IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

Is it here that we say i like the new layout from maybe a week ago, notice fonts and layout changed for better to my eyes... 😀

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

1 hour ago, jcn3 said:

The "mark forum as read" button seems to be missing at least on my tablet (in mobile view)

This is one that I haven't used in the past and don't remember where the button was. Can you help me a little by telling me exactly where the button or link was locted?

Thanks JCN!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

19 hours ago, austinpop said:

Hi Chris,

Another couple of minor quirks:

1. "My Classifieds" is missing in the pull down for the account name on the top right of the page.
  2. In Profile, the link to that user's "store" is missing.

I know this only because I'm selling a bunch of surplus gear at the moment!

How's the "multiple posts per topic in stream" problem going? That for me is the biggest issue right now. I'm sure for many others too.

The classifieds links in the menu were easy. The link to individual stores is a tough one. I will get in touch with the modification developer. The store is still there, but the profile link is gone - https://audiophilestyle.com/classifieds/store/25654-austinpop

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 9/15/2020 at 8:47 AM, auricgoldfinger said:

I am seeing every post from every thread that I follow on my unread content page.  I hope we can get back to the way it has always been, seeing only the most recent post with the ability to go directly to the first unread message.  Thank you.

P.S.  Love the speed of the site now.

Chris, I'm still seeing every unread post from every thread that I follow on my unread content page.

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This is one that I haven't used in the past and don't remember where the button was. Can you help me a little by telling me exactly where the button or link was locted?

Thanks JCN!

It was located either just under the hamburger Icon or at the very top of the drop down list.  I use it a lot while at work on my phone. 
Its still located in the drop down menu toward the bottom. 

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Thanks JCN!

it used to appear right under the "start a new topic" button on a tablet or phone.

ah!  i see it's now at the bottom of the page -- thanks @ShawnC.

chris -- i would rather see it back at the top instead of the bottom if possible.  i like as much consistency between the mobile and desktop sites as possible (and i'm lazy)!

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Has the print on site faded in terms of boldness?

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

To me the text looks normal but the "signature" has been faded a little.

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

Hi Chris

Can this be done ?

(Not mandatory)

I’ve wanted this since 2007. I implemented it once based on IP address and a couple people freaked out because they didn’t want their locations made public. Unfortunately I let the tail wag the dog and removed the feature. 

I will look into ways to make this happen. I think it’s neat and helpful. 

14 minutes ago, rando said:

I think you mean creepy and prone towards making those active wary of your site if done in the nature you espoused. 

Anyone who wishes can change their "Junior Member" status to reflect their Internationally prominent location.  ;)

I have no idea what you mean. 

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I have no idea what you mean. 

I as well have no idea what you mean.

You were already aware of the fact using IP address to broadcast location was labeled as creepy and made active users wary of using the site.

You were already aware of the solution I proposed and implemented inside my own account.  

3 minutes ago, rando said:

I as well have no idea what you mean.

You were already aware of the fact using IP address to broadcast location was labeled as creepy and made active users wary of using the site.

You were already aware of the solution I proposed and implemented inside my own account.  

With all due respect, I can't let the tail wag the dog. You're in the extreme vocal minority that thinks it's creepy to show a flag near your username. 

@BlueSkyy Thanks for response.  I dropped Chris a line just to check.  I feel some more contrast of the type face would help for comfort reading.

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

21 minutes ago, Liam said:

@BlueSkyy Thanks for response.  I dropped Chris a line just to check.  I feel some more contrast of the type face would help for comfort reading.

One way to get the site to look the way you want is to use a chrome extension like this one - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-css/okpjlejfhacmgjkmknjhadmkdbcldfcb/related?hl=en

With all due respect, I can't let the tail wag the dog. You're in the extreme vocal minority that thinks it's creepy to show a flag near your username. 

Which is a complete aside to reminding you of the past.  In the present, secure browsers and security software block these elements even if it means breaking the site for that user.  

2 hours ago, rando said:

the fact using IP address to broadcast location was labeled as creepy and made active users wary of using the site.

4 minutes ago, rando said:

In the present, secure browsers and security software block these elements even if it means breaking the site for that user. 

This is like trying to call someone without a phone number. It doesn't work. Websites need your address to send you information. 

Plus, getting all out of sorts about this is a little over the top. We all have bigger fish to fry. 

One way to get the site to look the way you want is to use a chrome extension like this one - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-css/okpjlejfhacmgjkmknjhadmkdbcldfcb/related?hl=en

@The Computer AudiophileThanks Chris.  I had a look at your suggestion, but it seemed all to 'developer' oriented for me.  On the other hand I have improved the readability by zooming the page.