Jump to content
IGNORED

The New CA Issues and Feedback Thread


Recommended Posts

Just noting that the wrong icon keeps popping up on the tab in Firefox - a brand new thread, open the first post by dragging the link to the usual tab heading, and the two coloured, chopped off AS icon comes up. If I refresh that page, then it gets replaced by the correct, blue icon.

 

Probably a browser issue, but I don't want to do some clearing cache workaround to 'solve' this - the website should feed the right formatting commands to make the presentation consistent, 🙂.

Frank

 

http://artofaudioconjuring.blogspot.com/

 

 

Over and out.

.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Just noting that the wrong icon keeps popping up on the tab in Firefox - a brand new thread, open the first post by dragging the link to the usual tab heading, and the two coloured, chopped off AS icon comes up. If I refresh that page, then it gets replaced by the correct, blue icon.

 

Probably a browser issue, but I don't want to do some clearing cache workaround to 'solve' this - the website should feed the right formatting commands to make the presentation consistent, 🙂.

If it’s a browser issue, there’s nothing a site can do. 

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2020 at 9:27 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys, if the site doesn't load properly for you or it looks like all the formatting is gone, please let me know. We are working on a cache issue to speed things up even more. 

 

This happens some times (one out of 20 ?). This is Opera and I recognize it as a kind of "used too much memory" problem.

Right now, in one Browser instance, I am having the problem that I can't get a post to "post".

I still have that instance sitting here :

 

image.png.db0c10b3d911fd1eaebca4a6f52aafa3.png

 

Where clicking the Submit Reply button only tells me "Saving" but the post won't post.
Btw, I went to a new instance, clicked the Text-entry area where my text from the other instance appeared, pressed Submit Reply and it worked.

The other one now sits there and I won't re-attempt (double post).

 

If you don't recognize a thing of this, then blame my browser (I'm good).

 

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2      Ethernet^2     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PeterSt said:

 

This happens some times (one out of 20 ?). This is Opera and I recognize it as a kind of "used too much memory" problem.

Right now, in one Browser instance, I am having the problem that I can't get a post to "post".

I still have that instance sitting here :

 

image.png.db0c10b3d911fd1eaebca4a6f52aafa3.png

 

Where clicking the Submit Reply button only tells me "Saving" but the post won't post.
Btw, I went to a new instance, clicked the Text-entry area where my text from the other instance appeared, pressed Submit Reply and it worked.

The other one now sits there and I won't re-attempt (double post).

 

If you don't recognize a thing of this, then blame my browser (I'm good).

 

Hi Peter, this is a thing. It's unrelated to your browser or the previous cache issue. 

 

Thanks for letting me know it's happening to you. 

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Where clicking the Submit Reply button only tells me "Saving" but the post won't post.
Btw, I went to a new instance, clicked the Text-entry area where my text from the other instance appeared, pressed Submit Reply and it worked.

 

@The Computer Audiophile Normally this is preceded by a very basic text only version of the site loading.  Site loads normally after a refresh or two.  Then buggy behavior like perma-submit starts happening.  

 

Thought it was you adjusting things when it happened a couple times.  Normally very early in the morning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rando said:

 

@The Computer Audiophile Normally this is preceded by a very basic text only version of the site loading.  Site loads normally after a refresh or two.  Then buggy behavior like perma-submit starts happening.  

 

Thought it was you adjusting things when it happened a couple times.  Normally very early in the morning.

 

I get this text only version loading quite often; also had a Save hang indefinitely - required a refresh to sort.

 

Also, spoke too soon about clearing cookies fixing the tab icon being wrong  - as I type here, I have the two coloured AS pic showing for this page.

Frank

 

http://artofaudioconjuring.blogspot.com/

 

 

Over and out.

.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fas42 said:

 

I get this text only version loading quite often; also had a Save hang indefinitely - required a refresh to sort.

 

Also, spoke too soon about clearing cookies fixing the tab icon being wrong  - as I type here, I have the two coloured AS pic showing for this page.

The text only issue is related to redis caching of the site causing our css framework not to load. I disabled redis caching for now. 

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Chris, 

 

Is it me, or does the site now have a brighter white background than before? Yeah I know, that's a nonsensical statement, but I do find the background fatiguing after a while. 

 

Did the old version have a hint of grey, or some delineation between elements? 

 

Maybe I'm imagining it...

Hmmmm. I wish there was an easy answer to this one. There isn’t a 1:1 comparison I can do because behind the scenes sections were added and renamed etc... There is no such parameter as background, its split into several parameters depending on where the user is etc... 

 

I’ll see if I missed something. I tried to transfer all the settings because any change can be too much for people. I figured color was an easy one I could keep static. 

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris, maybe it helps you that this CSS not loading thing (or that "basic text" thing anyway) just happens at going from one page to the other. So suppose I finish this post and then click on the General Forum link (which would be my standard way of working) then it can happen.

 

Crucial for myself at trouble shooting would be:

Yesterday maybe one hour before my first post about this, I had the left border where the avatars show, double. One for the desktop version and I reckon one for the phone version. Thus, two CSS versions loading at the same time ?

I didn't make a screen copy of that situation, but for you the recognizable thing would be that:

 

image.thumb.png.bc8fe806b65a9ed2c39d1121d3d0120e.png

 

the Popular Post button you see there, also showed in the top left corner. So let's try ...

 

image.png.35edc27074bdc12624f13bfd2cd6abd4.png

 

yup, there you go.

Now envision those two overlaid, and that is what I saw. And I never drew the form smaller so I guess it can start out like that (smaller) and then "set" and grow.

 

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2      Ethernet^2     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.1d155ddb8a11a19b8283e9d146ae3700.png

 

 

 

If I click on that Show Reply link, the popup does not disappear.

Even after me posting in that thread it remains:

 

 

 

image.png.fa2833aee4b4ca7b57049c93965839b4.png

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2      Ethernet^2     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Clicking the cross IIRC 3 times, this appears :

 

image.png.5fe280e4ea2d3b0ca35e682cfb38269e.png 

 

But no new replies are there, and the popup won't disappear.

F5 solves it.

 

 

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2      Ethernet^2     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can imagine that this was already discussed:

 

image.png.d505b9801fd556cdb87a618e6f7a8116.png

When I click that link, I expect to go to the first page of the topic. At least it always worked like that plus it is functionality in itself. Clicking the dot/asterisk in the left would go to the first unread post.

Today, clicking the link goes to the first unread post (which are not there for me in this case), while all I want is to read through the OP once again. This happens numerous times, I suppose not only for me.

 

So I hope this can be changed back to how it was ?

(and if not I will survive)

Peter

 

 

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2      Ethernet^2     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

I can imagine that this was already discussed:

 

image.png.d505b9801fd556cdb87a618e6f7a8116.png

When I click that link, I expect to go to the first page of the topic. At least it always worked like that plus it is functionality in itself. Clicking the dot/asterisk in the left would go to the first unread post.

Today, clicking the link goes to the first unread post (which are not there for me in this case), while all I want is to read through the OP once again. This happens numerous times, I suppose not only for me.

 

So I hope this can be changed back to how it was ?

(and if not I will survive)

Peter

 

 

I believe you can set this individually. 

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...