IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

29 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Hi Shawn,

Thanks! That's promising. Can you post or PM me a link to that custom activity stream? I'll use it as a template for now.

I deleted it earlier today.  It's not perfect by any means but you can quickly delete it if it's not what you like.

1. Create a new activity stream

2. Under Ownership, choose Content by specific members, type the name you want to follow (it will auto-fill after a few strokes)

3. Under Content types, choose topics, the hit the options icon, scroll down to your area of interest, say Networking, then name your stream you created.

This will now show everything that's under that area by that person.  I've tried adding key words like Auralic and/or Aries to get to a specific thread but it hasn't resulted in anything positive yet.

I'm continuing to mess around with the settings options, trying to improve the results.  I'll be honest, I suck at the computer, I don't even know how to take a screen shot and post it or send you a PM posted link.  I've learned everything I know about the computer from this community.  My previous professions didn't require computer knowledge.

Good luck

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

@The Computer Audiophile

Chris, I think I haven't said that before - thanks for the shaded black bars and the Blue CA theme option (I've only just discovered it). Both look IMO really cool (much better than the heavy black bars)!

For everyone interested - if you scroll down the CA page you will find the theme switch - IMO the blue one is worth checking out if you haven't discovered it yet. I've just been browsing CA in blue for ten minutes just enjoying it. Yeah ..looks really cool!

8 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

@The Computer Audiophile

Chris, I think I haven't said that before - thanks for the shaded black bars and the Blue CA theme option (I've only just discovered it). Both look IMO really cool (much better than the heavy black bars)!

For everyone interested - if you scroll down the CA page you will find the theme switch - IMO the blue one is worth checking out if you haven't discovered it yet. I've just been browsing CA in blue for ten minutes just enjoying it. Yeah ..looks really cool!

Thanks for the kind words. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 3/19/2017 at 2:35 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - This thread is here to log any issues that you find with the site and to provide any feedback you wish. As usual, all feedback, good, bad, indifferent, is welcome.

It has been a long weekend and I'm sure I missed a few things in my final run-through of the site. Please let me know what you find. In addition, I still have a lot of housekeeping to do and will get to it as soon as possible.

A few issues I am working through:

1. Front page articles need some of the code that didn't transfer over from the previous site removed (it's still visible in some articles).
  2. Article, not forum, attachments need to be re-attached (this will keep e busy for a while).
  3. Blog attachments need to be re-attached (this will also keep me busy for a while).
  4. I am creating URL redirect so some of the old URLs / web addresses will still work. Please let me know if you want your favorite thread to still work with the old URL (test to make sure I haven't created it already). 

Notes:

1. Support for the iOS and Android apps has been discontinued.

P.S. I still have access to the old site incase someone thinks they lost something.

Two things

1) if you start to quote someone else then abandon it, the next time you come back to the thread it locks you into the same quote, you can't start as a fresh unquoted comment

2) I no longer see  audio system used in user profiles. This was helpful to me as it enabled me to understand the background for someone's evaluative comments. This may eventually cause me to quit the site... need some way to sort those just starting their audiophile journey out from those who have highly evolved audio systems

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

On 3/26/2017 at 3:47 PM, Ralf11 said:

Thx Chris - I upgraded it.  

Richard: Got to your profile and click on the black tab (which is hard to distinguish as it borders a black area) on the RH side - "About Me"

Help! (please)  How does one edit the Signature.  i don't have an "About Me" tab and if i click Edit Profile i get some bogus window for name and birthday.  Thanks in advance!

29 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

Help! (please)  How does one edit the Signature.  i don't have an "About Me" tab and if i click Edit Profile i get some bogus window for name and birthday.  Thanks in advance!

Click on your name (upper right corner) under drop down menu click on account settings, on the left side is the Signature. 

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

2 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

Ouch, my eyesight must be worse than my hearing!  Thanks @ShawnC.

Your post reminded me to put something in my Signautre or Profile page.  :D

Chris, I'm encountering some new weird behavior on the site today.  When I bring up an All Activity stream, I'm seeing posts at the top of the list saying they were made, say, 10 minutes ago.  But when you navigate to the actual post, you discover that the post was actually made, say, 8 hours ago.  Refreshing the list with F5 fixes the problem, at least temporarily.

I don't think I've ever seen this behavior before today, but it's happened several times today.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

7 hours ago, rickca said:

Chris, I'm encountering some new weird behavior on the site today.  When I bring up an All Activity stream, I'm seeing posts at the top of the list saying they were made, say, 10 minutes ago.  But when you navigate to the actual post, you discover that the post was actually made, say, 8 hours ago.  Refreshing the list with F5 fixes the problem, at least temporarily.

I don't think I've ever seen this behavior before today, but it's happened several times today.

Hi Rick - Next time this happens, can you check the two time stamps and let me know if they are different? See screenshots below.

Also, what browser are you using? 

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 8.12.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 8.13.15 AM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

49 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Rick - Next time this happens, can you check the two time stamps and let me know if they are different? See screenshots below.

Also, what browser are you using? 

Yes, the timestamps are different, that's exactly what I'm saying.  I'm using Chrome 57 on Windows 10 Creator's Update ... but Chrome just updated this morning to version 58.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

I am not sure whether it will be possible to solve this :

Once you have a (same !) topic open in several tabs (I guess with several windows the same will happen, but I did not try) and you are quoted from posts in that topic, it's kind of raining Notifications. So 5 tabs means 5 Notifications. The timing of those is not the same and say that a minute can be in between them. And now you can't discern a "first" Notification from such a redundant one.

I am not sure whether this happens with all kinds of Notifications (like you're given a Reputation or a new post has been added) but I think so.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

On 4/6/2017 at 6:04 PM, rickca said:

Chris, a performance issue.  I'm just using the All Activity stream.  When I find an interesting post in the list, I click on the xx hours ago and go read it.  Then I use the browser (Chrome) back button to return to the list.

With the new software, at least that gets me back to the entry in the list rather than the most recent post.  That's a huge improvement over the old software.

However, the longer ago the post was made, the longer it takes to return to the list.  So if I go look at a post made 12 hours ago, it takes much longer to return to the list than if I go look at a post made 15 minutes ago.

It seems like the logic has no direct pointer back to the list entry that was of interest.  Rather it seems to churn through every entry in the list until it reaches that point.

It would be nice if the performance of the return trip triggered by the back button was more consistent.

Chris, are you looking into this?  I don't know whether you do such things yourself or have a tech support person.

I also reported that the All Activity stream doesn't auto-update for me.  It puts up a message saying there are new posts and I have to click to see them.  

14 hours ago, rickca said:

Chris, are you looking into this?  I don't know whether you do such things yourself or have a tech support person.

I also reported that the All Activity stream doesn't auto-update for me.  It puts up a message saying there are new posts and I have to click to see them.  

Hi Rick - I just returned from Axpona and I'm getting caught up. I'll look into this and find out what it takes to resolve the issue (if I can do it or I need to hire someone etc...). 

By the way, I talked to many members of the CA Community and got some good suggestions about improving the new site. 

On 4/6/2017 at 5:04 PM, rickca said:

Chris, a performance issue.  I'm just using the All Activity stream.  When I find an interesting post in the list, I click on the xx hours ago and go read it.  Then I use the browser (Chrome) back button to return to the list.

With the new software, at least that gets me back to the entry in the list rather than the most recent post.  That's a huge improvement over the old software.

However, the longer ago the post was made, the longer it takes to return to the list.  So if I go look at a post made 12 hours ago, it takes much longer to return to the list than if I go look at a post made 15 minutes ago.

It seems like the logic has no direct pointer back to the list entry that was of interest.  Rather it seems to churn through every entry in the list until it reaches that point.

It would be nice if the performance of the return trip triggered by the back button was more consistent.

The performance issue for me is definitely there, but it's reasonable, given what's taking place. 

When browsing an item from a few minutes ago and clicking the back button, it takes about one second to load. 

I scrolled down many pages of content to find something posted 13 hours ago and clicked on it. Then I hit the back button. The delay was about four seconds, while all the content was loaded and the page was adjusted back to my previous location in the list. 

Given what has to take place, all the content must be loaded based on time stamp and several pages may need to be loaded, this is probably the best we can do right now (without a major change to the site). This type of thing is likely the reason 100 posts aren't automatically displayed in the Activity window by default. It's not simple to run that query on so much content. 

That said, I will see what I can do. I get annoyed at items like this. It's 2017, it seems like we should be able to resolve this type of thing.

Thanks for the report Rick.

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Go to the thread and the default search will change to "This Topic."

Thanks!  This new site really drives me crazy I must say.  

CA Search.tiff

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos