IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

My apologies if this has already been covered; but is it possible as it was prior to the new site redo to have the most recent post in a thread be the first on top of the first page viewed, rather than the last on the bottom of the last page? I can't find a way to choose this option.

Thanks!

On 4/12/2017 at 10:18 AM, austinpop said:

Chris, remind me...

What's the solution for following links to the old site embedded in posts from prior to the transition? I know they currently don't work, but I can't remember if you said that was on a roadmap to fix up or not.

Until or even if it ever happens, is there any trick to finding the post in the new site? Obviously it varies - but sometimes all I have is a sentence like "read this post at <link>."" Those are hard to crack. 

I can usually inspect the link and infer the thread - sorry, topic - name, but finding a particular post by post number is hard.

@The Computer Audiophile - any suggestions?

2 hours ago, tailspn said:

My apologies if this has already been covered; but is it possible as it was prior to the new site redo to have the most recent post in a thread be the first on top of the first page viewed, rather than the last on the bottom of the last page? I can't find a way to choose this option.

Thanks!

I don't think this is possible. I know it has been brought up. If anyone has found a way to do this please let us know.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

21 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

I don't know if it is related to the new site, but all my emails from Computer Audiophile goes into my junk mail recently ???  iMac with Mail on 10.11.6

Never encounter that before, but could be Apple fault as they tend

to screw things up most of the time now  :-)

Snapz001.jpg

Very strange. We use SPF, DKIM, and DMARC to tell everyone that our email is legit. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Very strange. We use SPF, DKIM, and DMARC to tell everyone that our email is legit. 

Thank you for reply...

i don't know what is happening...

but it never happened since you change site... i think that, with no proof :)

my OS didn't change since i can't upgrade this iMac pass 10.11.6  :-)

i thought tonight that maybe it is because i receive too much emails from ComputerAudiophile that maybe my Apple Mail software think your are Junk... like too much at a same time... maybe i'll quit those thread and i see... but as you can see here, it all came pretty much from the same thread :)

see the pict from tonight alone...

Snapz001.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Thank you also for a comment i made earlier about having our name kinda cut (on 2 lines)

due to to much big typo... now my name is one one line :)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

On 4/12/2017 at 10:44 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi @Daudio The Blog comments were restored this morning. 

Ah, very good ! I see them now, and can reply to a couple of commenters.

I assume that this fix (what was the fix ??) applies to all Blog writers (?)

And, any idea when the CA blog pictures will re-appear ?

Would it be possible for the tags on the list of unread content only to be seen in the expanded view? Some entries rather defeat the purpose of the condensed view if they have several tags:-

ca.png

LMS on Odroid XU4; HQPlayer on i7-8700; iFi iGalvanic; T+A DAC 8 DSD; Benchmark AHB2; Quad ESL 2805s + two Acoustic Energy subs.

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I found it with a single search using your exact search terms. Make sure you're searching the right stuff. It doesn't default to searching all content. 

Just to clarify - use the drop down in the Search area to choose the content you want (e.g., "All Content") - see screenshot.

Search results - Computer Audiophile 2017-04-15 11-54-27.png

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

3 hours ago, austinpop said:

Minor iOS bug (observed on iPhone, Safari, iOS 10.3.1):

When composing content, hitting return doesn't automatically toggle the uppercase mode for the first letter. Interestingly, if I backspace to correct, then the toggle fires, and the first letter I type is correctly uppercase. 

Yes, I have noticed that both on my iPhone and iPad.  Is that something that can be fixed?

12 hours ago, austinpop said:

Ack. Please tell me, someone, that there is a way.

Using your name I was able to set up an Activity stream with just your posts, then I narrowed it down to say the Auralic Aries thread, which you have several posts.  This showed all your posts in just that thread, unfortunately you only see two lines of the post on that main screen.

Not much help but something 

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

2 hours ago, ShawnC said:

Using your name I was able to set up an Activity stream with just your posts, then I narrowed it down to say the Auralic Aries thread, which you have several posts.  This showed all your posts in just that thread, unfortunately you only see two lines of the post on that main screen.

Not much help but something 

Hi Shawn,

Thanks! That's promising. Can you post or PM me a link to that custom activity stream? I'll use it as a template for now.