IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

It is also not obvious at all what to click to create a response. That is, the mouse pointer does not change when hovering over the thing to click (this is Chrome).

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

43 minutes ago, kirkmc said:

It looks good, and I checked out the responsive version, and it scales well to mobile devices. 

I noticed a couple of oddities on my phone (Android/Chrome). I'll get a screenshot if it happens again.

26 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm glad you asked. I did a lot of research on the appropriate width of text / paragraphs etc... and most of it said about 70 characters / 10 words wide was the sweet spot. 

Thanks for the feedback. I can always make tweaks to improve the experience. 

I wouldn't mind slightly wider text either. Of course I can always make it look any way I want with some CSS overrides.

Hmm, this was two different posts that somehow got merged. What's up with that?

I'm reading this on my iPhone and looks great. Still figuring the site out. The iOS app doesn't seem to work anymore. Will need more time to get used to the change but I love positive change. The website really looks great. And I even clicked on the Musica Pristina ad which looked interesting but pricey. 

I agree that the width of the space for thread text is too small. On my Samsung tablet, thread text is only about 40% of the available width on the screen.

Ads look to be about 40% of the width, too.

Width for user name, pic, etc. could definitely be less.

Thanks for the hard work this weekend. I bet you're exhausted!

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
19 minutes ago, matthias said:

Chris,

it looks very nice, but so far it is not possible to search posts of a certain member.

Matt

Hi Matt - Click on the search magnifying glass up top, then click on the members tab. You can put in a username and search for them. From there, you can even follow certain users etc...

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

22 minutes ago, arglebargle said:

My hopefully constructive feedback is that I really miss the name of the most recent poster to a thread from the index. The avatar indicator gives a hint, but only if the user has an avatar and you recognize it. 

This is still there. Both avatar and the name of the person. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Chris,

When looking at the thread list for a forum, you can can see who last responded to the thread but nothing else. On head-fi, this same view also shows the first bit on the reply and a hyperlink to the post.

Is that possible? It's certainly nice to go directly to the last post in the thread.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'll look at the formatting options, but I can't help with the thinning out part :~)

It's a tough thing, just wanting all the help I can get. ;)

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Ah, thanks for the info. When I imported the users, it put the paid members in the new all access group as a secondary group, not the primary. I've changed yours and will adjust the rest.

Thanks!  That calmed things right down, and I'm happy to report as you'd expect now that mobile also accesses via web, it is immediately effective there as well (as long as you're signed in).

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

It seems that we lost all the "go to last read" data for the old posts (not the new ones). No big deal ? ... I wonder. In a 1K+ posts topic I am now never going to go into it and continue where I suspended last time. So or I'd skip all after where I left off last time or I must find myself where I was. Neither I am going to do.

Not that anyone would care.

About the white space in between the lines : it now acts like Word (Windows). I mean, if I use Enter I want to go to the next line and nothing more. If I need an additional empty line, I'll use enter again.

Additionally, the Preview does not show the real outcome, as it seems (font is smaller).

Lastly, the X to go back (from Preview) to Edit mode is even less intuitive than my software. LOL.

Finally, I now see that tablet mode is less than twice the width of Phone mode. So true, this doesn't meake sense really (Phone looks to be about right).

Right, after pressing Enter one time to much for 10 times in this post ... maybe we should notice that no forum works so intelligently.

And oh, what about my sig. All the same empty lines just because I use new lines which are quite mandatory in such a situation.

And hey, I surely won't tell about how I personally hate the upside-down dropping down header of the page when scrolling down. I now this is hot, but ...

OK, I said finally halfway, but all looks way crowded from all angles possible.

:ph34r:  <-- Good !

Anyway, all meant well and just telling what springs to me.

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

31 minutes ago, mansr said:

I noticed a couple of oddities on my phone (Android/Chrome). I'll get a screenshot if it happens again.

I wouldn't mind slightly wider text either. Of course I can always make it look any way I want with some CSS overrides.

Hmm, this was two different posts that somehow got merged. What's up with that?

I'll check it out on my phone again.

Yes, two posts in succession within a certain period of time will get merged. I can always change it, but lets try it for a little while. 

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Yes, two posts in succession within a certain period of time will get merged. I can always change it, but lets try it for a little while. 

I like it initially, will see whether it results in confusion or changed meanings...

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

14 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

Chris,

When looking at the thread list for a forum, you can can see who last responded to the thread but nothing else. On head-fi, this same view also shows the first bit on the reply and a hyperlink to the post.

Is that possible? It's certainly nice to go directly to the last post in the thread.

I'm looking into it.

9 minutes ago, jhwalker said:

What I'm missing is the ability to go to the "first unread" post in a given thread.  It seems you can only go to the *last* posting, which means you may miss a number of posts from your last visit until this latest post.  Would love to see that back.

Also, would like to see some of the navigators reproduced in a footer-type "floating" band on the bottom of the page; e.g., "Unread Content" link - should not need to scroll up several pages of content just to click that link.

Agree with you about the first unread post button. Looking into it. Thanks for the feedback about links in the footer. Great idea.

9 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

It seems that we lost all the "go to last read" data for the old posts (not the new ones). No big deal ? ... I wonder. In a 1K+ posts topic I am now never going to go into it and continue where I suspended last time. So or I'd skip all after where I left off last time or I must find myself where I was. Neither I am going to do.

Not that anyone would care.

About the white space in between the lines : it now acts like Word (Windows). I mean, if I use Enter I want to go to the next line and nothing more. If I need an additional empty line, I'll use enter again.

Additionally, the Preview does not show the real outcome, as it seems (font is smaller).

Lastly, the X to go back (from Preview) to Edit mode is even less intuitive than my software. LOL.

Finally, I now see that tablet mode is less than twice the width of Phone mode. So true, this doesn't meake sense really (Phone looks to be about right).

Right, after pressing Enter one time to much for 10 times in this post ... maybe we should notice that no forum works so intelligently.

And oh, what about my sig. All the same empty lines just because I use new lines which are quite mandatory in such a situation.

And hey, I surely won't tell about how I personally hate the upside-down dropping down header of the page when scrolling down. I now this is hot, but ...

OK, I said finally halfway, but all looks way crowded from all angles possible.

:ph34r:  <-- Good !

Anyway, all meant well and just telling what springs to me.

Peter

Thanks for the feedback Peter. 

8 minutes ago, rickca said:

I agree that there is way too much wasted space on the left and right.  I'm using a 24" 16:10 display with 125% zoom with Chrome.  There is about 20.5" of horizontal screen space, and the CA content/ads are only using 13.5" of it.

Hi Rick - Tweaks are certainly possible, but I'm going to try this width for a little while. It's what almost all readability experts think is about right. I also understand that they don't speak for you and what you think matters :~)

7 minutes ago, Melvin said:

Nice work Chris!

A couple of minor questions:

1. Is the "Audio System" section of our profiles gone or am I just not finding it?
  2. Blog entry editing? Where did it go? 

The Audio System section converted, but I can only find one small piece of it. I'm still looking, but don't plan on finding it.

What do you mean by blog entry editing?

5 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Can't double tap space on my iPad to make a "." ?

Looking into it.

4 minutes ago, mvilla said:

Hi Chris, just confirming the two comments above. 

Massimo

Thanks.

33 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

I agree that the width of the space for thread text is too small. On my Samsung tablet, thread text is only about 40% of the available width on the screen.

Ads look to be about 40% of the width, too.

Width for user name, pic, etc. could definitely be less.

Thanks for the hard work this weekend. I bet you're exhausted!

Thanks for the constructive feedback. I understand change is tough but I also understand that not all change is good. That's why I'm very open to this feedback and making the experience as good as it can be.

I have a lot of caffein in me right now. Going on a few hours of sleep and no further sleep until tonight.