IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

1 minute ago, jhwalker said:

Nice!

Appreciate the change :) and the other changes today - esp. the dynamic resizing of content for those of us on the ad-free model.  Very nice to have the screen filled, and still works very well on iPhone / iPad, as well.

Really coming along, Chris.

Thanks for the gentle nudges to adjust things a bit. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I wont add much to whats already been stated other than the "size/real estate " issue.  Some seem fine with it others not so much.  I suppose it depends on what your viewing the site with (mobile, certain resolution). 

As was stated a page or two back, this is what I see on a 2K 27"  o.O.   It is what it is and I know your hands are full with many things per this new update.  Although would be nice to see it scale per the device/resolution one is viewing on. Resizing the browser doesn't "format" or change the sizing.  

Although It is similar size wise to the Roon site so I'm kinda used to it I guess. 

58d095aff0cd8_IMG_1439-Copy.thumb.JPG.9bbc30a25425bcdaacf6986784539a73.JPG

My rig

19 minutes ago, Foggie said:

As was stated a page or two back, this is what I see on a 2K 27"  o.O.   It is what it is and I know your hands are full with many things per this new update.  Although would be nice to see it scale per the device/resolution one is viewing on. Resizing the browser doesn't "format" or change the sizing.  

To pass on a tip I learned ealier today from Jud, drag the right edge of your window in until it starts resizing the text, then drag it back out.  You will get about 30% more text as the right side of the text will extend almost to the right erdge of the top black bar. 

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

I still have 2 minor issues with the new site:

1. I'd like the site to remember the type of view I've picked in the activity tab, even if it is a custom defined stream. The site doesn't seem to do this, at least not for me. Just don't want to have to adjust the activity view every time I come back to the site.

2. Drop down menus: don't work properly on my iPad or Android tablet. On the iPad, it takes multiple attempts to get the drop down menu to appear, and it seems to happen just by luck.
On my Android tablet, not all the menu items appear when I touch the tab. 

I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure there are some simple coding fixes that will make the drop down menus - that work with a mouse and "hover" on a desktop -also work properly wth a touch screen.

Other than that, I like the new site and the clean look.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

6 hours ago, Foggie said:

Thanks, but I tried that first thing and did not change anything.  I'm currently not on that monitor/wkst, but wonder if being logged in makes a difference.  I'll try again tomorrow.

Try reloading the page, or if that doesn't work, dumping your browser cache.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

The current width and font size looks fine now but I think the page can use some low intensity colors, grays maybe, to bring down the contrast. 

Just a thought..

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

Any update on Tapatalk support? 

The new CA website looks exactly the same as stereonet which also works with Tapatalk. 

I am missing CA a lot but personally I don't want to open a browser so often. Tapatalk is  great. 

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

20 hours ago, Melvin said:

Well, on an iPhone or iPad you simply tap on the symbol. 

Thanks, that works. I tried press and hold but not just tapping on it.

On another note, this seems like one of those "designy" things done at the expense of usability. Going from a button that said "Go to last read" to a green circle with no indication of what it's for isn't a step up. Even Chris wasn't aware that's what it was. And it works differently depending upon what platform you're using? Newbies to the site will have no idea that you can in fact go to the last read post. At any rate, I know it's there. Thanks for your help.