already made a case, in this thread, for full use and display of the Like/Dislike counts (with abuse corrections), and was promptly ignored and the count display was removed...

Does paranoia trump reason here too these days ?

P.S.  recall using the 'Ignore User' feature recently and being presented with 4(?) check boxes for Ignoring various kinds of appearances, including those mentioned by the questioner. So there is control over these behaviors, one just has to find them in this undocumented... uh... 'software'.