IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Peter, do you mean edit your post? If yes, the time limit is still the same. 

Chris, I am referring to editing the original post (first post in the thread). Previously we could edit that infinitely - now I can't find how to do it.

Or maybe it needs special permission now ?

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

4 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Chris, I am referring to editing the original post (first post in the thread). Previously we could edit that infinitely - now I can't find how to do it.

Or maybe it needs special permission now ?

Peter, 

I can still edit the OP of the novel thread. Perhaps the difference is that I am also the Topic Moderator.

I don’t know whether OP’s automatically become topic moderators. I thought they did, but perhaps Chris does this as a separate step?

23 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Peter, 

I can still edit the OP of the novel thread. Perhaps the difference is that I am also the Topic Moderator.

I don’t know whether OP’s automatically become topic moderators. I thought they did, but perhaps Chris does this as a separate step?

Yes, moderators get this functionality.

OPs get it for the limited time. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

OPs get it for the limited time. 

All right.

That thread, from August 2018, was still edited by me in March 2019 (see text at the bottom). The last thread I created, could not be edited by me from day 1 (make that day 2 to be on the safe side 🙂).

I don't recall asking for moderation rights back at the time.

I am not a regular thread starter so I can't tell really.

For this thread I like to upload a document / spreadsheet I prepared with people's findings, which "sharing" these days seem rather to go offline than publicly, so with that document the found data can still be shared. No moderation required at all. Maintaining the actual data, yes please ?

XXHighEnd (developer)

Chris

How long does it take for saved changes to your signature to happen?

I made a change to just the date that I quoted in my signature about 3 days ago, but it hasn't changed yet.

Thanks

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Changes are immediate. 

Chris
The saved changes to My Signature  say " Profile updated 13/11/2020" which is the date they were changed.
However My Signature in my posts still says PROFILE UPDATED 28-06-2020
I tried again after reading your reply and waited until the usual clockwise response finished
Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

Chris
The saved changes to My Signature  say " Profile updated 13/11/2020" which is the date they were changed.
However My Signature in my posts still says PROFILE UPDATED 28-06-2020
I tried again after reading your reply and waited until the usual clockwise response finished
Alex

Here’s what your signature says. 

https://audiophilestyle.com/settings/signature/

8D03B2A4-6C36-4835-824C-324D36A67F25.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Chris

Thanks for the assistance.

I have figured our what I was doing incorrectly

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It’s more than perhaps :~)

Yeah. Old age setting in .

Do we have a Smiley for Embarrassed ?

Not happy! Just yesterday, the System process in my Windows 10 laptop starts thrashing the CPU, at 25% or more, if Firefox is looking at a page from this website, with Javascript enabled - I have to eliminate one of these factors, to stop the m/c spinning its wheels.

Would anything have been changed, in AS over the last couple of days, that could have caused this?

Edit: After posting this, saw CPU at 70% momentarily ...

Just now, fas42 said:

Not happy! Just yesterday, the System process in my Windows 10 laptop starts thrashing the CPU, at 25% or more, if Firefox is looking at a page from this website, with Javascript enabled - I have to eliminate one of these factors, to stop the m/c spinning its wheels.

Would anything have been changed, in AS over the last couple of days, that could have caused this?

Nothing has changed on the site in the last couple days. 

The obviously suspicious thing is the streamed audio capture software I installed a day or so ago , which impacted Windows kernel operation, necessitating a reboot. So I uninstalled it, and rebooted again ... so far, so good; the System process is behaving itself now - I'll leave it so for a day or two. Then I'll try installing it again, and see if that brings back the CPU thrashing ...

On 11/19/2020 at 10:24 AM, fas42 said:

The obviously suspicious thing is the streamed audio capture software I installed a day or so ago , which impacted Windows kernel operation, necessitating a reboot. So I uninstalled it, and rebooted again ... so far, so good; the System process is behaving itself now - I'll leave it so for a day or two. Then I'll try installing it again, and see if that brings back the CPU thrashing ...

And did so ... CPU thrashing returned - on AS, with Javascript enabled - okay, we now have a handle on things ...

4 minutes ago, fas42 said:

The font sizes of the forum text has dropped, making everything look a bit flimsy and wishy washy, to me. Confirmed by opening Chrome that it wasn't Firefox - was this a conscious decision?

I changed the font to not use a Google font, and instead use the default font. Will research sizing. 

On 11/23/2020 at 10:55 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I changed the font to not use a Google font, and instead use the default font. Will research sizing.

By exception I agree with Frank. 🤪

Chris, when "we" are all over the place (Internet), your site now suddenly is the exception. This is really too small.

Happy Thanks Giving.

XXHighEnd (developer)

12 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

By exception I agree with Frank. 🤪

Chris, when "we" are all over the place (Internet), your site now suddenly is the exception. This is really too small.

Happy Thanks Giving.

Thanks Peter. I will match the size we had when using Google fonts, but today it probably won’t happen 🦃

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

but today it probably won’t happen 🦃

No Turkey icons there, right ?

XXHighEnd (developer)