IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

OK, just updated that but it may be a can of worms in that the color may show up in some other places unintentionally. Let me know how it goes. 

P.S. I already see it's appearing in this box as I type. 

it's 1000% better... and the typing box is easier to see now too.  Solid work my man! 

8 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Had to make one addition change and you may have to select the theme again down at the bottom. You won't have to do this again.

dude, you totally nailed it.  I wish I could get that level of customer service from places where I spend more than $5/month ... 

I checked it out for a while and it's a first class implementation of a dark theme...  

44 minutes ago, 992Sam said:

dude, you totally nailed it.  I wish I could get that level of customer service from places where I spend more than $5/month ... 

I checked it out for a while and it's a first class implementation of a dark theme...  

Thanks for the kind words. I value your participation, contributions to the community, and constructive feedback. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi Chris:

So what is supposed to be the difference between the themes "AS 2020 (Default)" and "Premium 2020?"

The only difference I can discern is that just one banner ad (seemingly always for Aqua's LinQ) appears at the top when I switch to "AS 2020."  If you mean for that theme as a way for people to see all the ads and sponsor logos, then that's not working.

Also, can you tell us what theme options are given to non-paying forum members? [Especially with regards to what advertising the do or do not see. You already know how I feel about advertisers not being seen by the most supportive (paying) forum members. ¬¬]

I am finding this a bit confusing.

As long as I am have your attention, please explain one other thing that has had me wondering:

Now that there is a Classified section, why does the "Buy and Sell Computer Components" sub-forum still exist?  If someone lists an item for sale in one section, does it automatically also appear in the other?

Thanks,

--Alex C.

9 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

All advertising is shown to everyone who either doesn't subscribe or doesn't login.

Thanks for all the detail Chris.  Not to be pedantic (and I am sure it is just the way I am parsing "either"), but please confirm for us that logged-in "members" who are not paid "subscribers" do still see all the ads.

:D

13 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Thanks for all the detail Chris.  Not to be pedantic (and I am sure it is just the way I am parsing "either"), but please confirm for us that logged-in "members" who are not paid "subscribers" do still see all the ads.

:D

Never a problem asking for clarification Alex. Yes, both logged in members who aren’t paid subscribers and all people who aren’t logged in, see all the ads. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, rando said:

Since you are on the topic of advertising and run the private server feeding it.

"Le Tour de Sonore", the time has perhaps passed on this.

Might I suggest "Giro d' Sonore" or maybe even "Pumpkin Sonore L____"

You’ll have to let Sonore know. Advertisers supply the creatives. 

Personally I don't like dark mode, because when in dark mode and in the middle of the night, I need to switch on the lights to see my keyboard.

hahaha

But this really is so.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Something else: Do I notice correctly that we can't change our own OP any more ?

Apologies if I missed an announcement about that.

Or isn't that supposed to show up here:

image.png.1fb6e37c9583868dd9b7be6632b72aba.png

but in another button I can't find, elsewhere ?

Peter

XXHighEnd (developer)

Chris, I am almost sure that this anomaly wasn't there in the previous version. Look at this example:

(you worked your way to it 😉)

I am used to type the colon like this :

there you go (went, actually). Notice the space.

Since this forum software, maybe a release later, this space causes anomaly because it bears functionality together with the colon. Never mind what exactly - you will know what I mean. However, since the latest version it has become quite impossible to inject a smiley like the one you see above, and next going back with whatever means (backspace, arrow, click+delete) to correct something in the sentence behind the smiley. ... And I am pretty sure a smiley internally registers as :wink: or something.

So at trying to work my way to this 😉 I injected the smiley, make a typo, use left arrow and ... at this first instance of typing the left arrow the position goes bananas. Once when corrected it's okay again.

... And because some type blindly (meaning, eyes not on the screen - haha) you may end up with a HUH?!?

Trying to mimic 😉 will mak type

results in 

image.png.752c5b95176fd5cb9b4dbeb183f02b43.png

and notice where the cursor carret is. I was at "type" and pressed left-arrow one time ...

From there all will be stuck, unless clicking somewhere else.

Might it matter, this is (Desktop) Opera.

PS: Now we finally know where my typos springs from.

ugh

XXHighEnd (developer)

2 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Chris, I am almost sure that this anomaly wasn't there in the previous version. Look at this example:

(you worked your way to it 😉)

I am used to type the colon like this :

there you go (went, actually). Notice the space.

Since this forum software, maybe a release later, this space causes anomaly because it bears functionality together with the colon. Never mind what exactly - you will know what I mean. However, since the latest version it has become quite impossible to inject a smiley like the one you see above, and next going back with whatever means (backspace, arrow, click+delete) to correct something in the sentence behind the smiley. ... And I am pretty sure a smiley internally registers as :wink: or something.

So at trying to work my way to this 😉 I injected the smiley, make a typo, use left arrow and ... at this first instance of typing the left arrow the position goes bananas. Once when corrected it's okay again.

... And because some type blindly (meaning, eyes not on the screen - haha) you may end up with a HUH?!?

Trying to mimic 😉 will mak type

results in 

image.png.752c5b95176fd5cb9b4dbeb183f02b43.png

and notice where the cursor carret is. I was at "type" and pressed left-arrow one time ...

From there all will be stuck, unless clicking somewhere else.

Might it matter, this is (Desktop) Opera.

PS: Now we finally know where my typos springs from.

ugh

I disabled text-to-smiley because it auto converted some product names and grammatically correct words to smiley faces. Smiley faces can be added via the toolbar in the text editing window. 

14 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Smiley faces can be added via the toolbar in the text editing window. 

That is what I'm doing. After that it goes wrong as I tried to explain.

XXHighEnd (developer)

PS: I referred to the :wink: registration because

1. Internally it could still be written out like that;

2. The colons imply issues.

Ad 2.: Officially only when preceded by a space. But the resulting issues mighty much look the same (you can't go anywhere any more with arrow keys, backspace).

If I would type stuff like this : (mind the space preceding the colon) and I'd do this regularly in a post, then in the end all gets stuck because too many of them. Internally they are rendered for functionality beyond what I know or want. 

This is allowed: without space.

On a side note: Interesting is that I can't incur for the popups any more which always emerged by applying the space-colon.

Now on to what happens with the smileys ...

*If* internally this is still written out like :smiley: then mind the space preceding the colon of :smiley, which actually is for this matter just a space between words.

😄 <-- This one won't go wrong.

But 😄 this one imm

... immediately does.

The difference would be that the first one hasn't a space preceded (before the virtual colon). The second one would.

If I can't bring it across, never mind.

XXHighEnd (developer)

On 9/14/2020 at 11:01 AM, ray-dude said:

Chris, I get the motivations for summarizing notification emails (...) but any chance for premium subscribers to get the full contents?  I mainly keep up with conversations through email, and click through when I have something to contribute.  Alas, I'm having to click through on pretty much every notification (which isn't going to happen)

image.thumb.png.9cd2bec210bdb70f6d63b0e280c088d0.png

Chris, forgive me if I missed an update, but is there hope to not summarize email content?

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

Change in site format is good but after consideration I have 1 bit of feedback

Change the site logo font, its awful!!!

Blurry, hard to read.... no one with marketing training would pick it as a good branding option. You want something that 9 out of 10

could easily remember what they read who had no prior familiarity with the site

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

6 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Change in site format is good but after consideration I have 1 bit of feedback

Change the site logo font, its awful!!!

Blurry, hard to read.... no one with marketing training would pick it as a good branding option. You want something that 9 out of 10

could easily remember what they read who had no prior familiarity with the site

It's an svg (vector graphic). It's nearly impossible to make it blurry. Perhaps you're seeing something I'm not?

44 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It's an svg (vector graphic). It's nearly impossible to make it blurry. Perhaps you're seeing something I'm not?

Try looking at it on a wide screen TV.... I'm using a 49" 4K LG. Its much easier to read Forum titles and member names than it is the logo. Its a very forgettable logo.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system